Tales of Muppetland!

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderella, um, how good are they?? Real classics.:smile: I thought we should make a thread about them. Y'know... discuss our fave Tale of muppetland, fave characters, fave moments, stuff like that.

Well, i can't decide on my favorite. Maybe the Muppet Musicians? I remember when i first got it on video. I just loved the music and the different characters, and the timeless humour.

Anyway, what about you guys?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
The last time I saw The Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella was when I was pretty little, so I don't remember much, but I do remember that I loved them. I don't know if I've ever seen Muppet Musicians of Bremen, though.

They really need to put them out on DVD.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was little, I used to have all three. Unfortunately, Hey, Cinderella and The Musicians of Bremen got lost at some point (grrr that still makes me sad).

I still have The Frog Prince though. It's a funny look at the fairy tale. I like all of Kermit's frog friends. Same with Hey, Cinderella, it's fun watching the fairy godmother's many many attempts at turning a pumpkin into a coach. And Kermit has some nice moments. Back when he was a little more fun loving and cheeky.

"No way lady! You're not turning me into no coachman, I like being a frog! It's all I know." :smile:

I was fortunate enough to see The Musicians of Bremen recently. It's very inspirational. It's nice to see all the poor mistreated animals come together and become a family.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if they'd put them on DVD. I almost got as copy of Bremen on DVD a year or two ago (copied from the old 80's tape), but the guy was a crook and it didn't work out.

aimeram

Reaction score
I miss these. I've never seen The Musicians of Bremen, but I have seen Hey Cinderella and The Frog Prince. My grandmother had The Frog Prince on taped off of some television broadcast, but I can't find it.
I agree that these need to be out on DVD, and I'd buy them or have someone get them for me in a heartbeat.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
aimeram said:
I agree that these need to be out on DVD, and I'd buy them or have someone get them for me in a heartbeat.

I saw the Hey Cinderella dvd (or vhs I can't remember) at Blockbuster. So maybe you could search at your local store.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
musta been a vhs

yeah! it must have been a VHS, I have the old 1993 release's that Disney put out on VHS back when it was the "Jim Henson Video" label, funny how the other 2 came out on VHS but NOT Muppet Musicians of Bremen and plus Disney HASN'T released any Muppetland shows on dvd... as of yet! :smirk:

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Oh My!!!

I didn't realize those films were still so hard to find. YOU POOR THINGS! My sister bought me The Muppet Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella on VHS in the 90's. I think she found them at a dollar general store in NY. I recently put my old recorded version of Muppets Musicians of Bremen on DVD. Those are so classic! They need to release them! I just realized that the woman who plays Cinderella in Hey Cinderella was Doogie Howser’s mom! I think it was the first thing she was ever in! :smile:

“Featherstone, is that carriage being pulled by a purple shaggy monster....and is that a frog driving it?”