Suggestions on good puppetry literature

leliebel

Reaction score
I would really like ti learn more about puppetry, but I don't knwo where to start, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm don't mean muppetry, though I don't exclude it. I want to gain more genaeral knowlegde about puppetry and differenrt kinds of puppetry in general.

Beebers

Reaction score
I could give you great gobs of lists here but - for quick and easy one-stop information, may I direct you to www.puppeteers.org.
The Puppeteers of America, Inc.
26 Howard Avenue
New Haven CT 06519-2809
USA

They can provide and/or direct you to anything and everything, resources, etc., not limited to Muppety arts at all, it's all forms of puppetry, and history, too, which I find fascinating.
Also, if you type Puppeteers of America in your search window you'll get a number of other sources in addition to the above.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Probably the definative "puppet book" is the Art of the Puppet by Bill Baird. It has been out of print for many years, but most libraries in North America carry at least one or two copies. It traces the history of puppetry from (almost) the beginning of civilization to the mid/late 1970s.

leliebel

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I could give you great gobs of lists here but - for quick and easy one-stop information, may I direct you to www.puppeteers.org.
The Puppeteers of America, Inc.
26 Howard Avenue
New Haven CT 06519-2809
USA

They can provide and/or direct you to anything and everything, resources, etc., not limited to Muppety arts at all, it's all forms of puppetry, and history, too, which I find fascinating.
Also, if you type Puppeteers of America in your search window you'll get a number of other sources in addition to the above.
Thanks,I'lllookitup as soon as I have internet at home. :smile:

Buck-Beaver said:
Probably the definative "puppet book" is the Art of the Puppet by Bill Baird. It has been out of print for many years, but most libraries in North America carry at least one or two copies. It traces the history of puppetry from (almost) the beginning of civilization to the mid/late 1970s.

aaah to bad I don'tlive in north america then,but I'll look. Thanks!

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, what I said doesn't do you much good if you don't have the Net. I'll put together a list for you.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I have a decent collection of puppet books,
these are my faves;
The Foam Book by Drew Allison & Dnald Devet
Puppets: Methods & Materials by Cedric Flower & Alan Fortney
The Complete Book Of Puppetry by George Latshaw
101 Hand Puppets by Richard Cummings
An Introduction to Puppets & Puppet Making by David Currell
The Complete Book Of Puppets And Puppeteering by Robert Ten Eyck Hanford

The last two are out of print, the rest can be ordered online or at places like Barnes And Noble or Borders. Any of the books by David Currell are good, the one listed is just the basics. If you need ISBN numbers or anything else feel free to email me
Jon
jivepuppet@aol.com :crazy:

leliebel

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Well, what I said doesn't do you much good if you don't have the Net. I'll put together a list for you.
Oh,but Iwill have internetby the end of the month :smile:

Jivepuppet said:
I have a decent collection of puppet books,
these are my faves;
The Foam Book by Drew Allison & Dnald Devet
Puppets: Methods & Materials by Cedric Flower & Alan Fortney
The Complete Book Of Puppetry by George Latshaw
101 Hand Puppets by Richard Cummings
An Introduction to Puppets & Puppet Making by David Currell
The Complete Book Of Puppets And Puppeteering by Robert Ten Eyck Hanford

The last two are out of print, the rest can be ordered online or at places like Barnes And Noble or Borders. Any of the books by David Currell are good, the one listed is just the basics. If you need ISBN numbers or anything else feel free to email me
Jon
jivepuppet@aol.com :crazy:
Thank you very much,Iwilllookinto your suggestions. :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Oh, good. Now I don't have to make a list. As soon as you have the Net, visit the site I mentioned. There's a whole world out there. :cool:

leliebel

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Oh, good. Now I don't have to make a list. As soon as you have the Net, visit the site I mentioned. There's a whole world out there. :cool:

*smiles sweetly* :smile:

leliebel

Reaction score
as of today I have internet

Yay me!

c'mon Yay with me!