Storyteller Greek Myths DVD coming September 7

dbarrie

Reaction score
Check out this news from TVShowsOnDVD.com:

Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Greek Myths (mini-series) - It's all 'DVD' to me!
Posted by David Lambert 6/24/2004

Last August, Columbia TriStar thrilled fans of Jim Henson's work with a DVD release of Jim Henson's The Storyteller - The Complete Collection. The only gripe was that the handful of episodes from the spin-off series, Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Greek Myths, weren't included on that DVD.

Apparently Columbia has heard the fans loud and clear, because DVDEmpire put up for pre-order yesterday this listing for a 120-minute-long DVD featuring the entire run of the show.

According to DVDEmpire, the list price is $19.94, and it will be available to buy on Sept. 7th. Columbia won't reveal more details until next week, but stay tuned and we'll bring you the rest of the info, and the cover art, just as soon as we can.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1761

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the time being this is listed as a "rumor" until we get confirmation from another source.

King Prawn

Reaction score
This is great but i'm not quite sure what Greek Myths is exactly, is it the same style as the Storyteller?

Thanks, not quite sure what Greek Myths is but I really hope this is in fact true since i'd love to add this one to my collection.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
KingPrawn, the Greek Myths are indeed in the same style as the rest of the Storyteller series. It includes Thessius and the Minotaur, Daedalus and Icarus, Persius and the Gorgons, and a fourth Greek mythical story that I forget at this moment.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Now THIS is going to be awesome! PLEASE let it be true let it be true let it be true!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Greek Myths were originally shown in the UK. While not on the same level as the original Storyteller series, they are still enjoyable and worthy of a DVD release.

jediX

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
This is great but i'm not quite sure what Greek Myths is exactly, is it the same style as the Storyteller?

Thanks, not quite sure what Greek Myths is but I really hope this is in fact true since i'd love to add this one to my collection.
All four episodes were released in 1999/2000 on VHS, but it looks like Amazon (where I got both from last summer) only has Perseus and the Gorgon/Daedalus and Icarus left in stock. eBay probably has the other.

dbarrie

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of them, so I can't wait to get them if/when they're released this fall!

OI MuppetFan

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I havent seen these either so it would be great if they brought them out. The more muppet and henson stuff the merrier!