Technically Speaking....

anytimepally

Reaction score
It's different when you only pay a little each month, it doesn't seem as bad, but when you just toss a huge chunk a change for something, you feel more protective of it.
that is so true! .. the computer I have now, I built myself, so not only was there a huge chunk of chnage, but there's a lot of labor and time invested in it as well, so I feel even more protective of it

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, what are your specs, anytimepally? My brother-in-law built his own machine and a couple friends of mine have done the same and they always create the mega beasts of machines.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Wow, what are your specs, anytimepally? My brother-in-law built his own machine and a couple friends of mine have done the same and they always create the mega beasts of machines.
that's always the temptation when building your own, and I certainly did that :big_grin: .. of course, it's a little over a year old now, so it's not as awesome as it was when I built it, but it's not bad, either

specs:
Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3GHz processor on an ASUS Socket 478 Motherboard with Hyperthreading Technology
2 GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz (PC2-6400) Dual Channel Memory
2 - 200 GB Serial ATA Hard Drives
DL DVD-/+RW Drive
DVD/CD-RW Drive
9600 PRO 256MB AGP 8x Video Card, w/ DVI, TV-Out, VGA.
24-bit, 96 kHz, 7.1ch Sound Card

all crammed into this case (about 14 inches long and 9 inches tall and 11 inches wide): http://images.grosbill.com/imagesproduitnew/viewimggallery.php?idpics=11206#

it cost just a shade over $1000 to put together, but I've since added a wireless, left-handed keyboard/mouse and a 19" widescreen monitor.. I like it, though I'm not sure I would get a case this small in the future.. I had a really hard time connecting the Front USB ports because there's so little space to work with.. but I got 'em eventually and I haven't had any major problems with it so far.. (crossing fingers).. but it only has to last me until I get out of law school :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
Not bad? That's pretty nice if you ask me. I wouldn't mind playing around on that thing. :smile: