The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We are back in bussness! We all ready have I think three more questions to send, but I'll give people till tomorow to think of and post some more questions. Great Answers as always!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, I wonder, was there any reason why you produced but didn't write the Studio DC specials?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Wow Wonderful question, and that second one might get an answer as well not really sure.
Thanks for your response, Mr. Lewis. If Mr. Lazer gives you permission, thanks in advance for telling us the circus wagon story. My second question was just something I was curious about because "Turn the World Around" is such a memorable number and I wasn't sure if anyone at Henson remembered what that word meant or not. Thanks for answering anyway. Maybe that word is meant to be a permanent, unanswerable enigma. Kinda like the name of that Mystery Gordon... :smile:

Convincing John

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Jim, I too dig Mr. Lasseter's shirts!

I know you've commented on some of your influences, but I was wondering if you ever try to slip in any direct references to those influences in your writing. I know there have been subtle referecnes written into Muppet productions in the past (Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, and McCormack), and I was wondering if you still try to do that on occasion.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I have another one I thought of this afternoon.

I'm a big fan of Jim Henson's early work (the Wilkins coffee commercials, Sam and Friends, etc.) As much as I love the Muppet stuff from the 1970's to the "Stand by Me" video, I think the Wilkins Coffee commercial with the tree is one of the funniest Muppet moments ever. "It's autumn and the nuts are beginning to fall.":big_grin:

This recently uploaded Yorick clip is fun, too...but be forewarned, it makes you hungry.

Does Mr. Lewis have any favorite moments from Jim Henson's early career? (And hopefully he drinks Wilkins Coffee to avoid getting blown up).:wink:

Convincing John

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ik i will add something like was it a challenge to be a producer, and not a writer with new or different writers writing for the Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but my job is making it hard on me these last few days. I will try and send the questions ethier tonight or tomorow morning!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Jim,

I have to ask, in light of the recent issue outing of the Muppet Show comic book series, #4 to be exact, I got to asked....Did you or anyone over at Muppet Studios knew anything about this at all ?

If not or if you did then how did you take the surprise in the recent Muppet Show comic book issue #4 ?