The Classic Falling Baker Sketches

prickle747

Reaction score
Is that the name that these are known for ?
(Baker Sketches,where the baker falls down the stairs at the end with whatever number of desserts he has in his arms)
btw.....does anybody know who the baker is ?
has he been in anything else known for ?

kinda like everyone knows the jazzy spies sketches are (i think we do)
(with the cartoon spies opening their jackets each numberd at the end and then fades to black)

some confirmation on this would help my brain picking :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they are called "Lets sing a song of _______" but they are known as fans by "Baker #_____"

Splurge

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
btw.....does anybody know who the baker is ?
has he been in anything else known for ?
That is a good question. I wish I knew who that was. All I know is that his voice was supplied by Jim Henson.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, speaking of the classic falling baker series, half of them were seen on Noggin's Unpaved episodes. #2 (Two chocolate creme pies) was seen on #1, #406, #796, and #926. #3 (Three birthday cakes) was on #1. #6 (Six strawberry shortcakes) was on #43 and #1095. #7 (Seven pumpkin pies) was on #43. And #10 (Ten chocolate layer cakes) was on #54 and #83. But #8 (Eight raspberry pudding cakes) was never on Noggin but on the original version of #2226. I just thought the baker series made their final appearance on the series in Season 19 until on the 35th special The Street We Live On (or Elmo's World: Sesame Street), it showed #10-TEN CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKES! :excited: They haven't been on SS for 16 years!!!

Noggin never showed #1 (One Wedding Cake), #4 (Four Root Beer Floats), #5 (Five Fancy Fruitcakes), #8 (Eight Raspberry Pudding Cakes), and #9 (Nine Coconut Custard Pies). And unfortunately, none of us from Muppet Central have #1, #4, #5, and #9 (with :sympathy: ).

ssetta

Reaction score
I know that he HAS it, but the question is....Will we ever GET it???? :concern: :frown:

Dantecat

Reaction score
I don't know Ssetta,It's either never or maybe(yes)!

Ryan

Reaction score
I have #9, but I'm not really interested in any trades right now.

matthewxel

Reaction score
Hey, Ryan

If you've got #9 segment, could you please tell us what was in it.

Reaction score
Baker's Sketch

For those of you who are wondering(and old enough to remember)
The Baker was none other than Jim Henson himself, falling down those stairs all 10 times(not including retakes) As for what all 10 desserts were: several members have them listed in other areas of this forum. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: