The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
I will have to check if that sound cluster concept is included in Show #118B when I pull out the VHS cassette containing it, transfer it to DVD, then extract the video file from the DVD to share with all of you to watch during this week. Who agrees with me that duplicates of episode master tapes that exist across the country could be used to fill in the gaps of what was possibly lost in the CTW archives fire for the deluxe DVD/Blu-Ray series box set, and season by season releases?
I guessed SH because almost all of the Electric Company uploads from the channels of Steve Sadler Jr. and DirectorHFerreira that don't appear in preexisting episodes have popped up in one of the episodes on your channel, like "Director Prunes" and "Sundae Song". Just about the only one I haven't seen yet is "Shall I Shoot the Fish", which features SH in it. (Steve Sadler Jr. also uploaded "Good Night" onto his channel but without the Noggin logo at the bottom, so either 118B also has IGHT or he got his hands on a non-Noggin version of 42B.)

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I guessed SH because almost all of the Electric Company uploads from the channels of Steve Sadler Jr. and DirectorHFerreira that don't appear in preexisting episodes have popped up in one of the episodes on your channel, like "Director Prunes" and "Sundae Song". Just about the only one I haven't seen yet is "Shall I Shoot the Fish", which features SH in it. (Steve Sadler Jr. also uploaded "Good Night" onto his channel but without the Noggin logo at the bottom, so either 118B also has IGHT or he got his hands on a non-Noggin version of 42B.)
You might have to ask Steve Sadler, Jr. if he has a non-Noggin version of 42B in its entirety. That's one my channel doesn't have.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
An extended version of the theme music, released as a 45 single, which wasn't included in the 1972 Warner Bros. Records/Children's Television Workshop original cast album;

ASD Mind

Reaction score
The next time we have a live chat/discussion of The Electric Company, it will have to be in a venue other than YouTube, or maybe the event should be set to private where it's just other Muppet Central Forum members and myself participating. About another memory of the show, there had been a stop motion animation segment with a song set to the tune of Pomp And Circumstance; "Fresh, creamy butter, and blueberry pie!" was one of the lyrics.

Xerus

Reaction score
The New Adventures of Letterman

Bill of Wrongs

A fanfic by Cullen Pittman

Today, we find ourselves in congress where a congressman holds up a paper to his fellow congressmen and congresswomen. "We've finally done it," said the man proudly, "We finally made a BILL to outlaw spellbinding. That infamous Spellbinder is in trouble now." Everyone in congress cheered, except for one uninvited guest.

"Is that so?" grumbled Spellbinder who was hiding in a nearby trashcan. "Well, I got news for you. The President isn't the only one who can veto bills." The villain takes out his dangerous wand, and removes the B from BILL, causing the BILL to disappear from the surprised congressman's hand. And not only that, all of congress suddenly became ILL.

"Uh oh, I'd better protect my beautiful nose and mouth and mustache," cackled Spellbinder as he put on a face mask and watched as each different member of congress caught a different illness. The head congressman caught the flu. Another congressman caught the mumps. A congresswoman caught the measles. And others caught diseases like chicken pox and hives, and they all collapsed on the floor sick.

The evil Spellbinder left the room as he put a quarantine sign on the door. "Why am I doing that?!" gasped our villain, "I want more people to come in there and get sick!" And he took the quarantine sign and wrote on the back, "Come in, it's a party!" And put it back on the door.

Oh, where's a doctor when you need one?! Or better yet, Letterman! And here he comes into the building. Faster than a Rolling O. Stronger than Silent E. Able to leap a Capital T in a single bound. It's a word, it's a plan, it's Letterman!

"I'm Letterman", said Letterman and he became shocked when he saw everyone in congress sick and quickly covered his mouth and nose with his turtleneck. "Oh my! What happened to you all? Did you forget to button your coats on this cold day?"

"The Spellbinder did this to us, COUGH, COUGH", said the head congressman, drooped in his chair. "He took away our bill and made us all ill. COUGH!"

"Do you know of any medicine to cure us?" coughed a congresswoman.

"Sorry", said Letterman, "I'm a Letterman, not a doctor. But I know how to cure you all." Saying that, Letterman removed the B from his chest. And turned the word ILL back into BILL. And suddenly, all of congress was cured and healthy again, and the head congressman found the bill back in his hand again.

"YAAAY!" shouted everyone.

"Thank you, Letterman," said the head congressman, shaking his hand. "Now that we have this bill back, I can rush it to the President so he can make it a law to outlaw spellbinding forever."

"Just doing my patriotic duty," smiled Letterman saluting.

"CURSES!" growled the Spellbinder grumbling through his face mask and then sneezing it off. "AUUGGHH!" gasped the Spellbinder, seeing red spots on his green hands. "Now I'm the one that's ill!" A secret service man with a face mask grabbed the spotted Spellbinder, threw him in a closet, and put a quarantine sign on the door.

Will the Spellbinder get better? And will he escape the security protected closet? And if he does, will he obey the new no spellbinding law? Not likely.

THE END

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Very good writing, Cullen! I could picture Joan Rivers' voice in my head narrating it, and the voices of Gene Wilder (Letterman) and Zero Mostel (Spellbinder). 😀

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I'll probably write and post more Letterman fanfics soon.

elelover95

Reaction score
You know, Lucas and I have created some fan-made episodes using what we already have. I wish we could share them.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Should I just be lobbing my dreams off a cliff of ever collecting and viewing the entire The Electric Company series on DVD/Blu-Ray? Seems like that should be the case, with the royalties that the actors, namely Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby, are still demanding, due to their having received very little of them from Noggin reruns, the Shout Factory DVD releases, and the episodes made available for purchase on iTunes and Amazon. Plus there is the matter of appeasing the rights holders of Spider-Man (Marvel Entertainment, Disney), Road Runner (Warner Bros.). I have gotten nowhere at all with 80s Muppet Fan (real name: George Wesson, or is it Derek Bednark?) with the first 312 episodes of TEC he claims to have from the CTW/SW archives. He tells me they came from a private torrent. I can't seem to find that torrent anywhere. Is there anyone else who has that torrent that can step forward? Sure beats me where duplicates of episode master tapes can be found around the country, other than what the television director who formerly worked for CTW; Heather Ferreira, has possession of!