Telly and Oscar back to being friends again?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
After reading the Sesame Street episode review from yesterday, I noticed the episode was about Telly trying to do the Grouch cheer to impress Oscar. Are those 2 back to being friends again? If they are, that's great. I remember back in the 80's they were always around each other and they even had their own show called Sneak Peek Previews. It seems like they stopped hanging out with each other once the new format started. I'm glad to see they made an episode with them together again. I really do hope we will be seeing more of these type of Telly/Oscar episodes in the future. These 2 always made a great team.

BEAR

Reaction score
This was also a great Gordon episode. I love seeing more involvement by the human grownups. Lately, it seems they're roles have been reduced, when they are equally as important to the success of the show as the Muppets are.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I don't think Telly and Oscar were never "not friends." It's just that he spent more time with Baby Bear. They just haven't shown too many Telly/Oscar moments in the new episodes.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Daffyfan. When I was a little kid, I always associated Telly and Oscar together as a team. Since Baby Bear came along, Telly's been spending more time with him. They are supposedly best friends now. I guess its nice that Telly can have a non-grouch best friend who isn't going to stress him out as much.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Oscar does not have friends

Oscar just tolerates Telly, Baby Bear, Elmo, Big Bird, etc. he doesn't have any friends. GROUCHES DON'T HAVE FRIENDS!!! :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
Oscar just tolerates Telly, Baby Bear, Elmo, Big Bird, etc. he doesn't have any friends. GROUCHES DON'T HAVE FRIENDS!!! :grouchy:
Actually, in The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, Oscar admits that Elmo is his friend...

OSCAR: "Huxley? First this character ruins my beautiful Grouchland, and now he's messing with my fri....."
(Everyone moves in closer in surprise)
BIG BIRD: "Oscar, were you going to say "friend"?"
OSCAR: (Nervous) "No, I was going to say...uh..."French-fried fishheads!"
(Everyone nods and murmurs in disbelief)
OSCAR: "Okay, okay. The little stink-wad IS my friend..."

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth, I was gonna mention that same reference. I think Oscar does care somewhere deep down, he just doesn't like to admit it. Oscar even cares about Big Bird, you can tell (even in Follow That Bird and Christmas Eve). He just enjoys teasing him and giving him a hard time. Oscar likes to see people frustrated and annoyed, not hurt. Oscar isn't evil or bad, he "has a heart of gold" in the words of Carroll Spinney.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I Told You I Don't Have Friends

HELLO, THIS IS OSCAR I HAVE TAKEN OVER ABIRANIRIBA'S POST (ACTUALLY I TOLD HIM TO SCRAM) I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS, NOW STOP SAYING THAT I DO AND QUOTING THINGS THAT I SAID UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF FRIENDSHIP!!! :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
D'Snowth, I was gonna mention that same reference. I think Oscar does care somewhere deep down, he just doesn't like to admit it. Oscar even cares about Big Bird, you can tell (even in Follow That Bird and Christmas Eve). He just enjoys teasing him and giving him a hard time. Oscar likes to see people frustrated and annoyed, not hurt. Oscar isn't evil or bad, he "has a heart of gold" in the words of Carroll Spinney.
It's even been proven in various sources that his best friends are Slimey the Worm, Telly, and Maria even though he doesn't like to admit it.