The Darkwing Duck Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... That sounds like something I remember USA Network doing with some of their animated series in the late 90's. They had this one story about a warrior prince and power sphere arching across Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Savage Dragon, and Wing Commander.

I rully liked DW... There's a great parallel that can be drawn between Drake and his enemies and Batman and his Rogues Gallery. There was an idea I sorta had about a Ducktales/Darkwing crossover that would have DW, Gizmo, and Scrooge reprising his role as the Masked Mallard. Oh well... *Goes to check other threads.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well I think it would have been a good two parter to do a cross over episode with Darkwing and DuckTales. Perhaps the writers said no to the cross over idea or were open to the possibilities of doing a cross over but didn't get around t do it or never had a good story line.

Xerus

Reaction score
Another villain that seems to be Darkwing's arch enemy was Taurus Bulba. He was in Darkwing's first adventure and tried to hurt Gosalyn. And later when Taurus was made into an android by FOWL, he swore revenge on Darkwing and Gosalyn in a very gripping episode. The Taurus Bulba episodes have been known to be very intense and scary.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Rumor has it that Darkwing was going to battle Bulba again for season 4, but the show got canceled.

I'm surprised there wasn't an episode where Negaduck tried to get into F.O.W.L somehow and battled Steelbeak.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Speaking of Steelbeak, have there ever been any episodes with Steelbeak and other villians (outside of F.O.W.L)?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of Steelbeak, have there ever been any episodes with Steelbeak and other villians (outside of F.O.W.L)?
There was Steelbeak meeting Tarus Bulba briefly, before the rooster ran away in terror. Other than that, nope.

Steelbeak should have ran into Negaduck or someone in the Fearsome Five, or all five members, just for a good story.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
This probably doesn't really count but there was also an another episode where Darkwing had a dream he was battling a lot of villains and I think one was Steelbeak along with Ammonia Pine, Megavolt and Liquidator, plus a few more but I can't remember who esle. I can't remember the name of that episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another villain that seems to be Darkwing's arch enemy was Taurus Bulba. He was in Darkwing's first adventure and tried to hurt Gosalyn. And later when Taurus was made into an android by FOWL, he swore revenge on Darkwing and Gosalyn in a very gripping episode. The Taurus Bulba episodes have been known to be very intense and scary.
The plans they had for Bulba.... sigh... it's all fan fic fodder now, but the TRUE ending to Darkwing duck (or at least the last true season) was that Darkwing had to finish off the now Cybernetic Taurus, almost getting into this big, climactic serious battle to the death. And Darkwing was also going to marry Morgana... but Disney didn't want to make another season, so Darkwing ended his TV show getting frozen in a Dinosaur's pancake syrup. It's one of those things you really shouldn't find out... too bad the idea of finishing off TV series as DTV's didn't come up until much, much later.... take the theatrically released (and long pushed back) Teacher's Pet movie. That gave incredible closure to the TV series.

Funny thing about Darkwing and F.O.W.L. In case anyone didn't know, the Darkwing Duck show as we know it was originally projected to be a full on James Bond parody.... but somewhere along the line, it became part James Bond Spoof, part Batman/The Shadow spoof (which I think makes the show all the funnier and broader). So that's why they have elements of both. In fact, I remember hearing that Jim originally based Darkwing's voice off of James Bond, minus the British accent.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in a Disney Adventures Magazine, there was a comic story where Steelbeak had Megavolt kidnapped so FOWL could harness his electricity to power up their weapons. But it backfired and Megavolt became even more warped and dangerous than ever, talking backwards and zapping everything out of control.

There was also another Disney Adventures comic adventure where Darkwing found a bill where the following villains Steelbeak, Megavolt, Bushroot, Tuskernini, Quackerjack, Liquidator, and Moliarty had spent a lot of money on something. Darkwing suspected something evil and tracked down all 7 villains to a hideout. It turned out they only used their money to pay for a pay per view channel so they could watch the Miss Corn Fritters pageant. Seeing this, Darkwing decided to sit down and watch it with them. Once the show was over, the villains decided to attack Darkwing for trespassing. But Darkwing managed to defeat them by absorbing Liquidator with a sponge and making Tuskernini slip on it crashing into some of the villains and then throwing the sponge at Megavolt shorting him out.

Xerus

Reaction score
This probably doesn't really count but there was also an another episode where Darkwing had a dream he was battling a lot of villains and I think one was Steelbeak along with Ammonia Pine, Megavolt and Liquidator, plus a few more but I can't remember who esle. I can't remember the name of that episode.
I don't remember the name of it either, but I do remember in the beginning of the episode, Darkwing was having a dream that he was in a tutu and was surrounded by Steelbeak, Megavolt, Quackerjack, Bushroot, Liquidator, and Ammonia Pine. But then a giant Morganna swatted them all away which made Darkwing happy. Then he woke up. In that episode, Morganna had teamed up with a villain from the dream world named Nodoff and they were messing with people's dreams causing them to do stuff like throwing out their valuables so she could steal them.

I also liked when the dream Steelbeak appeared, his familiar suave theme music started playing.