The birth of new muppet fans?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That wouldn't be to say that all people who watch TV have bad reading comprehension. I wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons when all my peers at school were so I grwe up think it was an adult show because my parents told me it was, so I got in many an out numbered argument that it was and of course they begged to differ with me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Of course not, but too much tv is never good for it's cutting into reading and homework time and such :smile:. You know what I mean, too much :smile:..Not just an hour here and there..Expect on weekends...I miss old Saturdays ;.;

I thought it was an adult show to (it sort of was for its time, in the long run, next to other cartoons, but not to the level things like Family Guy are now) but I just didn't talk about it at school..I knew if I did that would mean they could tell I didn't watch it...

But anyway, it all has to do with each type of parent I think..I couldn't watch the Simpsons or Cheers but my ma let me watch Married With Children-.-
I know I'm not going to be the sort of ma that says that all of the cartoons I grew up on are suddenly 'too scary'. On Amazon now I see parents my age saying that about the Care Bears :confused:

I think the old Muppet shows and movies are just as good for little ones now as they were before, and at least if you show them to the next generation they will know that they are there to come back to whenever they want someday :smile:.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I wasn't allowed to watch Cheers or Married With Children. I was sheltered. Could watch The Muppets, though.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well I wasn't allowed to watch Cheers or Married With Children. I was sheltered. Could watch The Muppets, though.
Aw, it's okay I was to:smile:. Up until the tv broke when I was 12 and we did not get a new one until I was in high school and our house could not get any type of tv...So it was only VHS tapes of anime and things for me..and a copy of The Muppet Movie that was nearly as old as the first home VCRs that you had to rent to use:eek:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was allowed to watch the simpsons but I wasnt allowed to watch Dexters Laboratory as a little kid XD

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think I would have been able to watch Dexter's Lab as a if I were younger when it came on.

I was not allowed to watch bugs bunny or Ninja turtles. I couldn't watch Pee Wee, but that is a whole other story, heh!:stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think I would have been able to watch Dexter's Lab as a if I were younger when it came on.

I was not allowed to watch bugs bunny or Ninja turtles. I couldn't watch Pee Wee, but that is a whole other story, heh!:stick_out_tongue:
I loved Pee Wee! I could only watch him at my daddy's because he had cable...
Aw, you poor dear, it must have been hard without Ninja Turtles, I lived and breathed them (even though I couldn't have any of the toys because they were for buys *grumbles* *plays with new Raph on desk and kisses it :3*).
Like I said before my ma did not like when I watched Beetlejuice (the cartoon) but I watched it anyway:coy:.
I wonder, if you couldn't watch Looney Tunes could you watch EEK! The Cat or Tazmaina or Tiny Toons ?:search:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was not allowed to watch Beetlejuice either. As far as Pee Wee went, lets just say I copied him and tied myself up with thread and ran all over the house with it and it drove my mom crazy to the point where I was not allowed to watch anymore.:embarrassed:

But I could watch EEK! The Cat, Tazmaina and Tiny Toons. Bugs was too violent or somthing as was the same with the Turtles. Funny thing is is that my mom grew up watch Looney Toons herself, lol!

Redsonga

Reaction score
OMG! I remember that episode :smile:! Chairy was my favorite :smile:
I was always more claim, I copied things like Mr. Rogers, I guess I was sort of boring *lol*
There was the time I was pretending I was Wilie Coyote and could only speak by writing signs though..or the time I put on a puppet show with no plot because the host of my favorite art program did it ....
Everyone grew up on Looney Tunes I think, I use to like watching the Woody Woodpecker Show even more (I think that was worst than Looney Tunes) I loved Chilly Willy and his theme song. Someday I will have to get it on DVD....
I wonder if some parents think the muppets are too violent :confused: