The best and worst uses of Flash animation

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm watching Motorcity online now, and I keep having to remind myself that the animation is done in Flash because it looks that good! It looks like there are a lot more frames of movement than most traditionally animated TV cartoons, too.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Does Joe Murray use Flash? Because he was using it for his Rocko's Modern Life drawing tutorials, and I think that's what he used for Frog In A Suit, but I'm not sure.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I don't own Flash, but I know what the UI looks like because I've watched lots of Flash tutorials, and I could tell from his computer screen that it was definitely Flash.

Look at the far right, that's Flash, without a doubt. If you watch Frog In a Suit, it looks like it was traditionally animated at first glance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It took me 3 viewings of the Powerpuff Girls Anniversary special to realize it was Flash. That's how good that was. Craig McCracken's new series, Wander over Yonder looks like Foster's Home style smooth Flash animation that takes advantage of characters without standard cartoon outlines.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I think Dan Vs. has pretty good animation for Flash, unlike shows like Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wanted to like Cat in the Hat... I really did. I think Martin Short is a brilliant and exuberant Cat, but the kids are devoid of personality and dull on every aspect, especially visually.

And I swear they sing the same song every single 11 minute episode (twice in a full 24 minute show) is just yet another cost cutting measure to reuse the same animation over and over. They could at least get into the magic flying thing differently every time, but noooooooo.

And the characters are never not in 3/4th view. I HATE that.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
One day I am going to post a bunch of pictures of just the facial expressions on Dan Vs. For being flash and kinda stiff, there are AMAZINGLY diverse facial expressions.

But tell me this is not one of the BEST expressions you have ever seen XD

I might make it my avatar XP

Drtooth

Reaction score
One day I am going to post a bunch of pictures of just the facial expressions on Dan Vs. For being flash and kinda stiff, there are AMAZINGLY diverse facial expressions.
That's what I think most flash lacks. Diverse and exaggerated facial expressions. Even Mucha Lucha that had library expressions managed to make some very expressive, wacky, cartoony faces.

And then there's the kids in the Cat in the Hat show. They have Smiling and not quite frowning. :attitude:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Those new Mickey Mouse cartoons have wonderful Flash animation.