The Bible and Love and Christians

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This bias toward painting terrorism as a Muslim thing is ridiculous, and Im sorry...Im not with you in wanting people to "take the terror threat seriously", when there is no terror threat other than the manufactured hoax the government uses to scare people(TSA at airports and other big brother measures)
There is no bias, believe me. I don't agree that it's a hoax, but I'm not a crazy right winger either. :wink:

Other than that ::sigh:: I just don't feel like fighting anymore today. I have nothing against you or anyone here and don't know how it got so out of hand. Take care and please see my PM. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I really want to be the guy to let everything go and move on... but I'm struggling at the bottom and a victim of everything that everyone else is a victim of currently.
Not to be mean, but do something about it. Don't sit there every day whining to us about how you're angry at the world and you're not getting anywhere and life's passing you by. I did that way too long. See, I believe you OWE it to yourself to give yourself permission to go for dreams and live.I understand living in a cushy bubble of childhood nostalgia is "safe" and such, but there comes a point where you have to get militant and take action.

The media talks about zealous extremists in the Middle East. Well you have to get fervently zealous about going for goals. I mean hey...I was raised on welfare and food stamps, ended up being abused in various ways by a non family member for several years. Was horribly tormented by kids k-12. Never had many friends at all, always had bad luck trying to get jobs. I've suffered from severe clinical depression and was on meds back in my late teens. I have diabetes and a number of other health challenges, plus overall anxiety, panic attacks when I was working, etc. Girl wise, shoot...hardly ever had girls into me as more than a friend despite never ceasing to be fun, warm, witting and caring.

But I say so what. I realized I'm in my 30's...as much as like you I complain about the current youth mentality and all this technology...why not utilize it. If there is something you deeply want and wish for, GO for it. Take small principle guided baby steps toward that. Work a little bit every day, even small accomplishments are good. I still get depressed out of the blue, frustrated. But I just feel it's time to live. Time to enjoy a new chapter.

I had stopped doing my webcomic for some time. Was languishing in my music. Then this spring I just one day realized, no. I need to do this, and instead of forcing myself like a chore, I got inspired. Just debuted the trailer to my cartoon series which debuts next week, something Ive been working all year on 100% by myself(and I dont even know the first thing about animation or flash...but Im doing something)
Last week I started contacting local and bay area djs and promoters to start performing my music and dj. I bought an extensive new wardrobe($50 for bags and bags of pretty swank vintage stuff at goodwill!) and this whole year I've been jogging every day and trying to eat better.

I mention all this because Ive seen you on here for almost ten years, and it's the same ol same ol. "Oh, theyll never hire someone like me to illustrate" or this or that. Who cares! Start a tumblr or deviant art or something and start posting. The number one webcomic is a darn stick figure comic. Youtube is a level playing field, Im even starting a vlog/sketch comedy show next month on there.

I dont care who people are, what you believe or nuthin...DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE! That's my message

It's hard, but isn't it like the bullies won if you don't?

beaker

Reaction score
I agree. But then I also wonder why in turn the Democrats seem to be distancing themselves from Israel?
Because they don't like seeing thousands of Palestinians systematically blown up and kicked from their homes? How many Israelis have died from Islamic attacks in the last 4 or 5 years?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Beaker, like I said, I'm done arguing for the day. Please see my post above. Peace. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
There's no way to do either unless you fell butt backwards into a tech job the start of last decade. There is no living well if you have to move back in with your parents or sell bodily fluids to afford to eat. That's kinda what kids are going to have to face.

The biggest bullies of all are the hyper wealthy. Refusing to share, using money that could benefit all of us to buy politicians to make sure they get even more money...

Money may not buy happiness, but it buys stuff to... you know... keep you alive.
While I often talk about the "powers that be keeping us down", it's really an illusion. It's bull to think sour grapes. You DO have the power. Just do it ain't just a lame corporate slogan

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey you questions, I don't know if it's rhetorical or not.
Ok seriously, I'm putting out the olive branch. I'm not getting into arguments anymore today. Things just got too heated. I'm not against you or anyone. Not Guilty. So please, we should just move on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to be mean, but do something about it. Don't sit there every day whining to us about how you're angry at the world and you're not getting anywhere and life's passing you by. I did that way too long. See, I believe you OWE it to yourself to give yourself permission to go for dreams and live.I understand living in a cushy bubble of childhood nostalgia is "safe" and such, but there comes a point where you have to get militant and take action.
Oh, you mean go to the same 3 StarPukes places and beg for work only to see some dumbfrag stoner that's someone's best friend get the job? I've been denied EVERY single part time start up job I've tried out for, all for various stupid reasons. I keep going back year after year after year... I can only do so much. I mean, this isn't a "Oh I tried 3 times and quit" I've been looking for some sort of meaningless start up "just for the experience work" for 10 of the longest WORST years of my life. I keep asking "friends" for help, but somehow they manage to let me down EVERY time. This is not 1950's America where you can just walk into a friendly neighborhood Hardware store and ask Hank or Chet for a helping hand. Even when the Economy was so amazingly good (which it never was) I didn't get a single call back. I don't even get interviews anymore. Haven't in almost 4 years or so. And you DON'T want to know what I want to do to the phoney piece of GARBAGE that interviewed me then. Sorry of that sounds angry, but it's a sensitive subject.

All I got is that STUPID Deviant fan art page that no one looks at (and copyright wise, I dunno if I should enable prints or not... I don't want to get sued). I do NOT like the materials I have to use at all, the program I have to color stuff keeps crashing, and I've been trying to find stupid dead end part time work to be able to get a tablet and all those other things.

I'm that Greek mortal that has to push that boulder up a hill... every time I get closer, it falls back over and I have to start over again. After a while it stops being cute and starts being ridiculous... and then it stops being ridiculous and becomes soul crushing. Every time I take action it kicks me pretty hard in the nyutz. I haven't actually given up, threatened to multiple times, but I haven't.

beaker

Reaction score
Ok seriously, I'm putting out the olive branch. I'm not getting into arguments anymore today. Things just got too heated. I'm not against you or anyone. Not Guilty. So please, we should just move on.
Oh I agree. Hey I fogot it was Jim's bday. No wonder they say never bring up politics, religion or hot button social issues with people(or on dates!)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I agree. Hey I fogot it was Jim's bday. No wonder they say never bring up politics, religion or hot button social issues with people(or on dates!)
Yeah I actually forgot that as well. I should remind my friends of his birthday as well. :smile:

Yeah I guess there is a reason they say to avoid those issues, lol.