The 3 unaired Jim Henson Hour episodes

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Here's something that I have always wanted to know: Has anybody seen, or does anybody have, the three episodes of The Jim Henson Hour that NBC didn't air? Does anybody know what was in those three episodes? I need to know, since three episodes of a show can't have just disappeared off the face of the earth. Someone must have seen them somewhere, or have them in their collection. Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

beaker

Reaction score
The Muppet Central portion of JHH from 1989 is by far my favorite of the more moder TMS spimoffs. You look at these and they are so fresh and edgy for the time. Look at digit, looks like he belongs plugged into the Matrix. Sadly, perhaps this was too much ahead of people's times.

The 3 unaired episodes are: The Tubes pilot, an unaired dog city (live action) half hour...and...wait they showed the making of JHH/creature shop one...hmmm. and cloud city was shown.
ok, now im stumped too. Does anybody know a complete list of all JHH episodes aired and unaired?

///beaker///

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are what I believe are the Jim Henson Hour episodes that aired in 1989. Twelve are listed here. Originally the special "Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting" was slated to be a part of the Jim Henson Hour, but instead was shown the week before the program premiered. This might explain for the "missing" 13th episode or there could be another one that we don't know about at all.

The 1987 Inner Tub pilot never aired on tv and is 22 minutes long. Since it never aired on tv and isn't a full episode it doesn't count as an episode in my opinion. Episodes with a * didn't air in the US (at least with the Jim Henson Hour bumpers as in the case of Living with Dinosaurs and Monster Maker which were shown on Nick in 1993-1994 and Odyssey 1999-2000).

1. Muppet Television: Louie Anderson, The Storyteller: The Heartless Giant
2. Muppet Television: Ted Danson, Lighthouse Island
3. Muppet Television: The Today Show, The Storyteller: The Soldier and Death
4. Dog City
5. Muppet Television: Bobby McFerrin, Miss Piggy’s Hollywood
6. *Monster Maker
7. Muppet Television: Smokey Robinson, Song of the Cloud Forest
8. Muppet Television: Buster Poindexter, The Storyteller: The True Bride
9. Muppet Television: k. d. lang, The Storyteller: Sapsorrow
10. *Living with Dinosaurs
11. *Muppet Television: Food, The Storyteller: The Three Ravens
12. Secrets of the Muppets

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

Hey ,
Can you tell me abit about 'Inner Tube' the Jim Henson Hour pilot ? Do you have it ?

And i wonder if their was Muppt Central portions made for the Monster Maker, Dog City and Living with Dinosaurs ?

See ya

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
There were no Muppet Central portions made for those episodes, because they were full-length hours. And what countries DID "Living with Dinosaurs," "Monster Maker," and the "MuppeTelevision: Food/The Storyteller: The Three Ravens" episodes air in? I do not want to obtain the first two from the Nickelodeon airings, since they are undoubtedly edited for time; did any of the "unaired three" of The Jim Henson Hour air in, for example, Canada? (I ask that because it is right above us, and supports the NTSC standard, so I can easily obtain copies from people who taped them in Canada.)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the other episodes aired in Canada.

Randy

Reaction score
the dog city (live action) half hour was aired here in Australia...

matleo

Reaction score
That's funmy,
I remember seeing Monster Maker with the JHH bumper as it aired on NBC during the broadcast run of JHH (heck I have a copy of it), but I didn't see "the Secrets of..." until it aired on Nick years later.

--Matt

Reaction score
If anyone has any of these on tape, please e-mail me if you can make me a copy in any way, (tape, cd whatever). I could send you some form of payment or whatever for the trouble. anyway, e-mail me back and we'll talk about it.

thanks,
Evan