the cartoons come to sesame street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy the following story. Think of it as a regular episode plot in the current format.

The Cartoons Come To Sesame Street

it was just another ordinary day on Sesame Street. Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Elmo were playing outside all morning when they started to get hungry and thirsty. So they decided to go to Hoopers Store. Big Bird ordered a birdseed milkshake, Cookie Monster ordered a glass of cookie juice, and Elmo ordered Grape Juice. Alan opened a cabnet for some glasses when out popped Teeny Little Superguy, and his opening song started playing from out of nowhere. he told everybody about himself, and they exchanged greetings when suddenly Super Grover walked into Hoopers Store, wanting a hot dog and some chips. he asked teeny Little Superguy "who are you?", and he said, "I'm teeny little superguy". grover said, "No, you can't be super. you are on a glass, and you are so small". teeny Little Superguy added, "you can't tell a hero by his size, i'm just a teeny little superguy, oh yeah!".

Just then, Suzie Kabloozy and her cat, feif (I think thats the spelling) came into Hoopers Store to buy some food for a picnic. Everybody in the store (except for Alan, who had to work all day) asked if they could come, and Susie kabloozy said, "sure, and bring some food and plenty of friends. The partys at twelve o'clock".

They started to go get ready for the picnic. Cookie Monster came home to get some cookies for the picnic, Elmo went to bring Dorthy and some peanut butter sandwhiches (No, elmo doesn't plan on eating dorthy), and Big Bird was going to tell people about his party.

He walkd over to Oscars can to invite Oscar. oscar said, "No!'. At that moment, the Alligator King arrived and asked big bird and Oscar if eithe rof them had seen his seven sons, who were missing. they said they haven't, but Big Bird invited the alligator King to the picnic at 12:00. The King said that he will come if he finds his sons. The Alligator King then found the Count, and asked the count if he had seen seven little alligators. The Count said, "No, but I hope to". The Count walked over to the mail-it shop to count mail when he saw some alligator children. he counted the alligators: "one, one alligator. Two, two alligators, Three, three alligators, four, four alligators, six, six alligators, seven, seven wonderful alligators, ah ah ah!", and then thunder and lightening striked briefly. The count brought them to the alligator king, whi was so greatful that he told the count about the picnic. The count set his watch to alarm at twelve o'clock.

Cookie Monster had packed some cookies and started to tell his monster friends about it when he ran into the monster who ate the television set. Cookie Monster told the monster about the picnic, and the monster brought along a Tv set. Cookie Monster then sang a special song, "Television Sets Are a Sometimes Food".

The Count went out to invite as many people as possible to the party so that he could have as many people as possible to count at the picnic when his watch went off (and made the counting music from the Pinball Number Count animations). he went to the picnic at the park, where he counted 12 ladybugs (from the ladybug picnic). he was then joined by as many people as possible: among the muppets were Big Bird (who brought birdseed), mr. Snuffleupagus and Alice Snuffleupagus (who brought cabbage and spaghetti), Elmo, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, prarie dawn, Bert (who brought some oatmeal), Ernie (who brought a pizza), lefty (who brought an invisible ice cream cone), and Rosita (who brought some mexican baked beans). Among the cartoon characters were Suzie Kabloozy, Feif, The Alligator king and his seven sons, the Martian Beauty, King Minus, Teeny Little Superguy, The King of Eight, the Queen of Six, cecile, and the boy from the "Loaf of bread, quart of milk, gallong of butter" sketch, with the food he was supposed to get in that skit. And out of the humans who came were Susan, Gordon, Miles, maria, Luis, Gabbi, Gina, and Bob.

Just then, Fat Blue came for some food when he saw grover. "Oh, No! It's you! oh, don't tell me you're serving the food here...", but grover asured him that he was just there for the picnic.

After everyone was done eating, Zoe arrived in her zoemobile and asked if anybody wanted to have a car race, so everybody got in their cars (the count got in his count mobile) and they, along with the race car drivers from the jazzy spies skits, drove off. Afterwardsm it staretd to rain hard, so Oscar decided to have a picnic, and he invited Slimey, grungetta, irvine, his elephants, and three grouches.

The End. What does everybody think?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few things to think about

There are a few things that i didn't think about when writing this story. I wonder if any of you noticed.

First if all, Alan couldn't go to the picnic because he had to work, but everybody who is known for working at the mail-it shop (Maria, Luis, and grover) was able to come.

I didn't include baby bear or his family at the picnic. They could have brought some pouridge.

I hardly specifically mentioned any food that was brought in by the cartoon characters. I think that The king of 8 would have brought 8 of something, the queen of 6 would have brought six of something, and the martian beauty would have brought nine of something.

I mentioned that lefty was there. Could he have tried to sell something to ernie and told him about the picnic? Could ernie have told him about the picnic when trying to sell him something? Could he or anybody else who came to the picnic have been there becasue he was trying to sell something?

let me know what you think. it's okay if you don't like it. I realise that this is a little more serious than the outlines that I have written.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I think you have some great comedic ideas, but it would be a thousand and a half times better with some more descriptions and dialogue. What you have now passes for outlines, but for stories it comes off as being a little forced. It has great potential, it just needs a little elaboration.

BEAR

Reaction score
More of a story would be nice. It just seems like an outline as said before. More meat in the story would make it a thousand percent more interesting. What happens at the picnic. What are they doing it for? Is there anything that gets in their way. you need more conflict.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
you want more dialog? heres one

Okay, I will write this in script form, although it will take a few small parts at a time. Some things may change.

here is scene 1.

(we see Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster hopping up and down in front of the doors that lead to big birds nest area. they notice the viewers).

Big Bird: Oh, Hi. Welcome to Sesame Street.
Cookie Monster: We were playing jumping game!
Elmo: Elmo loves jumping games.
Big Bird: so do I.
Cookie Monster: ohhh, but me tired from all that excersize.
Elmo: Elmo is tired, too! Elmo also thirsty.
Big Bird: well, let's go into Hoopers Store and get some drinks.
Elmo & Cookie: yeah!

(they walk into Hoopers Store)

Alan: Hi, Big Bird. Hi, Cookie Monster, Hi Elmo.
(all three greet alan at the same time)
Big Bird: Hello, Alan.
Cookie Monster: Hiya!
Elmo: hello.
Alan: what can I get you?
Cookie Monster: Me want some cookie juice.
Big Bird: I want a birdseed milkshake.
Elmo: and elmo wants some grape juice.
Alan: coming right up.

(alan goes to open a cabnet. when he opens the cabnet door, teeny ittle superguy appears)

Alan: who are you?
Teeny Little Superguy: I'm Teeny Little Superguy. (he dissolves under the floor and comes up above the counter)
Big Bird: Wow!
Elmo: hello, teeny Little Superguy. Elmos name is Elmo.
Cookie Monster: and me Cookie.
teeny Little Superguy: You don't look like a cookie.
Big Bird: and i'm big bird. That is alan.
Alan: hello.
(Super grover walks in)
Grover: good mornign, everybody.
all: hi, super grover.
grover: (to teeny little superguy) and who are you?
Teeny Little Superguy: I'm Teeny little Superguy.
Grover: oh, but you don't look very super.
teeny Little Superguy: (Singign) "you can't tell a hero by his size, I'm just a teeny little superguy. Oh, Yeah!"
Grover: well, how do you do? anyway, alan, I would like some pasta salad.
Alan: coming right up. (prepares to make pasta salad and the drinks)

(suzie kabloozy and her cat, feif, walk in)

Suzie Kabloozy: Hi! I'm Suzie kabloozy! Alan, I need some napkins, a picnic basket, and some watermellons.
Alan: why?
Suzie kabloozy: oh, I wa invited to a picnic today. It is at the park.
alan: well, it sounds like fun.
Suzie kabloozy: hey, would you all like to come?
All: (except alan) yeah!
Alan: I'd like to come, but I have to watch the store all day.
Big Bird: w, that's too bad. hey, suzie, when is the picnic?
Suzie kabloozy: It's at 12:00 P.M.
Cookie Monster: well, we'll be there.
Suzie kabloozy: great! and bring plenty of food, and invite plenty of friends. the more food and people the merrier.
all: yay!!!!!

stay tuned for part 2...... which will happen eventually, but in the meantime you can read the original post.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1 and 1 make 2

here is scene two.

(Big Bird, elmo, Cookie Monster and Super Grover all exit Hoppers Store).

Big Bird: (to alan, who is still in the store) goodbye, alan. I'm sorry you can't come. (to the others) now, let's get some food and invite our friends.
All: Right!
Grover: I will fly and tell as many people as possible (grover flies away).
Cookie Monster: well, me gonna make some cookies.
Elmo: and elmo is ging to invite Dorthy and Mr. Noodle.
Big Bird: okay, good bye.
(elmo moves right, cookie monster crosses the street, and big bird heads to his nest.)

(the alligator king knocks on Oscars trash can)

Oscar: (popping out of the can) What!?
the Alligator King: hello. I'm the alligator king.
Oscar: do I care?
Alligator King: I don't know. I am sad. My seven sons are lost. have you seen them?
oscar: (angrily) NO!
Big Bird: oh, hi, Oscar, who is your friend?
Oscar: this is not my friend! (goes into trash can and slams lid)
Alligator King: I am the alligator king. have you seen my seven sons? they are missing?
Big Bird: well, no. I would like to help, but I have to get ready for a picnic. Hey, would you like to come?
alligator king: i'd love to, but I must find my kids.
the count: did I hear somebody say kids?
Big Bird: hey, count, I'm going to a picnic at the park at 12;00. would you liek to come?
Count: why, yes. (sets his watch, which resembles the clock from the pinball number count segments, to twelve) I'd like to count as many people and as much food as possible.
Big Bird: well, tell as many people as possible.
Alligator King: what about my seven sons?
Count: seven? seven sons?
Alligator King: yes, my sons are missing.
cout: well, i haven't counted seven of anything today. I'll help.
Alligator King: oh, good.

stay tuned for part 3.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
three balls! 1, 2, 3

here is the third installment.

(cookie monster is waking down the street, huming to himself)
Cookie Monster: dum, de, deum, dum.. (sees herry). hey, herry.
herry monster: what, Cookie?
Cookie Monster: you want go to picnic today?
herry: sure, why not?
Cookie Monster: oh, good. it at twelve. (walks some more, sees telly)
Telly monster: Hi, Cookie.
Cookie Monster: oh, telly, wanna come to picnic at twelve in park today?
Telly: sure. I just made triangle-shapped sandwhiches. I can share it.
Cookie Monster: oh, good. (leaves some more, and sees the monster who ate the television set) Oh, are you the monster who ate the television set?
the monster who ate the television set: yes. I love Tv.
Cookie Monster: well, we having picnic at 12. you coming?
monster who ate television set: sure. I'll bring a tv.
Cookie Monster: well, you know what they say: TV is a sometimes food.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I Just Adore Four

This is the fourth installment.

(Telly comes to baby bear, who is at the arbor area, drawing hero guy)
Telly: hey, baby bear!
baby bear: yes?
Telly: There is a picnic today, and I would like you to come.
baby bear: okay. I'll invite my family, and we'll make a big bowl of porwidge.
Telly: great! see you in the park at twelve. later (leaves).
Goldilocks: oh, a picnic. I like picnics.
baby bear:frown:to himself) oh, good grief...
(goldlilocks leaves and Hero Guy comes to life)
hero guy: hi, baby bear!
Baby Bear: would you wike to come to the picnic?
Hero Guy: You're forgeting, I'm imaginarwy.
baby bear: oh, weah...

more coming soon!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gimmie Five!

Here is installment number 5.

(the count is out looking for the alligator kings kids and looking for people to invite)
Count: (to farley) see you later, farley. that's 26, 36 people I have told about the picnic. ah, ah, ah (he notices the alligator kings kids). oh, look! alligator kids. could they be the alligator kings son? let's count them and see. one kid! two kids! three kids! four kids! five kids! siz kids! seven, seven kids! ah, ah, ah.... (thunder and lightneing strikes).
(the kids shiver)
alligator kid #1: uh, let's get out of here!
alligator kid #2: yeah! our dad told us not to hang around strangers.
Count: wait! wait! you're father told me to find you!
alligator kid #3: really?
Count: yes, he told me that you all were lost.
Alligator kids: lost?
Alligator kid #2: we weren't lost. we were taking a walk.
Count: did you tell your father?
(they all stare at each other, then frown their heads)
Alligator Kid #3: we forgot.
Alligator King: (showing up) oh, you found them! great!
Count: that's one, one alligator king!
Alligator King: hey, now that i've found you all, who wants to go to a picnic later today?
kids: (all shouting at one) me/ i do/ hooray!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
installment six

here is another chapter......

(Ernie and Bert are trying to think about what they could do)
bert: hey, ernie! we can count my bottlecaps!
ernie: oh, not again, bert. hey, i know something better! let's play with my rubber duckie!
bert: oh, no...
ernie: well, I could find big bird and play Journey To Ernie.
bert: well, you do that...
(a knock is heard)
Ernie and Bert: come In!
Elmo: (entering) hey, Ernie! Bert! would you to like to go to a picnic in the park at 12:00 today?
bert: would we?
Ernie: we were just bored, right, bert?
Bert: yeah, even I was bored to death.
Elmo: oh, good. Bring some food and invite as many friends as possible (elmo exits).
Bert: oh, wow! I'm going to make some oatmeal and then invite berniee.
ernie: and i'm going to go get a pizza (ernie leaves).

(ernie walks behind a brick wall when he gets stopped by lefty the salesman)
Lefty: hey, bud.
Ernie: who, me?
Lefty: Shhhh!
Ernie: (quieter) who, me?
Lefty: rrrriiggght. would you like to buy this number twelve?
Ernie: would I like to buy that number twelve?
Lefty:ssshh!
Ernie: (quietly) uh, I can't. you see, I have to save my money for some food for a picnic and... hey! how would you like to go to a picnic?
Lefty; a picnic, huh? well, I suppose that there will be plenty of people to sell things to. I'll do it!
ernie: great! it's at the park today at...uh, oh, no! I forget what time it starts at. oh, think, enie, think, uh.. (he turns his head in panic and sees the 12 that lefty is selling...) oh! it's at twelve o'clock. oh, thanks for reminding me! I think I will buy that twelve. how much is it?
Lefty: 12 cents.
Ernie: here ya go (lives lefty the money), and thank ya very much (leaves).
lefty: heh! well, off to the party. (he walks and sees the spies from the jazzy spies skits) hey, would you all like to go to a picnic today at... uh, uh, oh, what time is it again?
(the spies all open their trenchcoats, which have number twelves on the inside)