1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The End of Sesame Street is near?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by CoOKiE, Oct 22, 2006.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Why don't you look at this http://www.sesameworkshop.org/ before posting such stuff!
  2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Come on guys

Sesame Street is not gonna be over anytime soon!!! Why are we all fighting? We all know its not gonna happen within the next 5- 100,000,000 years!

BTW this is not the last season they start shooting on Oct,30th
  3. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

The end of SS? Ooh that would be my nightmare. :eek:
    Hopefully it won't though, I mean come on! The show's been going on for 30-something odd years, why stop now?? Youngster's love the show (and some who are just young at heart ;) ).

I've heard 'bout the whole V. monster thing, d'ya think it's actually gonna happen? :smirk: Why can't they just bring out Captain vegetable again or somethin', he was classic. =D
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

No, it's not. Cookie Monster said so himself on his appearance on Martha Stewart. "One cannot live on cookie alone, but me not changing me name to Brussel Sprouts Monster."

As for the end of Sesame Street...not for a REALLY long time, if AT ALL! Especially after seeing the documentary that was on the other night. There is still a long way to go and way too much to do before Sesame Street has fully done it's job. I don't think that Sesame Street will ever be done. Not only do we need it, the world needs it!
  5. Marky

Marky Member

Have any other shows been on the air longer than SS?
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Soap Operas have been on longer (and most still continue!)
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Meet The Press has, too.
  9. superboober

superboober Member

As has both the Today and Tonight shows.

The Unpaved book has a pretty good listing of still-going shows that started before Sesame.
  10. Marky

Marky Member

...and for 3.99, SS Unpaved seems like a bargain!!!
  11. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Easy there pal. I posted this to see if anyone else heard about it. Its a topic to talk about.

I COMPLETELY forgot about this, and havn't been asking for the notice this was all printed on. ::makes reminder note::

Like i said, i found it really lame news because i too argued against it... but was woundering how far this notice went around. Obviously it hasn't gotten too far.

I also remember she was talking about the school bringing the kids on a field trip to SS live up in MA (i believe) because of this notice...

But don't take it from me.. i'm just passing on what i heard, because i wanted to find out if n e one else heard about it, and what they thought about it.
  12. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

It was printed (supposedly) in the Parent Paper. Which i believe is a magizine... my co-worker is trying to find that copy for me.

I went to their site (briefly and couldn't find anything on it.
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Like I said before you do not need to listen to what some newspaper or magazine article says since the SW has said nothing about it so let's just drop it.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I agree with you, mikebennidict. Unless it is from a reliable news source, I will not take this seriously. Besides, I am sure we'd hear something from Sesame Workshop by now if it were true.