The “What did you do today?” thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Writing scripts can be tough, because there's so many specific rules you have to follow, but don't always necessarily apply . . . for instance, there's the idea that one page equals one minute's worth of screentime, but that's not always true.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pfft.

Tell that to one of the now-retired instructors at my school named John Cormier. :shifty:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Finished Kids on the Slope.

Good anime if you like romance stuff.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I just LOVE doing paperwork!

-said no video producer, ever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My main problem with writing scripts is that I'm a really detail-oriented person, so I tend to type too much detail into the narrative of a script, when scripts are supposed to be a basic, simple, and tight as possible.

I understand Sid & Marty Krofft had a similar problem when H.R. PUFNSTUF went into production: the scripts that were written for the show were all the size of movies, as opposed to half-hour episodes.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
That's exactly what I do as well! I write all these details that don't really contribute anything to the script except describe the setting or whatnot, but since I'm a one-man-band when it comes to this (I write the script, direct, and edit the final product), there's no purpose. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If I'm doing a one-man production, then I'll forego the script altogether, because I have the basic idea in my head of what I'm going to say or do, so it's just not a necessary thing to do.

When other people are involved, however, particularly other performers, then I kind of have to write scripts.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah. For my earlier videos, I didn't really have to write scripts; all of them were improvised. But as the plot gets more and more complex I find myself writing a script because it really helps me get my thoughts collected and down on paper.