The Bible and Love and Christians

beaker

Reaction score
Tooth...I think you're missing my point. **** I have hardly ever had a real job in my life, been poor as heck but I am now loving life. I won't recommend getting in debt with student loans...as much as college is good for a social life I think people are wrong to think it's the only way

But dude, I HATE when people say "go get a job"...that's not at all what I was saying.
I was saying follow YOUR dreams, not working at some burger joint. I think I've had like one or two actual punchclock jobs, and those were both briefly a decade ago.

You seem angry...Ive been frustrated, still get frustrated. But all Im saying is out of anyone on this forum I can probably relate to you the most. Im just now turning that anger/frustration/etc fuel.

I don't know what your paranoia is about copyrights. My friend is the same way and I'm like "huh?" I could give a dookie if someone ripped me off, because everything is a remix. A mashup. One of the top headliners at festivals is this act called "Girl Talk", which is basically a 25 year old on a laptop making music entirely of mashed up classic songs that is completely illegal...but he's become such a massive success despite not having a single legal cd out that he is above most grammy winners as far as popularity and position.
Trust me, ain't noone gonna be stealing your stuff. I had a webcomic in 2002-2005 that became one of the top gamer/geek webcomics...but I also had to spend a ton of money in endless promotion. Now its like even if only a couple hundred people check out my animation on youtube, I'm happy. Because it's doing something. I could make up a thousand excuses to not do something.

You and I can spend endless data bits talking about evil creepy Republicans and bullies, but at the end of the day we have to prove to ourselves. We have to owe it to ourselves to make our lives grand....heck, Kermit would want it that way. I realized, why am I a fan of the Muppets when for a time I wasn't even following my dreams and toiling in self defeatist thinking

Btw what program do you have? You can easily get and learn Photoshop CS5

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I actually forgot that as well. I should remind my friends of his birthday as well. :smile:

Yeah I guess there is a reason they say to avoid those issues, lol.
Doesn't it say something that we all(the public) seem to remember his death more than his birth?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Doesn't it say something that we all(the public) seem to remember his death more than his birth?
Beatle fans don't tend to like Yoko Ono, heh, but she did make a good point once. Rather than send flowers on the anniversary of John's death, you should instead celebrate his birthday. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I think the Beetles were one of those passionate time spans where they would have split up before the 1980's anyways, realizing that they wouldn't want to put out mediocre music. I mean the Rolling Stones...after awhile you can't reinvent the wheel every album

Also @Dr Tooth: The reason I poured myself out in those messages is because I genuinely see your frustration, have been there and want to help. I want good things for everyone here

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tooth...I think you're missing my point. **** I have hardly ever had a real job in my life, been poor as heck but I am now loving life. I won't recommend getting in debt with student loans...as much as college is good for a social life I think people are wrong to think it's the only way

But dude, I HATE when people say "go get a job"...that's not at all what I was saying.
I was saying follow YOUR dreams, not working at some burger joint. I think I've had like one or two actual punchclock jobs, and those were both briefly a decade ago.

You seem angry...Ive been frustrated, still get frustrated. But all Im saying is out of anyone on this forum I can probably relate to you the most. Im just now turning that anger/frustration/etc fuel.

Well, my plan was to get some crappy, meaningless job so I can get some money to buy stuff... I once had a class who's teacher said "This class will explain why the term starving artist is so apt." While digital stuff is much cheaper, I still kinda need a tablet and maybe some animation software. Then I can get some stuff really going. Oh... and a scanner. I forgot the scanner... I hate having to use a digital camera.

Other than that, THEN I can try and do something of great value.

Now, I had to address that for fear of someone feel that I'm nervously changing the topic. But we DO have to get back to the topic at hand... no Bush/Obama policies, no personal crap, just religion

How come everyone's complaining about Chaz Bono on DWTS, but no one said a thing about Tim (or is it Ted) Haggard, the "Burn every single gay in the world... just forget I'm one" being on Wife Swap.

In fact, How come we're complaining about Chaz Bono when Wife Swap even exists?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the Beetles were one of those passionate time spans where they would have split up before the 1980's anyways, realizing that they wouldn't want to put out mediocre music.
Oh yeah definitely, I'm not one of those fans who thinks "Yoko broke up the Beatles." Though I don't love everything she's done over the years.

How come everyone's complaining about Chaz Bono on DWTS, but no one said a thing about Tim (or is it Ted) Haggard, the "Burn every single gay in the world... just forget I'm one" being on Wife Swap.
That show (Wife Swap) in general just really bothers me, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That show (Wife Swap) in general just really bothers me, lol.
Why can't we get anything... you know... GOOD from Europe? Like, I dunno... The Asterix movies on DVD at least?

Why are decency in television groups ALWAYS go after something like Chaz Bono, Family Guy, or Sesame Street (for certain reasons), but Wife Swap, Jersey Shore, Jon plus Kate plus too dang many kids, minus Jon, Multiplied by Kate's Ego... no one complains about detrimental garbage like that?

I am not by any means prudish, overly sensitive, or anything like that... but I feel these shows are more damaging to humanity than they think overly edited, blue face Mr. Popo, Not a dirty old man Roshi American Dragon Ball Z is to kids. there's a difference between art and filth. If someone gets punched out in a Popeye cartoon, the only pain involved is on the animator's wrist drawing it... Bum Fights are real evil. Enjoying the real pain of others. I will say, as annoyingly exploitative Extreme Home Makeover is, it's like the cleanest reality show out there (unfortunately)... but I'm sick of Biggest Loser looking like anything but the "Laugh at extreme fat people crawling around in Mud and crying" show.

these shows WANT controversial "stars" on their shows so people can see a train wreck... Chaz, while controversial in his own right, just wants to go on the show, have fun, and I guess lose weight from dancing (I see him more as the obligatory "fat" contestant than anything). No one minded Tom DeLay being on the show. So why all the fuss about someone happy and comfortable about themselves, vs. some hate based false prophet that doesn't even believe his own bunk?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why are decency in television groups ALWAYS go after something like Chaz Bono, Family Guy, or Sesame Street (for certain reasons), but Wife Swap, Jersey Shore, Jon plus Kate plus too dang many kids, minus Jon, Multiplied by Kate's Ego... no one complains about detrimental garbage like that?
It seems to be an historical rule that "decency groups" of any kind are mainly good at wasting people's time. They have good intentions, but they concentrate on irrelevant, surface things.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems to be an historical rule that "decency groups" of any kind are mainly good at wasting people's time. They have good intentions, but they concentrate on irrelevant, surface things.
Yeah, it's like Seth MacFarline's the Anti-Christ or something, but Jerry Springer and Maury Povich can still be on television no problem. Janet Jackson's female chest popping out shouldn't have been the sign filth was on television... the first season of Survivor should've. Shocking words and offensive shock jokes are one thing, telling people the best way to get ahead is to undermine others, treat others with disrespect and throw them under a bus is another... that one's done WITHOUT fun, and only malicious intent. I still applaud people going after violent garbage like Jack[enapes], Bum Fights, internet microwaving kittens videos (microwaving non-living consumer items, however, is brilliant), and fakey "rap" music that just promotes violence in lower income neighborhoods... but when you go after Spongebob because they did a global warming episode...:rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, it's like Seth MacFarline's the Anti-Christ or something, but Jerry Springer and Maury Povich can still be on television no problem.
Perhaps...now stay with me...you could draw a parallel between people like Springer and Povich....and the Republican Party, the way they all manage to endear people who in fact should be outraged? Hmm....

(And no I'm not saying all Republicans like those shows. I realize I am generalizing. :smile: )

but when you go after Spongebob because they did a global warming episode...:rolleyes:
Yeah you know they should watch those old Ninja Turtle spots where they'd talk about the enviornment. If Donatello tells me there's global warming, that's good enough for me! :wink: