The Fate of Muppetvision 3*D

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It was announced this morning that Disney is pouring $1.1 Billion dollars into remaking California Adventure (Yes, that "billion" with a "b"! More than they spent building the park in the first place.)

Only Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Soarin' Over California are safe. Everything else is fair game for replacement.

My guess, and I know that the other thread was closed for speculation, but this is breaking news, is that this will be the end for Muppetvision.

They have already announced a new "Cars" land and "Toy Story Mania" will replace Paradise Pier.

As much as I hate to say it, Muppetvision is a low occupancy attraction and I think they will use this opportunity to close it.

But, for the time being, at least we'll still have it in Florida.

:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Waiting for inevitable post by a certain someone that says "OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares...." over and over. Well, I didn't have plans to go to this park anytime soon, and I never will.

Say, anyone wanna go and grab some merchandise before it closes? Maybe I can buy if offen yah.

goshposh

Reaction score
would they get rid of the roller coaster i wonder

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well we'll see what happens when it happens. :smile:

But just to say, I never liked Toy Story all that much ("Christmas Toy" wanna be! Lol) and now I'm even less inclined.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I've already found out that "California Screamin'" (or the roller coaster) is staying, as is the "Aladdin" stage show.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well we'll see what happens when it happens. :smile:

But just to say, I never liked Toy Story all that much ("Christmas Toy" wanna be! Lol) and now I'm even less inclined.
You know, I've always felt a little guilty about thinking the same thing. The Toy Story movies, while good (and did much for animated films and CG) are my least favorite among Pixar's line-up. That and the unfortunate Tom Hanks thing. A little Tom Hanks goes a long way for me. And Toy Story, of course, has a little Tom Hanks. (Sorry, had to make that joke). :halo:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
lovely the only hint of any muppets at all in the entire disney family in the park is going.
Yeah I'm totally feelin' the love for the muppets from them.:rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares....OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares....OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares....OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares....OMG XD Muppets isn't going anywhwere Disney cares....!

Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

I guess we can't know until we know, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I've always felt a little guilty about thinking the same thing. The Toy Story movies, while good (and did much for animated films and CG) are my least favorite among Pixar's line-up. That and the unfortunate Tom Hanks thing. A little Tom Hanks goes a long way for me. And Toy Story, of course, has a little Tom Hanks. (Sorry, had to make that joke). :halo:

Actually, my least favorites were Cars and Bugs Life. Toy Story has become their Snow White or Mickey mouse (Pixar that is), so it's pretty much their icon. I could see that. A Cars ride seems pretty tailor made.

I can't wait for a Ratatoullie restaruant that sells really really really bad food. Still kinda upset they didn't have a Happy Meal promotion for it.