Suggestions on good puppetry literature

leliebel

Reaction score
hmmm now there's a thought...

I went to the library last week and they had a few puppetry books, but they we're all arts and crafts books. No serious books at all. One book had an instruction on how to make a muppet style puppet, but the end result was appalling.
Puppetry is to easily pushed into the kiddie corner.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Exactly! Here in Toronto the library system has a remarkable collection of puppetry reference material, but few people know about it because it's lumped in with their special children's collection.

I'm seriously considering writing a really thorough, definative book on puppet building methods when I have the time later this year. Something like the foam book, but more advanced. A next step if you will.

leliebel

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Exactly! Here in Toronto the library system has a remarkable collection of puppetry reference material, but few people know about it because it's lumped in with their special children's collection.

I'm seriously considering writing a really thorough, definative book on puppet building methods when I have the time later this year. Something like the foam book, but more advanced. A next step if you will.

:big_grin: I'll be looking forward to it.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
John's new book

I'm going to head out to the bookstore tonight and see if I can find John's new book. He did slip me a copy of the Goin' Bananas CD when I saw him earlier in January.

I'm glad this book is getting such good reviews. He mentioned he may have a another one coming out soon which will be a little more advanced that PuppetMania. He told me some details, but I don't want to ruin it for ya'll.

I'm currently working on a puppet of my Great Grandmother to do a little presentation on her 90th Birthday in Feb. It's based a lot of the Nip & Tuck method from the Foam Book series. I'll post photos when she's done.

Grant
www.throwingtoasters.com