The Classic Falling Baker Sketches

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Jim Henson didn't play the Baker himself, but did the voice.

And concerning the name, on the "Original SS Book and Record", as well as other records, they listed a song as "Number Five". When it was rereleased in the "Songs From the Street" Box CD set, it was called the "Five Song". And in the credits of the "A&E Biography", a song was listed as "Three Song (Song of Three)", so it's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I call them "The Baker: (Song Of) _____"

Splurge

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Jim Henson didn't play the Baker himself, but did the voice.

And concerning the name, on the "Original SS Book and Record", as well as other records, they listed a song as "Number Five". When it was rereleased in the "Songs From the Street" Box CD set, it was called the "Five Song". And in the credits of the "A&E Biography", a song was listed as "Three Song (Song of Three)", so it's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I call them "The Baker: (Song Of) _____"
In the Unpaved book, that skit noted that the baker was just Jim Henson's voice. Anyway, Jim was sporting a beard while juggling three balls while the baker was clean shaven. And even if hypothetically, Jim did shave his beard, at that time he looked relatively thin and pale compared to the baker performer. Oh, to add to the naming of the bit, Unpaved referred to it as "The Baker".

Personally, I never cared for that audio version released on record or CD. Not because there was no audio of the falling baker or zany sound effects, mind you, but because I didn't like the music in that lower key and slightly slower speed. But that's just one monster's opinion.