Storyteller Greek Myths DVD coming September 7

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
Mike Gambon is the new Dumbledore. Isn't he? in the third Harry Potter? i know John Hurt is the wizard who sells the wands in the first one. Sorry if it's a bit of topic. :embarrassed:

petrieboy

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Hour

Im very happy that Columbia has released all of the Storyteller episodes. The problem is, they were part of The Jim Henson Hour, which I still hope will come to dvd. I suppose they could release The Jim Henson Hour separately, with the Storyteller cut off, but that would make it the Jim Henson Half Hour and he always introduced the weekly Storyteller episode at the end of the first 1/2.

I think releasing "The Jim Henson Hour" full series with all Storytellers would have been a more delightful choice- 4 discs would have done it. It's really a crime that we can't see those old shows again in their entirety.

Oh... one more thing... I have a Jim Henson Hour feature videotaped called "Lighthouse Island," I could have sworn it was a Storyteller episode, but I guess it was something put on in place of a Storyteller that week. And what about all the other JHH segments like "Dog City" or "Miss Piggy Goes Hollywood"?

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Hmm hope this show is good. Or i'll wish i had bought tacos instead. :grouchy:

G-MAN

Reaction score
I had been looking all over the place for this, then finally I just had mom order it for me, and I just got it yesterday. A very cool series.

leliebel

Reaction score
I'm confused

You're talking about american releases right?

Because I live in the netherlands and I've had all the storyteller dvd's including greek myths for nearly a year... :confused:

<edit>

This thread is over 2 years old :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I finally found it at walmart, and they also had the Fraggle and All About Grover dvd's!

edible eye

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Was "Greek Myths" made before or after Jim died? Why was Michael Gambon cast as the storyteller instead of John Hurt? Why was this series initially only broadcast in the UK? Why did somebody describe "Greek Myths" as being of a lesser quality than the original "Storyteller" series? And why were only 4 episodes made?

OI MuppetFan
The Greek Myths were made before Jim Henson died. Not sure why Michael Gambon was cast, perhaps John Hurt was busy. :confused: Greek Myths were made for the Uk and not shown here in the good ol' USA because they were more "dark" than the original "Storyteller" series. I own them all on Vhs. Daedalus and Icarus is my favorite episode, it makes me cry everytime. Beautiful acting.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if "The Storyteller: Greek Myths" is worth $19.99? I've never seen the episodes but I found the DVD at my local Suncoast and just couldn't see myself paying that price for four episodes esp. with Palisade's Backstage Playset, Sweetums, Exclusive Animal, & mini Swedish Chef, Kermit and Bunsen to buy. I really like "The Storyteller" starring John Hurt, but I paid the same price for nine of those episodes. Any input would be appreciated.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ugh, you can't imagine the hoops I went through to get this and the original Storyteller on tape from a trader..

Definitely worth it though. The Storyteller is probably one of the best television shows ever produced. Didn't like Greek Myths as much (how could they not use John Hurt?!), but still pretty cool stuff.