Super GroversMommy

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'm told that Super Grover and Super GroversMommy appeared recently on an episode of Elmo's World. Does anyone remember what the theme of the episode was? Here's a partial list of EW themes that might help refresh your memories....
  • Elmo's World: Springtime Fun - Birds / Bikes / Bugs
  • Elmo's World: Babies, Dogs & More - Babies / Dogs / Farm Life
  • Elmo's World (self titled) - Dancing / Music / Books
  • Elmo's World: Wake Up With Elmo - Sleeping / Getting Dressed / Brushing Teeth
  • Elmo's World: Singing, Drawing & More - Singing / Drawing / Telephones
  • Elmo's World: Flowers, Bananas & More - Flowers / Bananas / Hair
  • Elmo's World: Birthdays, Games & More - Birthdays / Games / Pets
  • Elmo's World: Head To Toe With Elmo - Jackets / Hats / Shoes
  • Elmo's World: Wild Wild West - (special; not a segment for episodic Sesame)
  • Elmo's World: Happy Holidays (special; not a segment for episodic Sesame)
  • Elmo's World: The Great Outdoors - ??? (coming June 3rd)
  • Sesame Street: Computer Caper - Computers
  • Sesame Street: Elmo Visits the Firehouse - Firefighters
  • Sesame Street: Elmo in Grouchland (Sing and Play) - Balls
Other themes that have not been released on DVD include "Open and Close" and "Sky" (although, they might be two of the episodes featured onthe upcoming "Great Outdoors" DVD release for which I have no content listing yet), but neither of these eps had Super GroversMommy.

I've been told that there are only about 30 or so EW episodes so far anyway, so I'm figuring the Super GroversMommy appearance has to be on one of these.

Additionally, I'm told Stephanie D'Abruzzo most likley voiced Super GroversMommy. Have there been any other appearances of GroversMommy on Sesame Street where she talked?

(by the way, if you're wondering why I write GroversMommy as one word, you need to check out the GroversMom.com Journal at ToughPigs)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Danny writes the best articles! THAT Was funn-ee!! And what's up with all the men having bicycle handled mustaches?!

Weird.

Ryan

Reaction score
Scarecroe,
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I am almost positive it was the "Sky" episode.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

It's not the "Sky" episode as I just taped that one today. Elmo gets an email from Ingrid, Humphrey and Super Baby Natasha, we see Slimey in the drawer and the visitors at the end are the sun and the moon. Those are the points throughout EW that we might normally see another character, but no luck in this one. I've actually seen SuperGrover on EW twice, but never with his mommy.

Ryan

Reaction score
Hmm..that's odd......sorry, not sure which it is then. :embarrassed:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Do you remember what section of the segment they were used in? Was it in an email to Elmo? As part of what's in Elmo's drawer?

Ryan

Reaction score
It was in an e-mail. I seem to remember them falling out of the sky. Grover first, mommy second. Grover says "Look...Super-Mommy!" to whihc she replies "Hello Son!"

Cookie's mommy just recently appeared in a Letter of The Day skit. She was performed by Steve.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for that! It will give me something to go on when looking for it again.

Thanks for reminding me about Cookie's Mom too. I taped it and need to take a screenshot. I didn't catch that being Steve the first time around, I'll be listening closely the next time! Granny Bird appeared in the same episode in Big Bird's thought bubble voiced by Carroll and I'll be getting a screenshot of that as well.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Could we use those Screen Caps for the Sesame Street Encyclopedia please ?

thanks

scarecroe

Reaction score
Absolutely. I just need to find which tape that's on now.

Anyone's welcome to use anything that I post here or on ToughPigs, but if it's something I've posted on Back Stage Left, then it's courteous to ask permission first.