1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Strange "Elmo in Grouchland" VHS

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Rugratskid, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

[​IMG] Has anyone else seen this before? Saw it on Ebay, planning to buy it tomorrow, unless someone knows more about it.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What's strange about it? And, if you think it's strange, why do you want to buy it?

3. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Should've explained more clearly, lol.

It's not as strange to me as it is intriguing.. I own 2 different copies of EIG on tape (long story on why, not intentional), one without label, an one with label.. and neither of them have that label in the picture. It looks incredibly unprofessional, without any sort of company logo. The tape length also doesn't appear to be the same length as the retail tape.. if I had to guess, I'd say it's a bootleg VHS from the theatrical run, but who knows.

As for buying, with shipping, it's under 5 dollars, so even if it's nothing interesting, I don't really loose anything, lol.

4. Garrett

Garrett Member

Actually, that's an AVON copy.

5. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Thanks for the info :) Didn't even know AVON distrubuted the movie; perhaps they sold it through their magazine for subscribers before the retail tape? Who knows, lol.

Seems to be very little to no info about this version on the web, still gonna attempt to pick it up.