The Darkwing Duck Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Ima guessing you never got either the DW nor Gosling PVC figurines Disney produced huh? I have 'em along with a select few others from the Mouse House amidst my larger collection of Sesame PVC's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which one? I think I have a small bendable Darkwing, and I swear I have a Launchpad PVC specifically form that show (unless I used the Ducktales one). I managed to track down everyone BUT Goz from the Kelloggs set (my mother NEVER Mailed in the order, and we had all the box tops). And of course the spiffy Disney Store plush. But basically I had half the action figure assortment... and I found Launchpad later.

Still... the fact they never made Gizmoduck was very disappointing. DW was probably happy, though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just a signature DW PVC figure, his cape fully open behind him. The Gosling figure is also dressed in her signature civilian outfit. The only Launchpad figure I remember is the big one from Ducktales that looked a smidge cartoonishly out of character to be him that I think was one of those rubbery bendable releases.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to find a way to get to this stuff... I actually don't have it on me, and I've been waiting to get that box that has a rough half of my old stuff out of my parent's basement for years. I think that figure's the one I got... was it from the Disney store? Man, I miss them selling single PVC's. I remember having a Flintheart Glomgold figure somewhere too.

I don't want to have to pay comic book store priced for stuff I already have somewhere... usually my stuff is in BETTER condition.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually no... The LP figure I found at a K-Mart back during my youth when I would at least browse action figure/toy aisles they had there. I remember this one trip because next to the Ducktales was a series of animal figures... Can't say what name the line was titled though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
DuckTales had a line of bendies, and ironically the only DuckTales bendy I ever got was the Launchpad one, after I had gotten the action figure from the Darkwing Duck line. I think there was also a line of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers bendies, while Tale Spin had an action figure line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually no... The LP figure I found at a K-Mart back during my youth when I would at least browse action figure/toy aisles they had there. I remember this one trip because next to the Ducktales was a series of animal figures... Can't say what name the line was titled though.
Wait... were these loose or carded? I don't recall seeing loose figures in big retail stores so much as I've seen them in the little independent toy stores that used to be around. And The Disney Store when they used to have smaller loose PVC's... come to think of it, even the Warner Bros store had those kind of figures for a while.

DuckTales had a line of bendies, and ironically the only DuckTales bendy I ever got was the Launchpad one, after I had gotten the action figure from the Darkwing Duck line. I think there was also a line of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers bendies, while Tale Spin had an action figure line.
I might have had the Rescue Rangers.... but I known there was also a Goof Troop and a Bonkers series too. I never saw anyone except for the Police Siren.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, I have two of the 12" darkwings. One was a birthday gift, and the other was sent to me by a net.friend who was giving away old fannish stuff. I painted one up to look like Negaduck.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually Drtooth, the LP I'm refering to was carded. Maybe it was a rubbery bendable figure, maybe a full-articulated one, can't say which since I never bought it.
Mmm, I don't recall buying anything if at all at my local Disney Store before it shut down around 2000. Usually, I got my PVC's from another store that sold them, the last ones I remember buying were the two-headed Rock Titan, Hydra, and Hades. Never understood why their bottom undersides were hollowed out. Never understood that little stick in the Hydra PVC figure either.

BTW: Anybody have descript knowledge on Ice-Head Harry from the DW/Disney Ice Show?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bought all the action figures back in the 90's. Right now, the new BOOM! comic is on my pull list and is described in two words:

Totally. Awesome!

Apparently, described in two words and two punctuation marks...