1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Camp Island

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snichols1973, Jul 8, 2018.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

CN's newest series, Summer Camp Island, is debuting this weekend.

Feel free to share your thoughts and discussions, etc.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  2. snichols1973

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't expect to like the show very much, but I actually really, really do! Now, i'm not sure how wise it is for Cartoon Network to be airing every episode all at once, it seems like a way to make audiences tired of it as soon as it starts, but that's CN for you. Anyways, the show is really cute, funny, and charming. It's unlike anything the network has ever had, including the art style. The voice cast consists almost entirely of child actors, and they all do a good job. If this show becomes a hit, which I hope it will, I think Suzy the witch is going to be a huge fan favorite; She's certainly mine.

4. snichols1973

Pepper the Panda, with his security blanket, reminds me of Linus Van Pelt, and Betsy's physical traits look like they were based on Arthur and/or D.W. Read.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

This is a pretty fun and crazy show. Like OK K.O., it better established itself from the pitch pilot online to the main series by better introducing our main characters and the setting, in this case the anthropomorphic animals and all the talking objects they are surrounded by. One thing I've noticed in the episodes I've seen so far is that Oscar's crush on Hedgehog isn't apparent, unlike the pilot. Maybe that will change down the line.

Like Gravity Falls and Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer before it, I think SCI will have a pretty short run considering the setting. Then again, Phineas & Ferb ran way longer than 104 days (i.e. episodes), so who knows.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

Huh, I just looked it up and I had no idea Hedgehog was a girl.

7. mr3urious

If it weren't for the skirt, I'd be fooled, too. :D

8. Pig's Laundry

Wait, she has a skirt?!? Dang, I really need to pay closer attention.

9. snichols1973

Imagine how differently things would have turned out if Hedgehog had been a Scottish boy wearing a kilt. That would have put a whole new twist on things altogether...

10. mr3urious

Am I the only one who thinks the girl in purple riding on a unicorn looks like Muffy Crosswire? And that Max the bat boy in the red baseball cap looks a bit like Wakko Warner?

11. mr3urious

The episode "Feeling Spacey" was really cute. One thing I've noticed is that those Ewok-looking things on the emotion-powered planet seemed pretty gender-ambiguous, as gender pronouns were never given to Puddle
    who is revealed to be the one who hogged all the other inhabitant's emotions just because it was afraid of expressing its true feelings to the king.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I might watch an episode online. Kind of looks like We Bare Bears.