The birth of new muppet fans?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It's a generational thing. We children of the 80's & early 90's grew up on a barrage of shows, cartoons, and Muppet-esque things, whereas the generations since 1998 grow up on fart & sex jokes, teenybopper stuff, dubbed animes, TV series' based on card-esque videogames, and cartoons that seemingly have the writers hack job their way to profit.
WARNING: RANT AHEAD!
and people who grew up during the early 90s also remember how some of their favorite shows have changed for the worse with their times. I mean, The Simpsons used to actually have thought and meaning, but now its become nothing more than a Family Guy clone. If I wanted to watch Family Guy I would watch Family Guy, not the Simpsons. And the thing is I DONT watch family guy. I DONT like all those "fart and sex and ect. jokes. Which is why I always say I'm in the wrong century. I would have been better off being a teen in the 80s :smirk:

Ok, I'm done :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
and people who grew up during the early 90s also remember how some of their favorite shows have changed for the worse with their times. I mean, The Simpsons used to actually have thought and meaning, but now its become nothing more than a Family Guy clone.
I Think this is the second time this happened because that a lot of what it is at the moment. But they still have a few god ones every year.:smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I DONT like all those "fart and sex and ect. jokes. Which is why I always say I'm in the wrong century. I would have been better off being a teen in the 80s :smirk:

Ok, I'm done :stick_out_tongue:
That's why we can't say that not all of todays kids love what's on tv. Just because it is there and shown everyday does not always mean every single one of them would love what's on tv today, over, say, if they actually had the power to choose between todays shows and all sorts of shows from the 70- early 90's. The trouble is, most kids nowadays don't have that sort of library of DVD collections to be exposed to or even learn about what they are missing:sympathy:...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmm, I said century, I meant decade, but you obviously got the point lol :stick_out_tongue:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I totally understand it. My mom even says that I should've lived during the '50s. (Not only do I act like it, I look ike the kids in the '50s [where curls were in...].) I think that's why I'm more comfortable talking to adults rather than kids my age (or somewhere in the age group).

Anyway... I like the Muppets so much that my little brother (the youngest one) likes the Muppets some as well, and Mom wants him to find his own thing to like. That, and I got "Mahna Mahna" stuck in Zach's (my older little brother [as in he's younger than me but older than my other little brother]) head.

Yeah, besides from technology being less advanced than it is today (which I like), I so belong in the Fifties. I would've grown up with the Muppets, too. :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well the good thing about having older parents that were as old as most of my generations grandparents was that I was raised with 50's morals, and 60-70's ideals :smile:. I sometimes wish I could have been born in the 70's if my ma had had me in her 30's, and I would have been been born in June if I wasn't premature, but you can't change the past :smile:. I'm happy enough being an 80's baby and early 90's child with a disability and loving little Robin the frog :smile:.
"Find his own thing to like?" isn't the muppets a big enough thing for more than one child to like them in a family? *lol*

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Oh, you know what I mean, Redsonga. (Darn it, I need help wording things...) I think Mom's worried that Logan's gonna grow up to be like me (which, in a way, he already is). And I think she wants Logan to be an individual and find things that differ from what I like.

Take, for example, my family's recent vacation to Disney World. I wanted to go back to the Muppet Gift Shop because Logan (I think) said that he wanted a Swedish Chef doll. Mom had him get... I forgot what, but I got a lot of Muppet stuff and Zach got some Indiana Jones stuff. See? She wants us to like our own thing.

And she also wants me to get real friends, be more social, spend more time with family, etc. I don't think she fully has me figured out. Then again, most people don't have any child/person with autism/Asperger's syndrome figured out. (I have Asperger's, I get good grades, I'm in GT and Advanced Math, and I want to be in the entertainment business. See? With me being so smart, a doctor would be a better career choice. But I want to do something I love: entertain for fun. [And who knows? I may even become a Muppeteer when I'm older. Hey, I'm short enough...])

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, you know what I mean, Redsonga. (Darn it, I need help wording things...) I think Mom's worried that Logan's gonna grow up to be like me (which, in a way, he already is). And I think she wants Logan to be an individual and find things that differ from what I like.
But the thing is even if you both like the same things you aren't going to like them in just the same way, you would both have different ways of expressing yourself just fine I'm sure :smile:. You'd still be your own people :smile:. Forcing a fandom on someone when they really like another fandom more never works deep down IMHO...
.. I forgot what, but I got a lot of Muppet stuff and Zach got some Indiana Jones stuff. See? She wants us to like our own thing.
But his own thing might be the Swedish Chef ^.~.
And she also wants me to get real friends, be more social, spend more time with family, etc. I don't think she fully has me figured out. Then again, most people don't have any child/person with autism/Asperger's syndrome figured out.
Meh, lots of people on the internet have trying to say I have Asperger's syndrome lately, but I'd rather just say I am me and that is that :smile:. I don't want to fix me because to me there is nothing wrong with me. I'm happy being a girl with only a handful of friends, not being social, and being a kid at heart who writes and draws and collects toys. That has always been me and I'm not going to have my whole character labeled just because it makes doctors or people on the internet feel like they finally know what 'my problem is' *rolls eyes* If that is normal thinking I don't want to be normal thank you ^.~!

Anyhow, I'd be tempted to mix muppets with Indy and see what she has to say about that *lol* (I love Indy BTW, he was one of my first crushes)

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Heheheh. Good idea, especially since the Muppets have payed tribute to Indy in various ways before. I'll try it in the morning.

And I've actually been diagnosed with Asperger's. I don't know who's side of the family I got it from, however...

About the doll, I thought he said "Swedish Chef doll". I don't remember for sure what he said (but it might've been that).

Did I ever tell you guys that Logan has a hamster? I got to help name her: Her name is Janice. She got lost at my mom's friend's house for a period of a few days and she was going to buy a guinea pig to make up for it. (With any luck, I wou;d've named it Beaker if it was a boy.) Anyway, the hamster's back. For some odd reason, I've been playing some Muppet videos and trying to get her to watch them. After all, her namesake is in some of those clips.

Redsonga

Reaction score
And I've actually been diagnosed with Asperger's. I don't know who's side of the family I got it from, however...
I guess I'm just saying don't make it feel like there is something wrong with the way you think, I'm sure you're a good person :smile: *hugs*
And anyway, many creative people that changed the world had a syndrome or two :wink:.

I think many people don't think about the true staying power of the muppets, Kermit is alive and well to many younger people IMHO :smile:...
Ack, ramble ramble..maybe I should go to bed *lol*