The End of Sesame Street is near?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
heralde said:
I know this is probably just a rumor, but this whole thing about people calling him "Veggie Monster." Sounds very Stepford Wives to me...
It is a rumor, I just posted where it came from! :smile:

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
wow

Rumor - good to hear. :attitude:

No Cookie or Oscar would be a tragedy.:rolleyes:

Marky

Reaction score
... and they're gonna make Episdodes VII, VIII & IX... and thaw Walt Disney's head, and LOST season 3 end with a swashbuckling pirate scene, and Captain Crunch is replacing Jay Leno...

By the way, I remember the death rumor being about Bert! :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, the Vegie Monster thing is just ridiculous. You know why I think there is an obesity problem in our youth today? Because kids aren't outside playing the way they used too. They're inside watching/playing videogames and television all day.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Well maybe Veggie Monster could be an alterego of Cookie Monster like the Incredible Hulk. like when Cookie Monster decides he needs to eat some leafy greens he changes and *CRASH* *BOOM* he changes into the Edible Hulk who only eats vegetables.

travellingpat

Reaction score
"... and they're gonna make Episdodes VII, VIII & IX... and thaw Walt Disney's head, and LOST season 3 end with a swashbuckling pirate scene, and Captain Crunch is replacing Jay Leno..."

En guard!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know, I with Captain Crunch would replace Jay Leno. Oh well, it looks like we have the next best thing, though...Conon O'Brien.:big_grin:

Marky

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Well maybe Veggie Monster could be an alterego of Cookie Monster like the Incredible Hulk. like when Cookie Monster decides he needs to eat some leafy greens he changes and *CRASH* *BOOM* he changes into the Edible Hulk who only eats vegetables.
rofl!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Basically.... I can't even find this the least bit true out of anything. Unless SW goes completely Bankrupt and some other company buys them out and views it unsuccessful, I don't see it ending any sooner than SNL or Meet The Press.

I agree parents use it as cheap day care... but that's true for TV in general. Look at Nick Jr. and Tickle U.... nothing but baby sitters with no bloody substance.

The Veggie Monster thing is as blown out of proportion as the rumors of a Sailor Moon movie with Lindsay Lohan. We ALL remember the truth was they toned down his eating cookies to a fraction of a percent. They sang how Cookies were sometimes foods, and plastered big blue all over apple sauce containers... that was about it.

Anything else is idiot parent talk. No Oscar and No Elmo.... preposterous. The entire idea of Oscar is that he really DOES care about everyone, and they all take his grouchiness with gentile humor. And Elmo? He's more articulate than the average 3 1/2 year old, speaking in third person and everything.

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Basically.... I can't even find this the least bit true out of anything. Unless SW goes completely Bankrupt and some other company buys them out and views it unsuccessful, I don't see it ending any sooner than SNL or Meet The Press.

I agree parents use it as cheap day care... but that's true for TV in general. Look at Nick Jr. and Tickle U.... nothing but baby sitters with no bloody substance.

The Veggie Monster thing is as blown out of proportion as the rumors of a Sailor Moon movie with Lindsay Lohan. We ALL remember the truth was they toned down his eating cookies to a fraction of a percent. They sang how Cookies were sometimes foods, and plastered big blue all over apple sauce containers... that was about it.

Anything else is idiot parent talk. No Oscar and No Elmo.... preposterous. The entire idea of Oscar is that he really DOES care about everyone, and they all take his grouchiness with gentile humor. And Elmo? He's more articulate than the average 3 1/2 year old, speaking in third person and everything.

Well said, Drtooth.:big_grin: