The 80's

Vic Romano

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I was watching Nick at Nite's 20th anniversary a couple of weeks ago and they were playing shows from 1985. They showed stuff I haven't seen in years like The Facts of Life. I wish they'd play more of the 80's shows and less of the 90's shows on Nick at Nite. There was good stuff back then!
I had such a crush on Tootie.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are some things I loved growing up in the 80's.

The VCR came allowing me to tape things while I was away.

Video arcades with games like Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and Q*bert.

A video game can be found in almost every store and restaurant.

Colecovision, which was the best game system in the early 80s.

Nintendo, which was the best game systen in the late 80s.

Swatch watches and clothing.

Sniglet books.

Collecting Transformers.

TV shows like the Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, Ducktales, Silver Spoons, and ALF.

Game shows like Press Your Luck, Starcade, Tic-Tac-Dough, Catch Phrase, and Classic Concentration, The game show joys of staying home in the Summer.

Movies like Gremlins, The Goonies, Johnny Dangerously, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Singers and rock bands like Cyndi Lauper, Weird Al Yankovic, and Journey.

The younger days of Nickelodeon when they had shows like Out of Control, Dangermouse, Duckula, Turkey TV, and You Can't Do That on Television.

Snuffy finally gets seen on Sesame Street.

Jim Henson Hour first airs in 89. The closing of the 80s decade.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Game shows like Press Your Luck, Starcade, Tic-Tac-Dough, Catch Phrase, and Classic Concentration, The game show joys of staying home in the Summer.
Oh yeah I really loved "Press Your Luck" and "Tic Tac Dough." C'mon Big Bucks! No Whammies! And....... STOP! That music was excellent game show music too. Very fun game. And I think it was during the summer of 1982 I tuned in every day to "Tic Tac Dough" and saw that one guy set the record (at the time) for game show winnings. He was on for just about the entire summer and won over $300,000. They gave away a new car for every five games won and I think he won about 9 cars!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I love the '80s. I was young then so I watched a lot of the cartoons. "Ducktales," "Muppet Babies," "Real Ghostbusters," etc. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yes, gameshows! Anyone remember Hollywood Squares when it was first on? Not the newer version from a few years ago? Anyway, I always liked that one and Wheel of Fortune.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Three words: Strike a pose
What do you mean that came out in the 90s? Look, it's Madonna. Well so what? It's still 80s associated *rambles*