Technically Speaking....

christyb

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many people are labeled (like me) "I love my computer but I abuse the crap outta it!" You see I accidentally dropped my Macbook on concrete (zipper on my backpack gave out), it's scratched, dinged, sticky from coffee syrups, you name it. I love my machine but I treat it terribly. Anybody else do this? And yes this is a pointless thread. Oh yeah and more tech stuff. I went to sign up for Yahoo Messenger today (finally gave in) and realized something...someone already had my ID name...which is my full real name. So I started wondering and typed in my general password and guess what....it's an old email of mine from way back when. I really should write these things down...and stop posting pointless threads. So c'mon guys confess...someone has to be abusive to computers. I can't be the only one!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, my notebook froze up on me and the people and best buy tell me that I need a new hard drive, but they can't fix it or give me the parts sense I did not buy it from them! I loved that thing!:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I try to treat all of my electronic goods with as much TLC as I can!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Me too! I getting my Notebook fixed and upgraded today and I'm so happy about that!:excited: It'll be awile however.:sleep:

anytimepally

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I try to treat all of my electronic goods with as much TLC as I can!
me too! :smile: .. although my computer has been having troubles lately anyway.. but as long as it starts, I'm not going to be too concerned about it

christyb

Reaction score
I try also, but I seem to be accident prone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
christyb said:
I try also, but I seem to be accident prone.
I AM accident prone, but not when it comes to things like this, I'm more prone to accidents like tripping, slipping, falling and things like that.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I loved my old laptop to death but treated it horribly.

My new one, which I'm using now, I treat a lot better. The screen may be a bit dirty but at least I haven't dropped it a gazillion times!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Physically I treat my computer like gold, but I download so much crap that if it weren't for virus protection, I'd be screwed. I've actually lost three computers to viruses, but now that I have my new G4 Mac Powerbook, I take care of it mechanically as well, mainly because I coughed up all the dough up front. It's different when you only pay a little each month, it doesn't seem as bad, but when you just toss a huge chunk a change for something, you feel more protective of it.

christyb

Reaction score
I know, I should be better. I take my machine everywhere and work on things constantly...hence the sticky spots or slight grease (trust me my real life friends are amazed at this thing) what can I say? My Macbook Pro is living proof of the quality of Apple products. So between me being accident prone and having to work whenever and wherever I have internet access. Accidents happen and I tend to be abusive.