The Anti-Rant Thread

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Oh yeahhhhhh... I like cheese.

And video games. Only Nintendo and Square Enix.

And I like Disney films.

And Looney Tunes.

And those WB 90s cartoons. (TTA, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc.)

And did I mention pie?:insatiable:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Surf's Up is a great film. It's the only CGI film from Sony Pictures Animation that I wanted to see. It probably got very little attention because it was released alongside too many penguin movies (Happy Feet, for example). But this movie was very funny. I liked how the film was presented as a documentary as opposed to being presented straightforward, as the story is a little predictable. The visuals and soundtrack are amazing, and the waves are gorgeous. I really recommend watching it.

I still don't get why "Welcome to Paradise" by Green Day wasn't on the official soundtrack, even though it was in the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I usually complain about commercials because we're in some golden age of quirky and ad execs barely get quirky. Especially PSA's that take forever to get to the point, which I won't go into because this is a rant free thread, and this is just to further a point.

But darned if I don't think the RIF "Book People Unite" as isn't a work of art. The song is great, they have some beloved copyrighted characters in the mix, Levarr Burton is there, and that's pretty much the sexiest Little Red Riding Hood since Tex Avery. Why can't the minute long dental care commercial that's so concerned about wasting time that wastes time telling you be that epic?

snichols1973

Reaction score
I like having Season 1 of The Muppet Show as part of my DVD collection (even though some of the scenes have been excluded due to licensing issues).

While first-generation Muppeteers Franz "Faz" Fazakas, Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson et al. have passed on to that great Muppet Studio up above, I'm glad that we still have the presence of 1st generation Muppeteer Dave Goelz, who has been working with the Muppets for over 35 years and counting....:batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Transformers Prime is so violent that they have to tone it down in Japan.

Let me state that again... an American cartoon series has been deemed too violent for a Japanese audience.

TFP is so awesome it bent reality.