Swamp Call

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
This may seem like a totally random question, but... how sad/pathetic/strange/crazy is it that, having just read all those posts that came after chapter two, I am now laughing hysterically? I mean, really, if you think about it, I'm laughing at you laughing at my story. ...er, or something like that.

Now then, I have an urge to comment on the comments... hm. That sounds strange. But I'm too lazy to quote everybody, so....

Just J: All I'm going to say is that I agree.

Effralyo: A light summer rain, really? Aw, thank you ever so very much! <hugs>

prawncracker: I was actually thinking for a moment, that once Kermit said Maggie is his sister, people might wonder if she was also Robin's mother. But, she isn't, so... yeah, random comment on my part...

Beth: Thank you a thousand times for the detailed review! It feels so good to get those... Since you brought it up, I must tell the tale of how Maggie started calling Kermit "Mit." When I was picturing her, I just couldn't hear this little overly energetic prankster sister saying "Kermit" unless she was really upset. Somehow it just wasn't fitting. So I thought, "Oh, well, if I can't hear her calling him Kermit, she must have a nickname for him!" But then I thought, what does she call him? Because if you think about it, there's a few characters who have a special nickname for Kermit. With Miss Piggy, it's Kermie, with Clifford, it's Kerm, with Scooter, it's usually Boss or Chief, with Pepe, it's Kermin, with Lew Zealand, it's usually Mr. the Frog. So I thought about those nicknames and realized that, with the exception of Scooter and Lew, all of their nicknames had two common denomenators: they focus on the the first syllable of "Kermit," and spell check hates them. (Spell check hates a lot of Muppet names, it's really annoying...) So I thought to myself, well, why not focus on the SECOND syllable of Kermit? We've got the Kerm, what happened to "it"? Then I realized it would sound funny for Maggie to call her brother It, so I put the M back, and there we go!

G-MAN: Glad you like it! And don't worry, I shall in fact tell you more, tell you more...

Beau: Yeah, you'd better not forget about this one! :wink: Glad you like it so much, Thanks so so so so much for the detailed review, and I loved the adjustments to the "postee's" username... I actually used to use "to-get-her" to remember how to spell "together"...

minor muppetz: Glad you like it! I am also curious about this banjo-in-the-pond incident... I guess we'll have to wait and see... if we see... er...

Wow, that's a long post I just made! I still have to catch up on the rest of the fanfic and do my homework! ...er, I mean, I'm done with my homework, yes, because of course, I wouldn't be online if I hadn't finished my homework yet... er... naturally, yes, of course...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...so... since I gave you two chapters last night, no one minds that I can't give you one tonight, right? Especially because I'm not giving you one tonight to allow for more sleep, and a well-rested mind will allow me to write a better story... right?...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yeah. Call it guilt, or whatever, but now I can't sleep. And nobody's posting. And... yeah.
Now that everyone's asleep- here comes chapter three.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter three

Miss Piggy sat in her dressing room, brushing her hair, deep in thought. Maggie was Kermit’s sister. Kermit probably trusted her, and told her about things that were important to him. So Maggie was a valuable source of information on the few aspects of Kermit’s life that Miss Piggy didn’t know about. But no one gossips with someone she is upset with. Miss Piggy knew she would have to apologize to Maggie. It would not be easy, but it would be worth it.

There was a light knock at the door. “Come in!” Miss Piggy called as she set her brush down.

Maggie came in and closed the door behind her. “Hi, Miss Piggy,” she said.

“Oh!” Miss Piggy said, surprised at her guest. “Hi, Maggie.”

Maggie took a deep breath. “You know, Miss Piggy, I was thinking,” she said as she came over and leaned up on the vanity, “We sort of... got off on the wrong foot. Let’s start over.” She held out her hand. “Hi, I’m Maggie.”

Miss Piggy took the hand and shook it. This was going to be easier than she thought. “Hello, Maggie,” she said. “Moi am Miss Piggy.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Miss Piggy,” Maggie said. “My brother had told me a lot about you.”

“Oh, really?” Miss Piggy said. “And what does he say about little ol’ moi?”

Maggie had a devious twinkle in her eye. This was going to be easier than she thought. “Well,” she said with a smile, “That seems to depend on his mood...”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

“Hey Green Stuff,” Floyd said as the band stopped at Kermit’s desk, “Julia’s not too upset with Animal, is she?”

“No, I was just talking to Miss Roberts, and she said that she is not holding any grudge against him,” Kermit said.

“Yo Kerm!” Clifford called down from the lights. “We got any more hundred-Watt bulbs left?”

“Check the prop room, Clifford!” Kermit called back.

“Hey Kermit,” Gonzo said as he came up the stairs, “Can I do my act in tonight’s show?”

“Uh, sorry, Gonzo,” Kermit said, “Tonight’s booked.”

“Hey, what about my act, Kermit?” Fozzie asked.

Kermit checked the schedule. “Uh, yes Fozzie, you’re on tonight.”

“Hey Boss?” Scooter said. “Pops wants me to tell you that we’ll need some more tickets for next week.”

“Alright, Scooter, put it on the list,” Kermit said. He looked around. It had suddenly gotten very crowded backstage. “Hey, has anyone seen Maggie lately?”

“Last I saw her, she was going into Miss Piggy’s dressing room,” Scooter said.

“Oh,” Kermit said, trying not to sound concerned. “Uh, it didn’t sound like anyone was arguing in there, did it?”

“Nope,” Scooter said. “It sounded like they were getting along fine.”

“Oh, good,” Kermit said. Suddenly he froze, and slowly turned around to face the dressing room door. “Oh no...”

“What’s wrong, Kerm?” Clifford asked, apparently having climbed down from the lights. “If they’re gettin’ along, doesn’t that mean Maggie’s stayin’ out of trouble?”

“Well yes,” Kermit said, turning to look at Clifford. “But in this case, if Maggie is not in trouble, I am.”

“What do you mean?” Gonzo asked.

WHAT?!?” they heard Miss Piggy shout from behind the dressing room door.

“That,” Kermit said nervously.

The door flew open and a furious Miss Piggy stormed out. Maggie was close behind, looking very smug. The Muppets all took a step or two away from Kermit as Miss Piggy came down the stairs. The last thing they wanted to do was get in the way. Maggie stopped at the foot of the stairs and leaned against the banister, ready to watch the fireworks.

KERMIT!” Miss Piggy shouted.

“Um, uh, hi Piggy,” Kermit said.

She towered over him. “You told your family that without make up I would have more warts than all of you combined?!?

Kermit gulped. “Well, I...” he said meekly, “I um, uh...”

“WELL???” She leaned towards him menacingly.

“Well, uh, um, you- you see Piggy, the thing is, um, well, uh, my- my family, see, uh, we- we don’t have, um, you know, uh, a lot of, uh- of warts, and uh-“

HIII-YA!!!

Kermit was tossed a few feet through the air before landing flat on his back.

Miss Piggy stormed back into her dressing room. Maggie put a hand over her mouth, trying to stifle her laughter. Kermit scrunched up his face and groggily reached up, grabbed the top of his desk, slowly pulled himself to his feet, turned, and glared at his sister.

Maggie could not contain herself any longer. She let out a tiny snicker. Then came a giggle. And finally, she laughed out loud.

Kermit folded his arms across his chest.

She was laughing so hard now that she had to sit down on the bottom step. Dressing room doors creaked open as curious Muppets came to see what was so funny.

Kermit tapped his foot and glared at Maggie as she continued to laugh. It was time to play his card.

“So. Maggie,” he said loudly. “Tell me. How is Croaker doing?”

Maggie nearly choked on her own laughter. She cleared her throat, and giggled nervously. “He um, uh...” she looked around, suddenly realizing that everyone who had been staring at Kermit was now staring at her. “Well he um, you know, he, uh...” her gaze shifted to the floor.

Now it was Kermit’s turn to look smug. “I’m listening,” he said.

Maggie cleared her throat again. “Well, he um, I... he... we, um, uh... I mean, he, um, well uh... I um, I mean he, uh, well um... we ah, um, that is, uh... well, um, he uh...” She looked at her feet, not wanting to admit that he had won. But she didn’t have any other choice. She sighed, and looked sheepishly up at him.

Kermit smiled and shook his head. “Truce?” he offered.

“For today,” she said with a grateful little smile.

He walked over to her and they shook hands on it. The crowd of Muppets almost immediately dispersed.

“I’ll get you tomorrow, Mit,” Maggie said.

“We’ll see about that, Mags,” Kermit said. “In the mean time, I’ve got a show to run.”

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Maggie came in and closed the door behind her. “Hi, Miss Piggy,” she said.
Oh, that Mag's is something of a tricky character, me thinks. *stiffleing laughter*

Gee-it's Good said:
Miss Piggy took the hand and shook it. This was going to be easier than she thought.
I think not darhling, Mags has you Just where she wants you.

Maggie had a devious twinkle in her eye. This was going to be easier than she thought. “Well,” she said with a smile, “That seems to depend on his mood...”
Mitty, baby, you better watch your back, lol

Tobe Together Again said:
“Yo Kerm!” Clifford called down from the lights. “We got any more hundred-Watt bulbs left?”
Excellent. A running gag. Something tells me that Clifford ain't never gunna fix that light.

I just can't imagine said:
“Hey, what about my act, Kermit?” Fozzie asked.

Kermit checked the schedule. “Uh, yes Fozzie, you’re on tonight.”
I like. I like how the Muppet show is working like any regular show. it's great!

That you've ever been gone said:
Suddenly he froze, and slowly turned around to face the dressing room door. “Oh no...”
Yes, kermit. Uh oh!

It's not starting over said:
WHAT?!?” they heard Miss Piggy shout from behind the dressing room door.
Poor Kermit. Somthing tells me that sister of his is a litle hot to handle.

It's just said:
“Well, uh, um, you- you see Piggy, the thing is, um, well, uh, my- my family, see, uh, we- we don’t have, um, you know, uh, a lot of, uh- of warts, and uh-“
Nice recovery...

going said:
HIII-YA!!!
Never mind...

On! said:
“So. Maggie,” he said loudly. “Tell me. How is Croaker doing?”
Now what is this all about...??? *wonders*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ha ha!!

That first ha was for your chapter Lisa, it was great.

The second ha was for Beau's quoting. Go read it guys...:big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I will comment on the chapter, but first I have to thank Beau for getting Together Again the song stuck in my head! Ok, now on to the chapter...

Maggie is an interesting little character, I'm loving her even if she's causing trouble for Kermit and Piggy. I want to know more about her and Croaker. Heck, I just want to know more about her!

Great chapter Lisa, keep it coming, I really like it.

Just J

Reaction score
I'm enjoying Maggie too. But of course I am, she's such an enjoyable character. I do hope she she is just impish but not truly bad? Because that would make me so sad if she's done something truly awful, and that's why she's come see Kermit.