Taz-Mania

Yorick

Reaction score
The creators aren't even the selfish ones. It's the big fat bloated greedy entertainment conglomerates
It was good of you to point that out. I agree with your whole post, just as much as that quote from the Sugar Bear poster. When they said "...they are not being shown anywhere else because the creators are being selfish, and that is the REAL crime, in my opinion." perhaps they meant for that to also include the conglomerates who gobble the shows up and lock them away forever. But whoever it is, we can all agree that anyone who stands in the way of the people seeing these out of print shows are indeed the ones commiting the real crime, and I thought that quote perfectly explained how I felt about it. Your post does too, especially the part about the worthless reality shows. Most of those have absoluely no soul, and it's sad.:concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The REAL thing that bugs me is that these same companies are apparently stymied and ineffectual when it comes to people actually SELLING bootlegged "Complete series" for money online.

Warner Bros has been doing good up until recently with its older cartoons, sure Animainacs Volume 4 is mysteriously delayed, but they at least tried to dig deep into their 90's resources. They even gave us Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries. Now it seems they just want to focus on the DC line even MORE, and no S&TM titles have been announced.

Yorick

Reaction score
How about the Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And in case it's removed, here's what they wrote on that link:
"YouTube has been deleting a lot of videos because of claims of "copyright infringement". I ask you, HOW does it serve the public good when a video is deliberately prevented from being seen by anyone ever again? It's one thing if you are trying to make money from your own commercial releases and don't want it to be pirated, but in many cases, these videos AREN'T released in ANY commercial form (such as the "Star Wars Holiday Special") and it seems they deliberately just want to block you from ever seeing what they don't want you to see. Why? Who knows, but it seems to be pretty spiteful and selfish.
I don't think Warner wants to block Taz-Mania from the fans. It was on Warner's in2tv site. I saw an online chat with somebody at warner home video who answered a question about whether Taz-Mania and a few other shows would get a DVD release, and he said it would depend on sales of a few of the DVD sets being released around that time (which included Tiny Toons and I forget what else).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think they're trying to block it either, just... they don't think it would be profitable to sell, and they don't have anywhere to put it, since they refuse to put cartoons on Cartoon Network anymore.

And the thing that bothers me is that WB kept pledging that they'd have this massive huge cartoon super site where you can watch every cartoon they ever made, even obscure ones... and I doubt it ever even happened.

They SERIOUSLY need to fire the mook that they have running the animation department. They clearly don't know a cartoon from a hole in the ground.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Hi y'all! What's all goin on in this side? I have vague memories of a show called this yearrrs ago when I was very little, probably around the same time I got mint Taz toothpaste:big_grin:, there were a bunch of lonney toon toothpastes including a Bugs Bunny one as I recall but I think they suddenly went at one point which made me sad, I don't think i rly remember much about this show just a fast-paced theme tune and that it wasn't great but I rly don't remember anything much.:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
IAnd the thing that bothers me is that WB kept pledging that they'd have this massive huge cartoon super site where you can watch every cartoon they ever made, even obscure ones... and I doubt it ever even happened.
I don't remember hearing about this, and yet it sounds so familiar. But even if it were true (and since it's WB who announced it I'd believe it when I see it), I doubt that EVERY cartoon from the company would be included. ::COUGH::coalblackanddesebbendwarves::COUGH::bugsbunnynipsthenips::COUGH::

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hi y'all! What's all goin on in this side? I have vague memories of a show called this yearrrs ago when I was very little, probably around the same time I got mint Taz toothpaste:big_grin:, there were a bunch of lonney toon toothpastes including a Bugs Bunny one as I recall but I think they suddenly went at one point which made me sad, I don't think i rly remember much about this show just a fast-paced theme tune and that it wasn't great but I rly don't remember anything much.:confused:
The theme song was fast-paced, and it featured appearances and name mentions of almost every character from the first season. The show starred the Tasmanian Devil and had a large cast of characters. There were three basic kinds of / settings -- Taz and his family, Taz at work, and Taz in the outback. Some episodes mixed these formulas, and some included a bit of all three (examples include Devil of a Job and No Time for Christmas)

The supporting characters included:
  • Hugh - Taz's father, based on Bing Crosby.
  • Jean - Taz's mother.
  • Molly - Taz's sister.
  • Jake - Taz's brother.
  • Dog the Turtlle - the family turtle, who acts like a dog.
  • Bushwacker Bob - Taz's loudmouhted, tempermental boss at the Hotel Tasmania.
  • Mum - Bob's mother who ran the hotel.
  • Mr. Thickly - a know-it-all wallaby tour guide at the hotel.
  • Constance - A koala who worked as the hotel maid.
  • Timothy and Daniel Platypus - Twin brother handymen (or handy ducks?) who often had Taz test out their inventions.
  • Didgeri Dingo - A dog who took advantage of Taz, who thought of Dingo as his friend.
  • Francis X. Bushlad - A boy who had chosen to slay a tasmanian devil as his rite of manhood.
  • Bull Gator and Axyl - Alligators who ran a zoo and wanted to capture a tasmanian devil for the children at the zoo to enjoy.
  • Buddy Boar - Taz's best friend, a pig who acts like a hollywood actor.
  • Wendell T. Wolf - based on Woosy Allen, Wendell is believed to be the last tasmanian wolf and clings to Taz, seeing him a s aprotector, and he's the oen creature who Taz an't stand to eat, always spitting him out in disgust.
  • The Bushrats - A tribe of german-speaking rats.
  • The Kiwi - A small yellow bird who Taz often tries to catch and eat.
  • Willie Wombat - a character who appeared in later seasons. His episodes usually start out as parodies of the old Bugs and Taz cartoons, but in many appearances he tries to prevent himself from being a Bugs Bunny ripoff.

And there is also Francis X. Bushlads father. Don't think he had a name, and he usually only appeared a tthe beginning and end of Francis X. Bushlad episodes. Some of the characters (such as Wendell, the kiwi, and the bushrats) were seen less than others despite being featured in the show opening.

Many episodes were basically parodies of classic WB shorts or types of shorts. The Kiwi was based off The Road Runer, and in his first appearance it's said that he's actually faster than the Road Runner. Classic WB characters Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosimite Sam (I think only in voice-over), Marvin the Martian, Foghorn Leghorn, and Sam Sheepdog all made appearances on the show, usually in cameos.

Fluffets

Reaction score
The theme song was fast-paced, and it featured appearances and name mentions of almost every character from the first season. The show starred the Tasmanian Devil and had a large cast of characters. There were three basic kinds of / settings -- Taz and his family, Taz at work, and Taz in the outback. Some episodes mixed these formulas, and some included a bit of all three (examples include Devil of a Job and No Time for Christmas)

The supporting characters included:
  • Hugh - Taz's father, based on Bing Crosby.
  • Jean - Taz's mother.
  • Molly - Taz's sister.
  • Jake - Taz's brother.
  • Dog the Turtlle - the family turtle, who acts like a dog.
  • Bushwacker Bob - Taz's loudmouhted, tempermental boss at the Hotel Tasmania.
  • Mum - Bob's mother who ran the hotel.
  • Mr. Thickly - a know-it-all wallaby tour guide at the hotel.
  • Constance - A koala who worked as the hotel maid.
  • Timothy and Daniel Platypus - Twin brother handymen (or handy ducks?) who often had Taz test out their inventions.
  • Didgeri Dingo - A dog who took advantage of Taz, who thought of Dingo as his friend.
  • Francis X. Bushlad - A boy who had chosen to slay a tasmanian devil as his rite of manhood.
  • Bull Gator and Axyl - Alligators who ran a zoo and wanted to capture a tasmanian devil for the children at the zoo to enjoy.
  • Buddy Boar - Taz's best friend, a pig who acts like a hollywood actor.
  • Wendell T. Wolf - based on Woosy Allen, Wendell is believed to be the last tasmanian wolf and clings to Taz, seeing him a s aprotector, and he's the oen creature who Taz an't stand to eat, always spitting him out in disgust.
  • The Bushrats - A tribe of german-speaking rats.
  • The Kiwi - A small yellow bird who Taz often tries to catch and eat.
  • Willie Wombat - a character who appeared in later seasons. His episodes usually start out as parodies of the old Bugs and Taz cartoons, but in many appearances he tries to prevent himself from being a Bugs Bunny ripoff.
And there is also Francis X. Bushlads father. Don't think he had a name, and he usually only appeared a tthe beginning and end of Francis X. Bushlad episodes. Some of the characters (such as Wendell, the kiwi, and the bushrats) were seen less than others despite being featured in the show opening.

Many episodes were basically parodies of classic WB shorts or types of shorts. The Kiwi was based off The Road Runer, and in his first appearance it's said that he's actually faster than the Road Runner. Classic WB characters Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosimite Sam (I think only in voice-over), Marvin the Martian, Foghorn Leghorn, and Sam Sheepdog all made appearances on the show, usually in cameos.
Actually this show does sound quite cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PuKM-oZxLk
But my memories were very vague and I dunno whether I watched it much.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read at wikipedia that in one episode it was revealed that Axyl wasn't really stupid, by contrast beign well-educated, but had chosen to be a stupid sidekick... Anybody know what episode this was?