Taz-Mania! It's about freaking time!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd think Martin Short's star power would get that thing a real, proper release... but then again, Warner Archives manages to at least get some of these obscure HB shows out there for better or worse. I don't see why we need Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids (the cartoon that focuses on an obvious ripoff of David Cassidy that has nothing to do with the movie, which would have been a better, or at least watchable cartoon had it) digitally preserved for all prosperity.

Also, you'd think Namco/Bandai would get Warners to release Pac-Man for general retail. Shout managed to get almost every Nintendo and Sonic based cartoon out there. The rights for Saturday Supercade are a mess and a company has perpetual rights to not release Donkey Kong Country.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Taz-Mania was becoming a forgotten show. So happy that it's coming out on DVD and that Rob Paulsen brought it up on his show recently on his podcast. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never quite understood why Warner Bros was having trouble releasing the 2 shows with the characters they overmerchandise the most, Taz and Tweety. We got that one first season of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries on DVD and nothing about Taz-Mania since VHS. Seriously, Taz and Tweety are the only characters that really matter for marketing purposes, with the exception of not at all a Looney Tunes character, Scooby-Doo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is good news. I'm excited.

I read on the Toonzone forums that the episodes are presented in chronological order, and somebody said something that I hadn't known until now: The entire series was produced in one production season, yet was split into four seperate broadcast seasons. That's interesting to know. That explains why some of the characters featured in the opening only appear in one or two episodes in the first season, and why the first season only has two episodes involving the hotel (plus one additional episode with Mr. Thickley and one additional episode with Constance). That is odd, since the hotel was supposed to be one of three main settings and the show had the format of two short episodes per half-hour (to be fair the first two hotel episodes both lasted the full half-hour). I recall seeing a full episode guide and it seems like the hotel episodes were spread out far apart at first.

Considering they were all made in one production run it's weird that the show is advertised as "Season one, part 1" (or volume 1, or whatever). I think it could have just been called "Volume 1" (makes me wonder if all sets, if we end up getting the whole series, would be labled "Season 1 part X").

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think they probably are doing the 'Season 1: Part 1' thing to gauge how this is going to sell. If it doesn't sell well, they probably won't release part 2 or any subsequent seasons. They have done that with other shows but hopefully, they release it all at some point. That was a good show, I hadn't seen it in a while though.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
13 episode collections are, unfortunately, the best compromise. Fans would buy big sets of 26 or more episodes, but somehow the studios want to release 5 episodes for 15 dollar kiddy DVD's because somehow they sell eventually when they hit 5 bucks. That said, with Warner Bros, a LOT of their TV show seasons were 13 episodes each. The Batman and Teen Titans were, and those eventually had full seasons that only consisted of those 13 episodes.