TBOTMS vs. Season Sets

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Myself personally, i would copy the things exclusive to TBOTMS (like the Brian intros, special features) - including the Vincent Price episode to another disc and get rid of the individual TBOTMS dvd's as their respective episodes have come out on the season sets (which shouldn't be a lot since most of them had a good mix of episodes from early/late seasons). There's no guarantee any of the season 4/5 eps won't be cut in some way when they get their box set release so hold onto those to be safe.
That's what I'd do. Then again, it all depends on the person. I sold my Fraggle single-disc DVD's once all the season sets came out. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my TBOTMS VHS's once all the season sets come out but DW's idea sounds best.

Dearth

Reaction score
The Elton John episode has a new sketch in it, though I haven't seen it yet.
I went through the listings for every episode on the Muppet Wiki the other day and made myself a checklist of their listed Edits.

Yeah, the Elton John episode on the Season 2 boxed set mysteriously contains an additional skit... Fozzie and Rowlf's piano duet "English Country Garden", which is originally from episode 218, Jaye P. Morgan.

[Rowlf: "Can you play hatless?"]

I'm also going to try to track down bootleg copies of the original broadcast versions of the following episodes, which had songs or skits deleted when they were included on the Season One boxed set:

103 Joel Grey
106 Jim Nabors
108 Paul Williams
109 Charles Aznavour
119 Vincent Price (for the "Guy Lombardo" joke as heard in USA)

And last night on Amazon, I found a DVD copy of Vol. 5 of Best of the Muppet Show (Alice Cooper/Vincent Price/Marty Feldman)for about $12 shipped, which sounded like a great price.

I awoke this morning to a cancellation email. The seller didn't realize he had listed the same item twice, and he no longer had it in stock. Grrrr.

Dearth

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm also going to try to track down bootleg copies of the original broadcast versions of the following episodes, which had songs or skits deleted when they were included on the Season One boxed set:

103 Joel Grey
106 Jim Nabors
108 Paul Williams
109 Charles Aznavour
119 Vincent Price (for the "Guy Lombardo" joke as heard in USA)

And last night on Amazon, I found a DVD copy of Vol. 5 of Best of the Muppet Show (Alice Cooper/Vincent Price/Marty Feldman)for about $12 shipped, which sounded like a great price.

I awoke this morning to a cancellation email. The seller didn't realize he had listed the same item twice, and he no longer had it in stock. Grrrr.

Dearth
Unfortunately, that's the only episode on your list that you can get unedited in an official format.

Before the complete Season One was ever announced, I traded for those episodes. I was glad I did when I saw that Season One was edited... though I still bought it. Gotta support my Muppets!