"That's About The Size" song

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
As brilliant as Raposo is, he didn't write/sing "That's About the Size of It" ... Bud Luckey did. He also directed and designed it, as well as the number series MuppetDude mentioned, and a few others, inlcuding a series with two rattlesnakes in the desert.

He's also worked at Pixar, where he designed Woody and, more recently, wrote/directed/scored "Boundin'," the short released with The Incredibles. Here's the autograph he gave me when he visited my school in March 2003.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Oops!

Boober_Gorg said:
As brilliant as Raposo is, he didn't write/sing "That's About the Size of It" ... Bud Luckey did. He also directed and designed it, as well as the number series MuppetDude mentioned, and a few others, inlcuding a series with two rattlesnakes in the desert.

He's also worked at Pixar, where he designed Woody and, more recently, wrote/directed/scored "Boundin'," the short released with The Incredibles. Here's the autograph he gave me when he visited my school in March 2003.
Oops! Once again, I've been "Squished by The Boober". I think I'll go crawl under my rock now to lick my wounds............:embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What all did Bud Luckey work on? I'm guessing that all of his segments were made in 1971. Was Just About The Size of It the only non-counting song he did for Sesame Street?

I know that he did segments featurign a fiddle player named Donnie Budd, which were for the numbers 2-6 (the song for two was called two Toucan two-Steps, and the segment for four was Four Lions At My Door), and he did The Ladybug Picnic, The Alligator King, Ten Tiny Turtles, Martian Beauty, and Pinball Candy Man. Did he do anything else? Did he do any songs for the numbers 1 or 11?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Did he do anything else? Did he do any songs for the numbers 1 or 11?
Yes, "Lovely 11 Morning."

Also:

Q - quarter (poem)
Z - zebu (poem)
Rattlesnakes: long/short, next to

Rosewood

Reaction score
Here's some other possibilities.....

minor muppetz said:
What all did Bud Luckey work on? I'm guessing that all of his segments were made in 1971. Was Just About The Size of It the only non-counting song he did for Sesame Street?

I know that he did segments featurign a fiddle player named Donnie Budd, which were for the numbers 2-6 (the song for two was called two Toucan two-Steps, and the segment for four was Four Lions At My Door), and he did The Ladybug Picnic, The Alligator King, Ten Tiny Turtles, Martian Beauty, and Pinball Candy Man. Did he do anything else? Did he do any songs for the numbers 1 or 11?
If he did all the animated number songs (with or without the fiddle player), then the song for 3 was "The animals on a fat lady's lap", 5 was "The funny 5 farm", 8 was "The penny candyman". I don't know what 6 was, though. Did I get these right, oh "Great Boober"? (cringe-giggle):wink:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Please, enough with the sarcasm. I'm just trying to be informative.

Yes, you got them right. The #6 one was "Six Snails."

Rosewood

Reaction score
Your right, enough's enough.

Boober_Gorg said:
Please, enough with the sarcasm. I'm just trying to be informative.

Yes, you got them right. The #6 one was "Six Snails."
Sorry BG, I know I get a little carried away sometimes. :embarrassed: I'm cool now. Thanks for the info on 6. I can honestly say that is one I don't think I've ever seen. Would you mind going into a bit more detail on it?

bigbird

Reaction score
Wow I didn;t think that this subject would have so many responses.