Suggestions on good puppetry literature

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
George Latshaw's book is pretty good, if a little dated. I recently finally found a copy of it at a NYC bookshop.

leliebel

Reaction score
I just thought I'd mention that I've started looking into puppetry and I noticed that there is not a lot of information available in the netherlands. Appernetly it's not very populair around here, in germany on the other hand there's lots. Darn, now I have to learn German... :smile:

Still, the point is, I think it's very strange that there doesn't even seem to be a dutch pupptry association of some sort.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
John Kennedy, a Muppeteer and puppet builder just released a fantastic puppet making book! it's called Puppet Mania!, and I highly recomend it to anyone interested in puppetry. Right on the back cover it hasquotes from Bill Barette, Dave Goelz, and Caroll Spinney, all raving about John and the book.i picked my copy up at Borders (I work there). But I'm sure it's at other shops!

GET THIS BOOK NOW! It's from a Muppet guy!
Jon the Jivepuppet :big_grin:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Dag nab it, I've been scooped!! :mad:

Has anyone actually read it?

leliebel

Reaction score
you've been what?

*is thinking about ice-cream*

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I picked up a copy of "Puppet Mania" today and it's really, really good. I could barely get it out of the World's Biggest Bookstore in Toronto because it's a new title and the cashier was flipping through it instead of ringing up my purchase.

Everyone who asks about how to get started in puppet building should definately check this book out. John Kennedy has lots of really creative low-cost puppet building ideas in it.

leliebel

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I picked up a copy of "Puppet Mania" today and it's really, really good. I could barely get it out of the World's Biggest Bookstore in Toronto because it's a new title and the cashier was flipping through it instead of ringing up my purchase.

Everyone who asks about how to get started in puppet building should definately check this book out. John Kennedy has lots of really creative low-cost puppet building ideas in it.
alas, I can't order it here yet, but I'll be looking out for it. :wink:

Jinx

Reaction score
Puppet Mania

Today I picked up my copy of Puppet Mania. (I had to special order it) and it is quite a fun little book!

One thing that it does have is a web address where you can buy not only the book, but kits for the banana puppets. Also you can get the book autographed by the author. So if you're wanting this book and needing to order it, this may be your best bet.

http://www.puppetkit.com/c/48