Tell me about the last episode "Change of Address"

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
hiya, sorry to be painful, but could someone give me a detailed rundown of the last episode of fraggle rock and what actually led to all the characters meeting each other..? ive looked at episode guides, but im not getting the info i really want.
thanks, this will be much appreciated.
:halo:

Erine81981

Reaction score
well this what I can remember Doc and Sproket have to move because they've got another job from some guy So they move but before they leave they leave a tape recorder w/ some sayings to the fraggles and its the saddest thing to hear. Well they get to the place and they find a box sitting front of the wall. They think maybe there might be a hole behind but come to think of it there isn't but the fraggles end up finding some cave they've never seen so they explore it and find some hole w/ something in front of it and they push it finding out it a hole that lead to the other work place where Sproket and Doc r. Can't remember what happens after that but thats how i recall it there might be more. Hope this helps.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this episode, then don't read what's below, unless you don't mind spoilers as explicit as this.

In the episode before this one, Doc and Sprocket learned that Ned Shimmelfinny must move to the desert for his health. So, naturally, Doc tells Sprocket that they must follow him. While they prepare to move, Doc leaves things at the hole for the Fraggles to find. Doc really wants to see Gobo again, and when he does, he offers to take Gobo along with them, but Gobo balks at this chance and runs away, regretting it later on.

Gobo visits the Trash Heap and tells her of the painful decision he made too quickly, but she reassures him that YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE MAGIC. With this in mind, Gobo and his friends rush to the workshop, only to find that Doc and Sprocket have already left. But they also find a tape machine with a picture on it instructing Gobo what to do with it. Gobo plays the tape, and he and his friends listen to Doc's farewell message.

Meanwhile, Doc and Sprocket have arrived at their new desert location and sat down, overwhelmed at the experience they've just had. Then Doc reminisces about when he and Sprocket first moved into the old building that later became a workshop, and how they moved that box from against the wall and found that hole. Doc wonders if that'll happen again when he sees a box against this new wall. They give it a nudge, and find nothing behind it - no hole, no nothing.

Back in the Rock, the Fraggles are depressed that they didn't meet Doc, but Gobo restates that you cannot leave the magic, meaning he could not leave his home. Then they hear some music. They follow their ears, and come across a bright tunnel they've never seen, as they hear a chorus of voices sing "Magic Be With You". They move down the tunnel, farther and farther ...

Back at the desert home, Doc has just been inspired: he believes that if little furry creatures can live behind a hole, then anything's possible, and that everything and everyone is magical. Then they hear a nudge, and from behind the box against the wall, Gobo appears from out of a newly-formed hole in the wall, and finally gets the Trash Heap's message across. The end theme is performed by all the show's characters, with Doc and Sprocket at the very end. The final caption after the credits reads "This Show Is For Don Sahlin".

Now that's as explicit as you can get.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
oooohhh.....so do we think this is symbolic of something? like, is the message that magic is everywhere, or magic is just in our imaginations...? the reason i ask is that when doc moved to the desert, it must have been a really long way from his old workshop, and for the fraggles to suddenly arrive there, could he have just conjured them up in his own mind?? or was that long tunnell they followed actually that long that it took them to the desert...? i cant beleive i never saw this episode, you cant rely on australian television stations, they begin a season of one show and sometimes they just never finish it..:cry:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
the reason i ask is that when doc moved to the desert, it must have been a really long way from his old workshop, and for the fraggles to suddenly arrive there, could he have just conjured them up in his own mind?? or was that long tunnell they followed actually that long that it took them to the desert...?
I always wondered that. Being the fraggles are so small, to be able to walk to the desert would be quite a hike for them. The desert would have to be a substancial distance from the workshop to justify Doc having to move. So for the small fraggles to get there that quick would be almost impossible. I think the whole- Fraggle universe is in our hearts and imaginations. (Could the huge Gorgs really live in a tiny wall unnoticed by the human world?) They are not physically real. If they were I think Uncle Matt would have been captured and put in a zoo walking around our world so freely (as I recall kids did see him though). I think if you belive in the magic and keep it in your hearts you can see the Fraggles and they will always be with you.

Wembley

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
oooohhh.....so do we think this is symbolic of something? like, is the message that magic is everywhere, or magic is just in our imaginations...? the reason i ask is that when doc moved to the desert, it must have been a really long way from his old workshop, and for the fraggles to suddenly arrive there, could he have just conjured them up in his own mind?? or was that long tunnell they followed actually that long that it took them to the desert...? i cant beleive i never saw this episode, you cant rely on australian television stations, they begin a season of one show and sometimes they just never finish it..:cry:

I would love to see the "final" Fraggle episodes from other countries. Since the Doc segments were customized to the country they were in (in France, Doc was a chef, in Germany, Doc was in inventor, but the workshop was different etc.) I wonder how the final three episodes were handled.

In order to really get a feeling of the closure of Fraggle Rock, you really ought to watch the final three episodes, _The Gorg Who Would Be King_, _Honk of Honks_, and _Change of Address_. They all tie in, and really show how the Fraggles, Doozers, Gorgs, and Silly Creatures were all a part of each other's worlds.

Of course, I would hope that we might see a new series or movie done about Fraggle Rock - lots of 80s cartoons are making comebacks as movies or new series - such as Garfield, Inspector Gadget, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Cat in the Hat, etc. The way the series was ended kinda left the door open for new stories from the Fraggle universe. Doc has just got new digs in the desert, he *finally* knows about those things Sprocket has been barking at all the time, and they finally can get to explore each other's worlds! I would have loved to see that concept explored in the series (or a fanfic!)

As far as why Uncle "Travelling" Matt couldn't be seen by grownups is very simple--- as adults, we simply don't have enough imagination to see Fraggles - that's why Fraggles have to be "touched" by Silly Creatures (and vice versa) in orderto be seen. Since kids have more imagination they can see Fraggles! Also, both kids and adults need to learn that there is a little magic in ALL of us! (read my tagline below!)

At least, that's my theory.

Well, enough out of me... I'm about to wear out this keyboard with all the long posts I've come up with!

--Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Wembley said:
In order to really get a feeling of the closure of Fraggle Rock, you really ought to watch the final three episodes, _The Gorg Who Would Be King_, _Honk of Honks_, and _Change of Address_. They all tie in, and really show how the Fraggles, Doozers, Gorgs, and Silly Creatures were all a part of each other's worlds.
Maybe one of the single-disk 3-episode DVDs from HIT will have these three episodes. Kinda like "How it all began" showed the starts of the Fraggles; this would show the ending of the Fraggle show. (One of the bonus features could be the post-show episode "Finding New Jobs")

T

timrikthegorf

GelflingWaldo said:
I always wondered that. Being the fraggles are so small, to be able to walk to the desert would be quite a hike for them. The desert would have to be a substancial distance from the workshop to justify Doc having to move. So for the small fraggles to get there that quick would be almost impossible. I think the whole- Fraggle universe is in our hearts and imaginations. (Could the huge Gorgs really live in a tiny wall unnoticed by the human world?) They are not physically real. If they were I think Uncle Matt would have been captured and put in a zoo walking around our world so freely (as I recall kids did see him though). I think if you belive in the magic and keep it in your hearts you can see the Fraggles and they will always be with you.
Yeah, I think the idea is that you can't see the fraggles unless you can believe in that kind of thing. Doc never saw Gobo until the end and never believed Sprocket. That is why he couldn't see them (I guess). It is also possible that the fraggle caves are like sub space. You can travel long distances in a short time by folding regular space and using sub spacve to travel. Little star trek logic for ya. :wink:

Reaction score
Anyone who hasn't seen this episode and is wanting to see it, I have it in .avi format on my computer and would be perfectly willing to drop it off at dropload.com or something, or whatever means of uploading it to you.. just email me and we'll work out something. :smile:

Wembley

Reaction score
Yes, that would be cool. I have the last episode on VHS, recorded from waaaay back when Fraggle Rock was on, and it is definitely starting to show its age.

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"