Swamp Call

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<has devious look on face>

<realizes is spending too much time with Maggie, therefore being deviously influenced>

<...so that's why I haven't been finishing my homework... -I mean, what?>

<returns to devious look on face>

First of all. Beau, your quoting is awesome. Second of all. Clifford, fix the light? Why bother? -oh, I've definately been hanging out with Mags too much... Third of all. (third of all?) Yeah, um, about the whole... Maggie and Croaker thing... eh he he he... you'll see. Eventually. Fourth of all. (this is starting to sound ridiculous...) The reason for Maggie coming to visit. Heh. Well. You'll see.

When will you see? Well um... eventually. (Yes I hang out with my characters, yes I've been spending too much time with Maggie, yes the devious twinkle in her eye is now in mine...) Seriously, though. Unfortunately, I do not shed any further light on the reason for Maggie's visit or what's with her and Croaker in the next chapter. The chapter after the next chapter, on the other hand, is a great deal more revealing... At least, it should be... I haven't actually written it yet... I'm still waiting for a comedic ending for the next chapter to land in my lap... <shrug>

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love this story so far, Maggie is the much needed extra female influence the Muppets need, It would be a shame if you did not include her in any further stories you might come up with.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter four

The Electric Mayhem Bus pulled up in front of the Muppet Boarding house that evening, full of noisy Muppets, most of who were laughing. The doors opened and the Muppets started barreling out, hurrying into the house. Kermit and Maggie were among the last to get off the bus. Miss Piggy, who had been behind them, brushed past them and walked ahead quickly. Maggie stopped and turned to her brother, who was holding her suitcase.

“Hey Mit?” Maggie said. “She’s not gonna stay mad at you, is she?”

Kermit was watching Miss Piggy. He shrugged. “It’ll blow over,” he said. “It always does.”

“Yeah, we’d have problems if it didn’t,” Clifford said from behind them.

“It does, and we still have problems,” Kermit said.
Maggie was looking around. “So... this is where you live, huh Mit?”

“Yup, this is where I live,” Kermit said. He looked his sister in the eyes. “What do you think?”

Maggie kept looking around. “Well,” she said. “It’s not exactly the swamp.”

Kermit nodded. “Yeah,” he said. “It’s a lot different.”

Something caught her attention. “Hey Mit,” she said with a devious twinkle in her eye. “Race ya to that tree?”

Kermit looked at the tree, at her, back at the tree. He smiled, turned to Clifford, and held out the suitcase. “Hold this,” he said.

“Whoa, wait a second,” Clifford said as he took the suitcase. “What happened to the truce?”

Kermit and Maggie spoke in unison. “Doesn’t apply to races,” they both said. They looked at each other, surprised.

Clifford looked back and forth between them. “Oh... Kay,” he said.

The two frogs stood side by side, preparing to charge.

“Ready Mags?” Kermit said.

“Yup,” she said. “On your mark...”

“Get set...” he said.

“GO!” They both shouted as they bolted forward.

The few Muppets who were still outside turned around to watch as Maggie took the lead. As she ran, she shouted, “I’M STILL FASTER!”

“NO YOU’RE NOT!” He called as he ran past her.

Surprised, she hurried to catch up. They both ran full speed ahead, side-by-side for a moment, and touched the tree at the same time. They fell to the ground laughing, happy to ignore the visit’s purpose a little longer. The Muppets who had been watching either laughed or shook their heads and went inside.

“Alright,” Kermit said as he sat up. “Dinner should be soon. Let’s go inside.” He stood and walked towards Clifford to retrieve the suitcase.

Maggie lay in the grass for a moment before rolling to her feet. She watched as Kermit took the suitcase from Clifford. Clifford said something, and Kermit scrunched up his face. Clifford laughed, Kermit shook his head, and they walked back towards her.

“Mit?” she said when they got close enough. “Why do you spend so much time inside?”

“I don’t,” Kermit said. “You’ll see.” He put a hand on her back and guided her towards the house. Clifford let them walk ahead a few steps, watching Maggie from behind. Then he was quickly at her side. Kermit noticed. He guided his sister so that he switched places with her, and glared at Clifford. Clifford put his hands partway up, as if to say he was innocent. All the while, Maggie looked straight ahead, trying not to laugh. Once they were on the porch, Kermit took a couple steps ahead and opened the door.

“Ladies first,” he said as he ushered his sister in. Maggie shook her head as she walked inside. Clifford tried to walk a little closer to Maggie on the way through the door. Kermit cut in front of him, and gave him a warning look over his shoulder.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Maggie hesitantly poked at the food on her plate, remembering all the strange noises that had come from the kitchen. “Are you sure this is edible?” she asked.

“Well,” Scooter said, “Is it talking?”

“No...” Maggie said.

“Is it blowing up?” Fozzie asked.

“No...”

“Does it look like it could have come off of anyone or anything sitting at this table?” Rowlf asked.

Maggie looked up and down the long table. “Not really.”

Scooter, Fozzie, and Rowlf looked at each other. “It’s edible,” they said, and they went back to eating.

After dinner, Kermit and Maggie went outside and sat on the porch swing.

“That was the strangest dinner I’ve ever had,” Maggie said.

Kermit shrugged. “It was one of the more normal ones for me.”

“You’re telling me it’s normal for someone to try to eat the table?” Maggie asked skeptically.

“Sure,” Kermit said. “If that someone is Animal.”

Maggie shook her head. “Mit, you’ve gotta be crazy,” she said. Kermit just shrugged.

Robin came outside. “Hi Uncle Kermit! Hi Aunt Maggie!”

“Hi Robin,” Kermit said.

“Hey,” Maggie said.

Robin climbed onto the swing and sat in between them.

Kermit looked at his sister. “How’s Jimmy?” he asked.

Robin looked up anxiously at his aunt. Maggie smiled at the small frog. “He’s good,” she said. Robin relaxed a little, but he continued to look at his aunt.

“And Leaper?” Kermit asked.

“She’s good too,” Maggie said. “She’s been busy, but I think she’s happy that way.” Kermit nodded. Robin leaned back in the porch swing, glad to hear that his parents were doing well. Then he sat up again.

“What about Bobby, and Kim, and Susie, and Toby, and Louis, and Jen, and Nadine, and Paul, and Missy, and Howard, and Julie, and John, and Phillip, and Rebecca, and Cara, and Tyler, and Brandy, and Will, and Ellie, and Sara, and Jason, and Elizabeth, and-“

“They’re fine, Robin,” Maggie laughed. “All your brothers and sisters are happy and healthy and all of them say hello, except for Howard who was still asleep when I left.”

Robin sat back in the porch swing, content.

Rowlf poked his head out the door and looked around. “Is this area restricted to frogs tonight?” he joked, “Or are other species still welcome?”

Kermit laughed. “Come on out,” he said.

Rowlf, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Camilla, Pepe, and Scooter all came outside. Miss Piggy sat down next to Kermit. Gonzo and Camilla sat on the porch, and the others perched themselves on the railing.

Pepe had noticed a space between Maggie and the swing’s armrest just big enough for him to fit. He went to sit there, but Maggie moved her hand and blocked the space. So he went to sit on the armrest, but she put her arm there, and moved over just enough to the right that he couldn’t try the seat again. He sighed, and sat on the railing with the others. Kermit gave him a warning glance, and then looked around at the general crowd.

“Let me guess,” he said. “Sam is lecturing the band again?”

“Yeah,” Gonzo said. “And Rizzo’s arguing with the Chef over refrigerator rights again.”

Kermit turned and looked at the door, concerned.

“Hilda’s taking care of that,” Rowlf said. Kermit relaxed a little.

“So what did you think of the show, Maggie?” Scooter asked.

“Was I funny?” Fozzie asked.

“Did you like the song I played?” Rowlf asked.

“Do jou think I’m sexy, okay?” Pepe asked.

“Do you like stunts?” Gonzo asked. “I’ve got this great idea for a new stunt...”

“How long will vous be staying, Maggie?” Miss Piggy asked.

“Slow down!” Maggie laughed. “Please, one at a time, I can’t think that fast! Mit, are they always this bad?”

Kermit smiled at his sister. “You should see them when they’re upset.”

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I laughed so terribly hard at that last line I almost fell out of my chair!

I loved this chapter Lisa! The dinner scene, and the porch scene and the race, it was all great!:big_grin:

MORE:halo: please...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is just classic Muppet stuff! I loved the dialogue between all the various Muppets and Maggie while they're sitting outside. I love the brother/sister interaction that Kermit and Maggie have! I love how all the guys are attracted to her! It's just so funny! Keep it coming, please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well... by "it," do you mean the actual plot, or the light happy comedy it seems to basically consist of thus far? I mean, I try to keep both of them throughout the whole story, but there are certain chapters where one or the other must be sort of left out. And the next chapter just so happens to be such a chapter. Oh, I'll continue to post the story, but I thought I might warn you...

Oh, and references? Check out Robin's list of names in this past chapter. Bobby is my cousin, Kim is his wife. Susie is another cousin's nickname, Toby is her fiance. Louis is another cousin, Jen is his wife. Nadine is another cousin, Paul is her boyfriend. Missy is another cousin, Howard is her husband. Julie is another cousin, John is her husband. Phillip, Rebecca, Cara, Tyler, all my cousins. So is Will and his little sister Ellie, who happens to have a twin named Maggie. Now Sara on the other hand is my sister, Jason is her boyfriend, and Elizabeth is my other sister. And yes, there's even a reason I chose Howard to be the one who was still asleep when Maggie left- I haven't seen him since they got married, which happened to be at least 13 years ago. Of course I've never even met John, but that's a different scenario... why am I giving my family's history? Oh. Um... yeah. I should definately be asleep right now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
“It does, and we still have problems...”

“Doesn’t apply to races...”

“Why do you spend so much time inside?”

“It’s edible...”

So many light and sparkling twinkleing pieces of freash dialougue! And I know that htat is just setting us up for a slam-dunk in the Complication section of the story after the Exposition.

Thanks for the references to my fan-fic! Jimmy, Leaper. I like!

Over all this fan-fic takes my breath away. If the next Muppet Movie was like this, I'd definatly smile.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:

Maggie hesitantly poked at the food on her plate, remembering all the strange noises that had come from the kitchen. “Are you sure this is edible?” she asked.

“Well,” Scooter said, “Is it talking?”

“No...” Maggie said.

“Is it blowing up?” Fozzie asked.

“No...”

“Does it look like it could have come off of anyone or anything sitting at this table?” Rowlf asked.

Maggie looked up and down the long table. “Not really.”

Scooter, Fozzie, and Rowlf looked at each other. “It’s edible,” they said, and they went back to eating.

*laughs* Now that...was good.

*wonders what the reason for Maggie's visit is* Problems between her and Croaker, perhaps?

-Kim

Just J

Reaction score
Yes, the dialogue is wonderful in this chapter - and I suspect, the lightness and happiness here will serve to stand in contrast to future sadness.