1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The 86th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Muppet dude, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You know I can't recall ethier, I think we did because I can remember the Today Show people talking about Abby, but again I may be wrong.
    So who has had a ballon? Elmo?? I dont't think I have ever seen that one. Abby I have seen, Big Bird, but that was a long long time ago, and then Super Grover. Out of them all i like the Big Bird one and the Grover one. I would love to see Oscar get a Macy ballon that would be a lot of groch!
  2. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

In light of the recent events surrounding Big Bird, having his balloon appear would be EPIC.

And though the chance of this happening are one in a trillion, a balloon of The Count would be a fitting tribute to his departed original performer.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Big Bird, Super Grover, and Abby are the only ones to ever have a Balloon in the Macy's Parade.

Elmo has never had a balloon.

So think about it this way.... Super Grover was chosen over Elmo for a parade balloon.
  4. Elmo might not be appearing on this year's thanksgiving. Since Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street and The Jim Henson Company.
  5. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Elmo will definately appear. It's just he may not have a speaking role in whatever song they sing. Plus, he's still their most popular character.
  6. Yeah, Jerry Nelson. I miss him so much.
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. That's been a disappointment. I wish they'd bring Scooby back or even other Warner Bros. characters. (No. I didn't make a mistake there. Warner Bros. does indeed own Scooby and all of the Hanna Barbera franchise.)
  8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I was just going to ask about that. I was wondering if they'd have someone else perform :laugh: for that appearance or if he'd just be appearing with the other characters and not having any lines. I guess we'll see what happens.​
    Sorry to double post there.
  9. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Believe it or not, they STILL use the 1992-2006 Sesame Street closing theme whenever announcing the Sesame Street float. I guess they had no idea that the credits theme has been replaced since 2007...
    I also recall when they have the Pikachu balloon, they use the old 1998 Pokemon theme (instrumental, of course.) Pokemon has had tons of theme songs over the years, but I imagine they went with the 1998 theme because that's what most people were familiar with (I seem to recall it being a hit single as well!)
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the song is prerecorded. Elmo probably will still have his line in thee because they recorded it prior.

It's too iconic to the franchise to have anything else. Yet, you'd think that Sonic would have his classic Sonic 1+ 2 game opening music. At least it isn't "Gotta Go Fast."
  11. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Makes sense. Though usually that original Pokemon theme song would kind of be more associated with back when we only had 150 Pokemon, like this board game (I had this!)
    [​IMG]
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.