The Darkwing Duck Thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I heard the reasons that they didn't have many Liquidator shows was because it was hard for the writers to come up the with constant salesman talk he uses. Plus Liquidator was any easy villain to defeat by either exposing him to electricity, freezing or evaporating him, absorbing him with a sponge, or sealing him in cement or pudding. So they decided it was easier to write for Liquidator when he was with a group of villains.
I never cared for Liquidator, I always thought of him as the weak leak of my favorite villain team, the Fearsome Five.

You were always able to see how he was going to get beat long before it happen, like a mile away.

Plus it seems like even he doesn't truly know how to use his power to the fullest. In the episode Jail Byrd (again), when Negaduck steals all the other Fearsome Five powers, he parted the sea (like a certain famous bible character) and Liquidator asked why didn't he think of that, :smile:.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been watching quite a few episodes recently, and have some interesting observations.

In Adopt-a-Con, Drake Mallard unknowlingly sings up for the Adopt-a-Con program, finding out about it within minutes of actually doing it, and shortly afterwards has to take care of Tuskernini. It seems as though he wasn't aware of the program, but at one point after Darkwing encounters Tuskernini (disguised as Megavolt) robbing a bank and gets to the Mallard household quickly, the judge tells Darkwing that he had told him to stay away from Tuskernini, I would assume because of the adopt-a-con program. This hadn't been seen in the episode, and it seems like Darkwing didn't know about Adopt-a-Con until he'd adopted his con... When would the judge have told him to stay away from him?

In The Battle of the Brain Teasers, Honker, Launchpad, and Gosalyn wear special helmets when entering the site where the hats land. When one takes over Honkers body, he tells the others that the can't take over rthe other oens until they get their helmets off... It would have been better if the other two tried to take over their bodies when wearing helmets, and figruing out that they needed to have their hats off. Also, I wodner if Launchpad wore his regular hat underneath the helmet. There are episodes where Launchpad wears his hat under a different hat (one example is the one where Tuskernini thinkjs Launchpad is Darkwing... At one point Launchpad dresses as Darkwing, wearing his aviator cap under the Darkwing Duck hat), and in the Ducktales episode Double-O-Duck Launchpad wears a wig on top of his hat (Gyro Gearloose also does the same thing).

In The Hauntign of Mr. Banana Brain, when Quackerjack gets sucked into his box, his clothes, including his mask (all this tiem I thought it was just a hat) comes off... And yet later on, when he is forced to dress normal, he wears his mask along with his buisness suit. I guess he wasn't punished enough (though I guess it would be hard to recognise him without it).

In the few episodes I recently saw with Gizmoduck, it seems like he acts as if he's only a robot, as opposed to a duck in a robotic suit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But I know that he was seen with a full head of hair in Trading Faces (where he and Honker trade bodies, while Darkwing and Gosalyn also trade bodies), and I recently saw an epsidoe on youtube (forget the title) that had a scene with Launchpad pretending to be a game show host, and he had full hair as well.
I found that episode, and dang it I forget the episode again, but it's the one where Darkwing orders a robot to help him.. and I was wrong. Launchpad pretended to be a soap opera character instead of a game show host... I looked at the epsiode guide at wikipedia, and that episode was from teh thrid season, after the two brainteasers episodes... There goes my theory that he might have lost his hair between Trading faces and Battle of the Brainteasers (of course, considering that his hat got pulled off in the first Brainteasers episode, it would be funny if most of his hair got pulle doff as well... But then his bald head wouldn't have looked as smooth, the forehead hair would probably have been pulled off as well, and he would have probably had a few lines or dots drawn on his head from where the hair was pulled).

EDIT: The episode in question is Star-Crossed Circuits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just recently watched Just Us Justice Ducks, and I'm wondering, was Neptuna in any other episodes? Wikipedia's list of Darkwing Duck characters doesn't say much about her. SHe seems like an interesting character, yet she appeared to be the least developed membe rof the Justice Ducks (I know... she's not a duck...).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just heard news that Boom! Studios is going to start publishing a Darkwing Duck comic book collection.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Collection... well... I guess that's gonna be cool. But I would much rather some new stuff. I heard Shelli Paroline (artist of the Pigs in Space one shot) really wanted to work on some sort of series with Disney Afternoon characters... Darkwing was mentioned (it's in one of the interviews). I'd still buy a collection, though.

Still wonder if they're ever going to publish the Duck Avenger (Paperinik) origin story. Really... if you like Darkwing Duck, you might just enjoy those ones as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Collection... well... I guess that's gonna be cool. But I would much rather some new stuff. I heard Shelli Paroline (artist of the Pigs in Space one shot) really wanted to work on some sort of series with Disney Afternoon characters... Darkwing was mentioned (it's in one of the interviews). I'd still buy a collection, though.
From what I read this collection will be new new stuff. Maybe "collection" was the wrong word to use.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently got around to watching the first episode (or first episodes, as it was in two parts), and it's interesting. Darkwing Duck decides to secretly become Drake Mallard at the end so he can adopt Gosylin, and Gosylin instantly recognizes him, but pretty much everybody else doesn't seem to notice the similarities. It is rare for the villians to know/interract with Drake Mallard, but the Muddlefoots (excluding Honker, of course) don't seem to notice. It's especially interesting that nobody notices considering Launchpad, Gosylin, and Honker all regularly hang out with both Drake and Darkwing, but don't have their own secret identities.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I finally found a copy of Darkwing Duck Vol. 1 the other day and purchased it (I was shopping for Henson's Place but couldn't find a copy). Here's hoping sales from my purchase encourage Disney to release a thrid volume.... :wink:

I haven't watched every episode on the set, but it is amazing how so many of the episodes on volume 1 don't contain major villians. I don't think this volume has any episodes with Negaduck outside of "Just Us Justice Ducks" (I was thinking that "Life, The Negaverse, and Everything" was broadcast after that two-parter), and I think it only has one Quackerjack episode in addition to the above-mentioned episodes. I know it has a number of Bushroot, Steelbeak, and Megavolt episodes, though I haven't watched any of the Bushroot episodes yet, and only one of the Steelbeak episodes.

I had watched a number of episodes on YouTube, so when I got this set I've mainly watched episodes that I hadn't already seen on YouTube so far. And many of them are good... Comic Book Capers is one of the best episodes, while Getting Antsy and Double Darkwing are good as well.

It is interesting how Taubus Baulba (or whatever his name is) seems to be on many of the main menus and packaging art despite only being in one episode (counting the pilot as one).