"The" Cookie Monster?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Telly's fushia, actually, lol.

But he IS square... a square obsessed with triangles, and it's quite the vicious circle... I mean cycle...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yes, I know he's purplish...But the Monster That Ate the Television was Red...I think?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's the same thing with "the" Count. He is called count on the show, but early on he was called the count and still refers himself as such when greeting himself.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I suppose it's similar to Sam the American Eagle (Real name: Sam Eagle). I always find it strange, strange, strange to see his name written as Sam Eagle...

Nick22

Reaction score
I suppose it's similar to Sam the American Eagle (Real name: Sam Eagle). I always find it strange, strange, strange to see his name written as Sam Eagle...
i usually refer to him simply as sam. but if i'm talking to my friends, i say sam the eagle, or else they're completely clueless as to who i'm talking about.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's what I've been saying for a while. Cookie Monster is the most famous example of not giving a character a real name, and naming it after the sketch he was first in or so... Sort of like Luncheon Counter Monster, Beautiful Day Monster.... and I'm sure there are others.

I could picture puppeteers and writers saying.., "okay, let's use that Cookie sketch Monster" or something like that. Seems that as the character developed he went from being THE Monster that eats Cookies to Cookie Monster... Cookie, actually being his first name. Unless you wanna believe that supposed "Origin of Cookie Monster" song and his name is really Sid....

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I think he's called THE cookie monster, cause there are more like him now... His mother, his granny, his baby sister/cousin, his Papa, so there must be MORE cookie monsters out there... Its sorta like Kermit THE frog, where there are more frogs, ya know?

Fluffets

Reaction score
I think he's called THE cookie monster, cause there are more like him now... His mother, his granny, his baby sister/cousin, his Papa, so there must be MORE cookie monsters out there... Its sorta like Kermit THE frog, where there are more frogs, ya know?
Sort of, were we supposed too? :smile: