Thanksgiving at Muppet Central

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

I mock everyone else here so far by saying:

Happy Thanksgiving

and

Jamie RULEZ!!

Why JHC doesn't just hire him for their websites, I dunno. I have a feeling that if they DID, their sites might actually WORK!

Friends of mine (oh, and me too) will be celebrating Thanksgiving Charlie BRown style: Toast, Popcorn, and Jelly Beans.

We're giving the turkey to the dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

Friends of mine (oh, and me too) will be celebrating Thanksgiving Charlie BRown style: Toast, Popcorn, and Jelly Beans.

We're giving the turkey to the dog.
Will you be eating off of a Ping Pong table with the net pulled off?

I just thought it was weird in that special. It's november, and it's warm enough to eat outside. OLf course, around here that's weird. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, meaning I have to shovel, and have my back break. I'll probably be in the hospital, eating Turkey and Potatoes through a tube... just kidding.

I absolutely love the Thanksgiving menu, especially the use of Junior Gorg and Big Bird with Tuttle by his side. Groovey stuff.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No ping-pong table. It's inside on a pool table instead.

I figured that the warmer weather might have been reminiscent of Santa Rosa CA where Schulz lived, but then again Schulz said that the land of "Peanuts" was never mentioned exactly what city they were in, and I do remember warmer weather during winter months that allowed us to go out in tee shirts and shorts, so who knows.

BTW, there's a new special coming out after A Charlie Brown Christmas this year, based on the scripts of the comic strips. Should be fun.

For me, anyhoo.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Great job, Jamie on the Thanksgiving-ified menu! That is so cool! I can't wait to see what you're fixin' to do for Christmas!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kev-

As the resident Charlie Brown expert, could you clear something up? I thought there were to be no new specials after Shultz death. Does this new movie set the standard that there can be new specials if the stories come from the comic strips?

Oh, I wish Henson would hire me. Argh. Well, I'm still young so there is time. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya Jamiester!

Woo! I can't believe someone recognizes me as the resident Schulzologist!

Well, sir, I do know for a fact that the comic strips were stopped. Period.

Schulz was available prior to passing away for "It's the Pied Piper Charlie Brown" which isn't based on comic strips.

There were plans prior to his death to create more animated programs, which plans they may be carrying on now. I've not heard an official statement regarding the specials if they are based on comic strips only or not.

I guess I could e-mail out there, huh?

Doing thaaaat....NOW!

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Schulz was available prior to passing away for "It's the Pied Piper Charlie Brown" which isn't based on comic strips.
Sorry to get off the topic of how talented Jamie is (it's not like you don't hear it enough Jamie!) :wink:

But I gotta question for Kev. What is this Pied Piper you speak of? Details would be great!

Also Kev, while I'm talking to you, swing by Target. They have tons of Peanuts Christmas stuff. I immediately thought of you. I saw lots of really great ornaments.

Okay, now back to get this topic back on Jamie. Hope you are having fun in Texas, but not two stepping! :wink: (Jamie knows what I mean) Say hey to your Mom!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
RadioNate:

It was about 2 years ago that Pied Piper came out, and on video/dvd. There was a cool short at the end of it about Sparky.

Saw the Peanuts stuff, just broker'n all get-out right now.

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
RadioNate:

It was about 2 years ago that Pied Piper came out, and on video/dvd. There was a cool short at the end of it about Sparky.

Saw the Peanuts stuff, just broker'n all get-out right now.

FOZ
You and me both buddy. I gotta find better wages soon, or I'm gonna be forced to deliever singing telegrams and lap dances!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
You and me both buddy. I gotta find better wages soon, or I'm gonna be forced to deliever singing telegrams and lap dances!
Let me know if you need to borrow my fuzzy nose glasses and rubber chicken!

FOZ