The Bible and Love and Christians

Drtooth

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I've seen it so pervasive. Minority kid in an all white school. White kid in an all black school. Slightly effeminete kid being bullied from all directions. Kids have no clue how deeply their bullying hurts and cuts deep. Even if it doesn't end in suicide, it manifests in other ways....stomach issues, eating disorders, etc. Im glad theres a new focus and awareness on bullying. Bullying is bull, and noone should put up with it.
Kids KNOW how deep down bullying hurts... thing is they don't care. Actually, they rather like causing harm to others. And I don't care if it's comping with their own abuse at home or if they're just spoiled Eric Cartman types, they're complete sociopaths. They WANT to spread hate and misery, and it doesn't matter the excuse, they just want someone to feel pain so they can laugh at it. As Dr. Robotnik once said "Happiness is so much better when it's based on the misery of others."

I will say I have problems with the "It gets better" mantra... often times, it doesn't! I was told that numerous times during my miserable middle school and high school years... and all that did was make me dream too big, causing me to become angry, bitter, and frustrated when I found out I can't achieve anything. Tell you the truth, I'm more angry and resentful now than when I was going through that crap. You would NOT like the stuff I mutter to myself sometimes.

But here's the thing... why is it if one of the bullied kids actually snap and do something, they send the psychiatrists after them and not the sociopaths that LOVE to drive innocent, loving people into that state? Why was this not looked at as torture, not unlike the signs of killing small animals gruesomely leading to serial killers or rapists? To me, there's NO difference between someone beating someone up because they're different or weak or worst of all just transferred into another school than there is the sick jackenapes that microwave live cats and put it up on Youtube.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kids KNOW how deep down bullying hurts... thing is they don't care. Actually, they rather like causing harm to others. And I don't care if it's comping with their own abuse at home or if they're just spoiled Eric Cartman types, they're complete sociopaths. They WANT to spread hate and misery, and it doesn't matter the excuse, they just want someone to feel pain so they can laugh at it. As Dr. Robotnik once said "Happiness is so much better when it's based on the misery of others."
I think something we don't like to admit though, it that all of us do that sometimes. We all have moments where we get pleasure from someone else feeling bad. Not all of us take it to that bullying level, but no one is immune to the feeling and if we understood it more in ourselves, I think we'd know how to combat it better.

I will say I have problems with the "It gets better" mantra... often times, it doesn't!
I've been to lectures on bullying and I've tried to get this point across, usually to deaf ears, lol. Life goes up and down and doesn't just get better and stay better. What kids need to be taught is resilience. If the bullying, or the cares of the adult world later on, doesn't stop, people need to learn how to have happy, sane, normal lives, despite their problems.

But here's the thing... why is it if one of the bullied kids actually snap and do something, they send the psychiatrists after them and not the sociopaths that LOVE to drive innocent, loving people into that state?
You're right, it's not fair that the bullies end up getting ignored as "just a part of growing up." However I don't think most bullies do grow up to be true sociopaths. Most do mature as they get older. Sociopath is a word we throw around a lot, but I think that's something you're born with. And from what I understand, sociopaths can appear to be very nice people, not obvious bullies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been to lectures on bullying and I've tried to get this point across, usually to deaf ears, lol. Life goes up and down and doesn't just get better and stay better. What kids need to be taught is resilience. If the bullying, or the cares of the adult world later on, doesn't stop, people need to learn how to have happy, sane, normal lives, despite their problems.
I really wanted to come up with a movement called "Life is an unfair boondoggle, suck it up." That's basically the best way I can put it. Somehow I wish more lawsuits would come out of bullying. That would even the play field. If you can sue over being stupid enough to hold coffee in your legs and having it erupt there, then we should sue bullies for harassment and emotional distress as well. That's the ONLY way to stop them... threaten them with legal action. I WISH I did that. I truly wish I did. They say living well is the best revenge, but if you can't achieve that, the second best revenge is destroying someone financially. I would never think of harming or killing anyone. But suing them blue, you bet I would.

You're right, it's not fair that the bullies end up getting ignored as "just a part of growing up." However I don't think most bullies do grow up to be true sociopaths. Most do mature as they get older. Sociopath is a word we throw around a lot, but I think that's something you're born with. And from what I understand, sociopaths can appear to be very nice people, not obvious bullies.
There's something that's either taught or learned or not disciplined out of. Usually the kids of bullies become bullies themselves because their parents were never reprimanded, caught, or punished for it. Heck, they may even still be bullies at work. Didn't Thomas Wilson once say he portrayed Biff Tannen in a cautious tale sort of way? The greatest bully in fictional history is a caricature, and an accurate one at that. However, I still think there's some small mental problem in those who want others to suffer for laughs. That's why I find most reality TV and Jack$$$ deplorable. It turns everyone into bullies, even passive aggressive, "At least I'm better than" Dinner for Schmucks types.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really wanted to come up with a movement called "Life is an unfair boondoggle, suck it up."
Lol, yes, exactly. :smile:

They say living well is the best revenge, but if you can't achieve that
Well depends, what do you mean by living well?

the second best revenge is destroying someone financially. I would never think of harming or killing anyone. But suing them blue, you bet I would.
Wasn't there a line like that in that Hulk Hogan movie, Suburban Commando? "Are you kidding? This the '90s! We're gonna sue ya!" Lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well depends, what do you mean by living well?

Exactly. There's NO WAY to achieve living well anymore unless you stumble yer butt over a ripoff of MySpace with even less frills or some idiotic repetitive iPhone game with a stolen concept but quirky enough characters to merchandise. There's no more stars to reach for, some are becoming obsolete, others are gift wrapped and sent over seas, the rest are promised to someone's imbecile kid. And we wonder why we're in unavoidable recession every other week. All saying "it gets better" is going to do in a time of complete despair and misery is just going to make even angrier, entirely sour people. I'm glad celebrities are speaking out about this stuff, but they don't realize how lucky they were to become famous. 1 out of every billion kids who dream of something will ever come close.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
heralde said:
However I don't think most bullies do grow up to be true sociopaths.
Well ...
Drtooth said:
1 out of every billion kids who dream of something will ever come close.
My mom was told when I was in kindergarten that I was a nice kid and smart but I would never amount to anything. Maybe it's true that my dreams of world conquest (LOL) will never happen, but, dang it ... your grandparents like me better :stick_out_tongue:
Mom was told I had no social skills (my autistic online BF thinks I have high-functioning and undiagnosed autism). I do, though. I just don't get along well with peers. I get along with the elderly just fine. I was 5 before my brother was born and we mostly had adult relatives. I feel more like I was born 20-30 years before I actually was. My peers can't deal with home or car maintenance at all. They have to hire all of it, it seems. I was around a father (the sociopath) who was into cars and my maternal grandfather who built houses. Until it requires tools I absolutely have no business using, I try to do what I can myself. I had my home makeover thing scheduled for a year, and I'm basically done except for maybe a couple of other decorations. Next year I'll work on making appliances more energy efficient. I act as though I've learned the lessons of the Depression (mostly, LOL).
Anyway, my brother says Kermit's in a "It Gets Better" vid. I haven't seen it. It almost disappoints me to think he's taken part. Sure, it's in character, but we really resent that entire concept. It only gets better if opportunity allows. A lot of times it doesn't. Had Bernie never got lost, Kermit would never have left the swamp.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly. There's NO WAY to achieve living well anymore unless you stumble yer butt over a ripoff of MySpace with even less frills or some idiotic repetitive iPhone game with a stolen concept but quirky enough characters to merchandise. There's no more stars to reach for, some are becoming obsolete, others are gift wrapped and sent over seas, the rest are promised to someone's imbecile kid. And we wonder why we're in unavoidable recession every other week. All saying "it gets better" is going to do in a time of complete despair and misery is just going to make even angrier, entirely sour people. I'm glad celebrities are speaking out about this stuff, but they don't realize how lucky they were to become famous. 1 out of every billion kids who dream of something will ever come close.
It sounds like you're equating living well with being materially successful?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sounds like you're equating living well with being materially successful?
There's no way to do either unless you fell butt backwards into a tech job the start of last decade. There is no living well if you have to move back in with your parents or sell bodily fluids to afford to eat. That's kinda what kids are going to have to face.

The biggest bullies of all are the hyper wealthy. Refusing to share, using money that could benefit all of us to buy politicians to make sure they get even more money...

Money may not buy happiness, but it buys stuff to... you know... keep you alive.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Money may not buy happiness, but it buys stuff to... you know... keep you alive.
Hmm yes..."I've heard my guilded friends complain there are troubles money cannot cure. But a trouble is a trouble is a trouble, and it's twice the trouble if a person is poor." :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
More reason why I do not like fundie right wingers...look how they mock and boo
this gay soldier asking a question at the GOP debate
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/09/22/gop_debate_florida/index.html

This wasn't exactly Osama's Nineteen, beaker. It was only "clever" in that our country was too lazy to deal with the problem. The WTC wasn't the Fortress of Solitude (and you can even blow THAT up). They were skyscrapers. Skyscrapers can fall down. Just because some architects said only God could tear it down doesn't mean men can't. (In fact, I blame THAT statement for the fall ... didn't they read the Tower of Babel or watch Titanic? You DON'T go telling God what He can and cannot knock over.) You can't punch a big gaping hole in a building and have it still stand up. They weren't DESIGNED to have big gaping holes in them. Like a Jenga tower, they knocked out required supports and down they went. I think all the "it was impossible for planes to knock down the buildings" is code for "I can't let people know I was being an egotistical engineer who can't admit I didn't build a ******* fortress, just a couple of tall office buildings."
Hey you believe in God, I believe 9/11 was the result of a conspiracy from the evidence I've seen. I mean World Trade Center 7 wasnt even hit by a plane and it came down like a vegas implosion. This is why it's America. Freedom of belief and thought. I just don't buy that bin Laden and some guys with boxcutters alone could have been behind 9/11 by themselves or pulled it off alone, and I also wonder "who benefits". The Muslim world didnt benefit. They got demonized, scapegoated and bombed. Like Hitler with the Jews after the Reichstag and Gleiwitz "attacks" in Germany during the 1930's.

What does "God" have to do with it? I mean you believe some invisible guy who cannot be proven knocked a tower down, yet Im kooky for thinking that planes alone didnt bring down the twin towers? Thousands of metalurgists, architects and engineers have come out in support of a new investigation. Think about who truly needed 9/11 to happen for endless war, enslavement. I've studied the new world order, something you Christians should be aware of. Exposing 9/11 is the key to peace, because all the evil and destruction caused by the US and Europe is justified on the back of the sept 11th attacks.