Taz-Mania

Xerus

Reaction score
I always liked the episodes where they went behind the scenes. We learn that Taz can actually speak properly and only growls and speaks gibberish when he's on camera. The Platypus Brothers actually have normal sounding voices when off camera, with Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche doing their regular voices. And Willie Wombat kept going behind the scenes a few times still trying to find his place on the show.

And I thought Buddy Boar's story was interesting. He started out playing Taz's best friend in seasons 1 and 2, but it turned out nobody liked Buddy as an actor, so they made him a director on the show.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Has there been any news about this ever getting a boxset? I started wondering about it when my mind went to where the rest of the Tiny Toon Adventutes sets (and movie) are at lately :\

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that there's going to be (maybe is, not sure) as single-disc release in Austrailia. I hope the series gets released in any form in the U.S. (as long as we get a good balance of episodes involving the family, hotel, and outback, and get episodes with as many main characters as possible).

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's really funny and fitting that Austrailia would be the one that gets it :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I loved Taz-Mania as a kid. I have a VHS tape of some episodes somewhere. I've also got the Sega Game Gear video game based on the cartoon too, for that matter. Definitely one of Warner Brothers' best series based on the classic Looney Tunes characters (after Tiny Toon Adventures of course.) The early '90s was a pretty good time for Looney Tunes- you could still see the classic shorts on ABC at that time ("The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show") and there were cartoons like "Tiny Toon Adventures", "Animaniacs" (and spin-offs "Pinky and the Brain" and the short-lived "Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain"- hahaha- that was an awesome combo!) and "The Slyvester and Tweety Mysteries". I watched all of them at some point. I can't believe it took until the early 2000s to get a "Duck Dodgers" cartoon going- but that was definitely a good series too. They've done pretty well with most all their cartoon series- "Loonatics Unleashed" and "Baby Looney Tunes" notwithstanding.
We'll have to see how this new Looney Tunes cartoon forthcoming fares.:big_grin::smile::crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the majority of the series has been posted on youtube again (hopefully it won't be taken down anytime soon, at least not until the show gets an official US release). It looks like a few different users have uploaded episodes, and looks like every episode was uploaded (I could be wrong).