Super Mario Bros. Games/Shows/Toys

Yorick

Reaction score
Greenhouse Gorilla was BRILLAINT... if for nothing else, they actually used Stanley the Bugman from the little known Donkey Kong 3 game in that episode.

I still don't like the fact Pauline is portrayed as his niece. I guess it was too provocative to make it his girlfriend.
Yes, Stanley was even in a "game & watch" 2 screen game called "Greenhouse". Kind of like DK3 without DK, and there is a ladder he has to go up to stop other bugs from attacking the plants on the other level. I have been told that Stanley's other name is Mr. Game & Watch.

The funny thing is that I saw a DK (the cartoon!) coloring book a few years ago in a little shop, and I wish I bought it. But anyway, in the book, the drawings were like the show (if I recall correctly) and they even had a page near the beginning where it said, "Mario loves Pauline, but she doesn't even know he exists" or something like that. Which confuses things even more. But in the book it seemed they weren't related. So it's strange indeed!

And I agree with Xerus about DK in the show!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A quick question about Super Mario 64 DS

Does anyone know where the secret "?" switch that makes the the "?" blocks solid is?

I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Even StrategyWiki doesn't have anything about it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think that was a fair review, Drtooth - I agree I like the situations DK gets in, like in "New Wave Ape" and "Greenhouse Gorilla". The latter being my fave so far of the youtube uploads I've seen!

And Kiki, I liked the Super Mario Bros movie!
By the way, is there a pic of that 1985 plush Mario anywhere online?
Here's the first japan animated movie. And i've read that the creator didn't even know anything about it.

Here's an old news clip about the Nintendo and it has Mario and Luigi plushes in the video.

I even just bought the DVD today. The first time i watched i really enjoyed it. I've seen those plush Mario and Luigi back in the day but never knew about them till later on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Until it came to stuff like Pokemon and Kirby (come on... guess which one I actually like) Nintendo pretty much didn't care about cartoon versions of their characters as anything else but "merchandising" and they have absolutely no respect for any of the DIC Nintendo cartoons (In some cases, you almost couldn't blame them)... Sega, on the other hand embraced their cartoon counterparts, even making merchandise with the Internet Meme AOSTH Rrrrobotnik, including the video game "Robotnik's mean Bean Machine." There was some Australian Sega theme park that even had little water bottles and plushes of that version, as well as Princess Sally.

To this day, the only time I've seen SMBSS King Koopa on merchandise, it was only the Valiant produced Mario comics and a water ring toss type game.

But then, Pokemon and Kirby both use character designs directly from their video games (just redesigning DeeDeeDee to look less cutesy and a little more threatening). It truly is a shame we haven't seen a Mario or Link cartoon since they both left the air. I'd LOVE to see a regular Mario anime series dubbed over here.

Xerus

Reaction score
It truly is a shame we haven't seen a Mario or Link cartoon since they both left the air. I'd LOVE to see a regular Mario anime series dubbed over here.
I would too. I think Yoshi's Island would've made an interesting cartoon series. Seeing Mario, Luigi, and Bowser having adventures as babies.

Plus I would like to see how Mario's evil counterpart Wario would do in a cartoon series.

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS

The Super Mario Bros. cartoon series will be today’s V/A focus. The first year was called the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and it featured live action and animated adventures. The late Captain Lou Albano performed Mario while Danny Wells performed Luigi in both the live action and animated shows. Plus it featured cartoons about the Legend of Zelda every Friday. In the next year, the show became the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, but the live action scenes were gone and Captain Lou and Danny didn’t come back to voice Mario and Luigi, plus it was shown along side the cartoon, Captain N. And the third year, the show became Super Mario World. A Canadian cast was used for all the series.

SUPER MARIO BROS.:

CAPTAIN LOU ALBANO: Mario(first voice)
WALKER BOONE: Mario(second voice)
DANNY WELLS: Luigi(first voice)
TONY ROSATO: Luigi(second voice)
JEANINE ELIAS: Princess Toadstool(first voice), Shyguy
TRACEY MOORE: Princess Toadstool(second voice)
JOHN STOCKER: Toad, Mouser, Troopa, Beezo, Flurry, Oogtar the Caveboy, Magikoopa, Monty Mole, Charging Chuck
HARVEY ATKIN: King Bowser Koopa, Mushroom Mayor, Tryclyde, Sniffet
JAMES RANKIN: Cheatsy Koopa
GORDON MASTEN: Bigmouth Koopa
PAULINA GILLIS: Kootie Pie Koopa
TARA STRONG: Hip Koopa, Hop Koopa
DAN HENNESSEY: Bully Koopa
MICHAEL STARK: Kooky Von Koopa
LOUISE VALLANCE: Ptooey
ANDREW SABISTON: Yoshi
ERNIE ANDERSON: Opening Narrator

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA:

CYNDY PRESTON: Zelda