The Darkwing Duck Thread

Xerus

Reaction score
The plans they had for Bulba.... sigh... it's all fan fic fodder now, but the TRUE ending to Darkwing duck (or at least the last true season) was that Darkwing had to finish off the now Cybernetic Taurus, almost getting into this big, climactic serious battle to the death. And Darkwing was also going to marry Morgana... but Disney didn't want to make another season, so Darkwing ended his TV show getting frozen in a Dinosaur's pancake syrup. It's one of those things you really shouldn't find out... too bad the idea of finishing off TV series as DTV's didn't come up until much, much later.... take the theatrically released (and long pushed back) Teacher's Pet movie. That gave incredible closure to the TV series.
I kind of thought the last season wasn't that great. The only main villains that were shown in that season were Megavolt, Negaduck, Steelbeak, and Taurus Bulba. The other episodes mostly featured stories about Morganna and her relatives.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
This probably doesn't really count but there was also an another episode where Darkwing had a dream he was battling a lot of villains and I think one was Steelbeak along with Ammonia Pine, Megavolt and Liquidator, plus a few more but I can't remember who esle. I can't remember the name of that episode.
The episode in question is called "Time And Punishment" where Gosalyn accidently goes with Quakerjack and Megavolt in Quackerjack's time top and ends up in the future where Darkwing Duck has become Darkwarror Duck.

Launchpad tells Gosalyn how her dad become Darkwarrior and says he captured all of his villains, in a flashback showing characters like Steelbeak, Bushroot, Liquidator and others.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the show were adapted into a movie, I could see Steelbeak employing The Fearsome Five as members of F.O.W.L., so that Darkwing's six biggest enemies (well, I don't know if I'd consider The Liquidator as one of his biggest enemies) can be in the movie.

Man, I saw Jailbird, and I expected the rest of the Fearsome Five to get revenge on Negaduck, but instead, I was semi-surprised to see them choose to team up to try to defeat Darkwing, afte rhe'd helped them get their powers back.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The episode in question is called "Time And Punishment" where Gosalyn accidently goes with Quakerjack and Megavolt in Quackerjack's time top and ends up in the future where Darkwing Duck has become Darkwarror Duck.

Launchpad tells Gosalyn how her dad become Darkwarrior and says he captured all of his villains, in a flashback showing characters like Steelbeak, Bushroot, Liquidator and others.
Thank you, I know it's on one of the DVD sets, since I do have both, I was too lazy to see it though, :smile: and get the name myself.

Man, I saw Jailbird, and I expected the rest of the Fearsome Five to get revenge on Negaduck, but instead, I was semi-surprised to see them choose to team up to try to defeat Darkwing, afte rhe'd helped them get their powers back.
Yeah when I first saw that episode way back when that's what I was thinking as well, :wink:. I think the other members of the fearsome five fear Negaduck so much they would never betray him, even after he betrayed them. It's still funny to me how they have super powers and yet Negaduck, who doesn't have any real powers, scares the living crap out of them, :smile:. Not to mention the way Negaduck pretty much bullies and pushs them around.

Another interesting note on that episode Jailbird though, is that I found it odd that after their powers were taken from them, Bushroot and Liquidator never return to their normal looks, I didn't understand that part at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This might be a bit of weird obsessive thinking here, but was Darking Duck the only hat-wearing character who was regularly shown without his hat? From memory (and from watching some epsiodes on youtube), Launchpad was rarely seen without his aviators cap, Megavolt was rarely seen without his helmet, and I don't ever remember seeing Quackerjack without his jesters hat. I can't remember if Tuskernini was shown without his hat, but I don't remember seeing him in many epsiodes, either. And I haven't noticed Negaduck without his hat, but I haven't watched many of his episodes on youtube, I have no childhood memories of him, and the top of his head most likely matches the top of Darkwing's head.

Xerus

Reaction score
This might be a bit of weird obsessive thinking here, but was Darking Duck the only hat-wearing character who was regularly shown without his hat? From memory (and from watching some epsiodes on youtube), Launchpad was rarely seen without his aviators cap, Megavolt was rarely seen without his helmet, and I don't ever remember seeing Quackerjack without his jesters hat. I can't remember if Tuskernini was shown without his hat, but I don't remember seeing him in many epsiodes, either. And I haven't noticed Negaduck without his hat, but I haven't watched many of his episodes on youtube, I have no childhood memories of him, and the top of his head most likely matches the top of Darkwing's head.
There was an episode where Megavolt was in a bathrobe and didn't have his hat on. He only had a tiny speck of red hair on top.

And when Megavolt was a high school kid named Elmo Sputterspark, he gained his powers when a bully messed up his science experiment and gave him electric powers, plus making his hair all huge and funky.

And when Paddywhack pulled Quackerjack into his box. Most of Quackerjack's clothes got pulled off except his purple pants.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was an episode where Megavolt was in a bathrobe and didn't have his hat on. He only had a tiny speck of red hair on top.

And when Megavolt was a high school kid named Elmo Sputterspark, he gained his powers when a bully messed up his science experiment and gave him electric powers, plus making his hair all huge and funky.
I knew of those appearances. The first wa sin Duck Blind, and the other in Clash Reunion. On Youtube, it seems like only part 2 (or 3, can't remember) is up. I've noticed that the epsidoes are split into three parts on youtube, but most of the first parts are no longer there. Part 1 of Duck Blind is online, but the audio is missing, with the page stating that it's because of music (probably the theme song, which users have included when uploading every episode).

In Clash Reunion, I wodnered if that afro was real or a wig (since it was a flashback).

Also, in Up, Up, and Awry, when Darkwing and Gizmo find Megavolt, his helmet flies off his head for a second and he's drawn as bald. I wonder if that small speck of hair could be a wig.

Launchpad was seen without his cap in Trading Faces, where he had a full head of hair, and The Battle of the Brainteasers, where he was bald. In the latter, it comes off when other characters pull it off. It seems like they struggle when pulling it off... Is it really hard for aviators caps to come off (on Rocky and Bullwinkle, Rokcy was rarely seen without his, and when he was, he was usually wearing a night cap over it)? I have a feeling that Launchpad was seen without it in The Return of the Battle of the Brainteasers, Too! but currently youtube only has "part 3" up, not showing Launchpad between having his cap and a brainteasers hat on (or vice versa).

But speaking of these youtube removals of first parts, youtube does have all of the rare episode Hot Spells, which was only broadcast once before being pulled from airings. The theme song isn't included on that youtube upload. While the episode was good, it wasn't that great.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in a Disney Adventures Magazine, there was a comic story where Steelbeak had Megavolt kidnapped so FOWL could harness his electricity to power up their weapons. But it backfired and Megavolt became even more warped and dangerous than ever, talking backwards and zapping everything out of control.

There was also another Disney Adventures comic adventure where Darkwing found a bill where the following villains Steelbeak, Megavolt, Bushroot, Tuskernini, Quackerjack, Liquidator, and Moliarty had spent a lot of money on something. Darkwing suspected something evil and tracked down all 7 villains to a hideout. It turned out they only used their money to pay for a pay per view channel so they could watch the Miss Corn Fritters pageant. Seeing this, Darkwing decided to sit down and watch it with them. Once the show was over, the villains decided to attack Darkwing for trespassing. But Darkwing managed to defeat them by absorbing Liquidator with a sponge and making Tuskernini slip on it crashing into some of the villains and then throwing the sponge at Megavolt shorting him out.
The Disney Adventures comics had a few Darkwing stories that I thought would've made great TV episodes.

There was the first comic where Liquidator was selling beverages that turned everyone in St. Canard into helpless water puddles and then put them under his control, including Darkwing. Luckily Honker made a formula to turn everyone back to normal.

And there was one where Bushroot sent a bunch of killer vegetables to attack the city.

There was a quick one page comic where Negaduck and Tuskernini were playing go-fish. But they kept saying go-fish at every turn. Negaduck shouted, "If one of us wants to win, we both gotta stop cheating!"

And there was this really interesting one where Darkwing thought all the villains were invading the city at once. But it turned out the villains weren't there, just their clothes. There was Megavolt's jumpsuit, Ammonia Pine's uniform and mop, Quackerjack's jester suit, Steelbeak's and Tuskernini's tuxedos, and the Eggmen uniforms. They all had somehow come to life and they were robbing things and terrorizing everyone. It turned out the mastermind behind all of this was a famous fashion designer for the villains. He had put a formula on the villains' old clothes bringing them to life. And now he was going to send a Negaduck suit to cause major damage. Luckily, Darkwing got the formula and poured it on all of his suits which ended up defeating the villain clothes. And at the end, it showed all of he Darkwing suits doing chores while Drake Mallard was relaxing.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Disney Adventures comics had a few Darkwing stories that I thought would've made great TV episodes.

There was the first comic where Liquidator was selling beverages that turned everyone in St. Canard into helpless water puddles and then put them under his control, including Darkwing. Luckily Honker made a formula to turn everyone back to normal.

And there was one where Bushroot sent a bunch of killer vegetables to attack the city.

There was a quick one page comic where Negaduck and Tuskernini were playing go-fish. But they kept saying go-fish at every turn. Negaduck shouted, "If one of us wants to win, we both gotta stop cheating!"

And there was this really interesting one where Darkwing thought all the villains were invading the city at once. But it turned out the villains weren't there, just their clothes. There was Megavolt's jumpsuit, Ammonia Pine's uniform and mop, Quackerjack's jester suit, Steelbeak's and Tuskernini's tuxedos, and the Eggmen uniforms. They all had somehow come to life and they were robbing things and terrorizing everyone. It turned out the mastermind behind all of this was a famous fashion designer for the villains. He had put a formula on the villains' old clothes bringing them to life. And now he was going to send a Negaduck suit to cause major damage. Luckily, Darkwing got the formula and poured it on all of his suits which ended up defeating the villain clothes. And at the end, it showed all of he Darkwing suits doing chores while Drake Mallard was relaxing.
Those are all good story ideas. I wish there were more Liquidator shows. That one where he turns people into puddles of water would have been a good episode, maybe a two parter.

Xerus

Reaction score
Those are all good story ideas. I wish there were more Liquidator shows. That one where he turns people into puddles of water would have been a good episode, maybe a two parter.
I heard the reasons that they didn't have many Liquidator shows was because it was hard for the writers to come up the with constant salesman talk he uses. Plus Liquidator was any easy villain to defeat by either exposing him to electricity, freezing or evaporating him, absorbing him with a sponge, or sealing him in cement or pudding. So they decided it was easier to write for Liquidator when he was with a group of villains.