Swine Flu...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Today I looked at the news and there were constant images of people wearing surgical masks. Looks like the pandemic is still spreading a little...but only a little (for now). Any MCers from Mexico out there? Hope you're all OK. Same goes for MCers (and Tough Pigs members) in other places where cases have happened.

I just heard on the radio that one way to keep your immune system up (besides lots of hand sanitizer) is to get lots of Vitamin C. Time to stock up on oranges.

Apparently, I've also noticed that someone else is upset over the Swine Flu for a different reason... (following the little speech).

Stay safe, everyone. Until this is over, everybody follow Boober's advice and be careful of germs, OK? Oh, and check this out.

Convincing John

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, I was shocked to hear about swine flu, and so was my mum. So much that tomorrow she's making me get an injection fer... something, which also prevents it apparently. :confused:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope I don't get this, but my immune system is surprisingly tougher than myself and I rarely get sick.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is scary, I do pray for the people of Mexico and hope it gets contained soon. I'm definitely going to wash my hands a bit more. You don't realize how much germs can be spread. People sneeze and then they touch doorknobs, or the "1" on an elevator. So be very careful!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a little afraid. I have a poopy immune system so I can get sick rather easily. I do make sure I wash my hands a lot (or use wipes) and I'm avoiding people who are coughing and such.

There's only one supposed case here in Michigan, so I guess I don't need to panic just yet.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Being a California native I am really worried:frown:. We are so near that if it gets really bad it could be so much worst than that little pocket of people that went back to NY :confused:
It really does make me all Boober-y...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lemme just say the government is completely idiotic not to have these people under quarantine. I hate to say that Russia has a good idea, but these kinds of people go places, no matter how sick they are. The worst part is there's something I'm looking forward to doing at the end of next month... and when the cases double each and every single day, I'm starting to go into a blind panic.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'm normally pretty paranoid about germs, and it's usually an overreaction but it can come in handy in a real crisis. As Boober found out in "Marooned." :wink:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
LOL, yeah really :smile: If Boober was here I think he'd freak out and seal himself off or something.

The news isn't helping, I was watching tonight and they were reporting hundreds more in the US being sick. There's millions of us but they still manage to make it sound like we're all doomed :embarrassed:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I live across the river from 45 of the cases, so of course everyone's a little on alert around here.

But they're urging people to stay calm and just practice good health habits. Wash your hands, don't sneeze on people, stay home when you're sick, that kind of thing.