The Best and the worst season of the "NEW" SS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Time for me to update my list...

Best Season: (In order) Season 36, Season 34, Season 38
Worst Seasons: (In order) Season 37 and Season 35.
Okay Season: Season 33 (took a while to get used to the new format).

SSLFan

Reaction score
I actually thought season 38 was one of, if not, the best season since the format change. I liked a lot of the plots, it gave us Chris who's awesome and it's fomrta was looser, allowing more segments to be put in.

I also like season 36, mainly segment-wise. They showed TWO Grover/kid sketches from the 1980's.
I hated season 38 because the lack of Big Bird. Everything else was fine. And I must agree, Chris is awsome.:wisdom:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Best: Season 38.

Worst: Season 33. (the show was dumbed down so much it was practically unbearable)

They just get better and better with the format every season.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's gets better with every year too! Can't say I have a best or worst because that all all good for the most part. The worst for me was probably 33 and it wasn't all that bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Season 33 bad at all. Did anyone see that last episode of the season where Telly and Oscar go on that road trip? That was one of the best episodes in years. Telly even tells Oscar off at one point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Season 33 bad at all. Did anyone see that last episode of the season where Telly and Oscar go on that road trip? That was one of the best episodes in years. Telly even tells Oscar off at one point.
Yeah, that was a great episode, mainly because it sort of brought back an old-school vibe when Telly used to consider Oscar to be his best friend.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Worst recent seasons I've seen: 36 and 37. Between the "Healthy Habits" preachiness and the otherwise uninspired new material ("It's Time to Play", ugh!)...those two deserve to be locked away where no one can watch them again.

Best I've seen so far: 35 and 38. The 35th anniversary did encourage Sesame Workshop to include more classic material and make the format less rigid, for all its other flaws. As for Season 38, I've commented on the good and bad points elsewhere in this forum... :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Worst recent seasons I've seen: 36 and 37. Between the "Healthy Habits" preachiness and the otherwise uninspired new material ("It's Time to Play", ugh!)...those two deserve to be locked away where no one can watch them again.
That was the main problem with the health habits. They tried them way too hard, and they ended up nagging half the time. And a lot of the stuff incorporated to educate about fruits and vegitables was terrible. Do the Veggie/Fruit dance made no sense, was poorly done, and had nothing to do with vegitables or fruits. Plus, it sounded like something I could write in 2 minutes, and I'm not musically inclined.

The Fruit and Veggie songs were hit or miss. The ones Jerry nelson performed were pretty good. But that grape chant sounded weak, and nothing like a sports chant that it was meant to be.

However, I liked what they tried to do with Dinner theater.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Bad-Repeating Cookie's letter of day segements over and over again-with no new ones in Season 38.

Good-At least the number of day segments have been varied-from pipe organ, to ribbons and with the Countess,more recent segements involving The Count and kids.