The best Muppet moment ever!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
So difficult to choose, but my absolutely favourite song on the Muppet Show was 'Kermit in the Hospital Bed' - whenever I hear it I can't get it out of my head...

Doctor! Is there nothing I can take?
I say, Doctor!
To relieve this flipper ache?

Ahh...classic.

I, too, also love the final shot of TMM as the camera pulls back to reveal the huge crowd scene....

Guy

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by GuySmiley
So difficult to choose, but my absolutely favourite song on the Muppet Show was 'Kermit in the Hospital Bed' - whenever I hear it I can't get it out of my head...

Doctor! Is there nothing I can take?
I say, Doctor!
To relieve this flipper ache?

Guy
My mother recently told me that she used to hate that song but now smiles on the rare occasions when she hears it. Why? Because appearently when I was little, I used to go around singing it non stop for days on end! Ahhhh, how easily we were corrupted by the Muppet Show!

Does anyone know who originally recorded or wrote the song by chance?

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Grandmaster C
I've always loved the one shot from The Muppet Christmas Carol where Kermit (as Bob Crachet of course) standS in the street and looks up at the sky with the shooting star flying by.

I though that was a cool little shot, in fact, I wish I had a vidcap of it.
It's like when he looks at the shooting star in The Muppet Movie...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by dlphntat
I always liked the episode of Muppet Show when the Electric Mayhem did "get by with a Little Help from My Friends" with Janice as the 'virgin sacrifice', and as they walked off the stage Kermit said "All right pagans, nicely worshipped!"
I still giggle everytime I think of it.
You do have such good taste. :smile: :wink:

GuySmiley

Reaction score
radionate - I'm not sure who did 'Lime in the Coconut' originally - but it was written by a guy called Harry Nilson, and seems to be the 'song that made him famous' although I've never heard of him.

"Now let me get this straight! You put the lime in the coconut..........."

Guy!

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
It's like when he looks at the shooting star in The Muppet Movie...
Well, I've only seen The Muppet Movie once a long time ago so I don't remember that exact part whereas I've seen Muppet Christmas Carol countless times, so therefore I remembered it more.

My apologies. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeek! My favorite Muppet film - the first one. If you have the chance, see it again. The DVD treatement is pretty cool with a little bit of extra stuff. You should check it out or rent it if it's available. I really feel it is the heart of the Muppets. :big_grin:

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Eeeek! My favorite Muppet film - the first one. If you have the chance, see it again. The DVD treatement is pretty cool with a little bit of extra stuff. You should check it out or rent it if it's available. I really feel it is the heart of the Muppets. :big_grin:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I plan to watch it again, and hopefully even buy the DVD at some point. Of course, there's plenty of other DVDs out there that I have to buy too, so we'll see what happens. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen Muppets From Space yet. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually Muppets From Space is really skipable IMHO. If I weren't such a fan of the Muppets I would likely be much more harsh on the film. Pepe was really cool in it though! :smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
When I think of the BEST moments, a few come to mind:

In no particular order:

The Fraggles saying goodbye to Doc and Sprocket (It was done so beautifully and was so heartfelt)

Gonzo singing "My Way" (same reason as above)

Peter Ustinov ep. version of "Bein Green"

The Muppets Hosting The Tonight Show

Mr Hooper's death episode

Mahna Mahna

The Muppets singing "Just One Prson" for Jim

Kermit singing with Robin in MCC (walking down the street)