The Fate of Muppetvision 3*D

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Obviously as a Muppet fan i think it's brilliant, wouldn't want to see it go, and its of importance because Jim made it, but i'm also trying to see it from the point of view that if you have a theme park thats supposed to appeal to kids and you have an exhibit for a brand that kids aren't really exposed much to at the moment it isn't exactly going to be top of their lists to see.
I know you've already basically recanted this position, but I wanted to point out that as far as brands in the theme park that kids aren't exposed to, there are plenty. Pretty much the only way to see the Muppets is on DVD's of either their movies or TV shows... but you could say the same about Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Roger Rabbit and even Indiana Jones. The only exposure kids have to any of these properties is through DVD's. So I don't see how the Muppets are any less relevant than most of the Disney characters.

Also, there are many rides and shows that have no counterparts and kids still like them... what about "Small World" or "The Haunted Mansion" (yeah, now there's a movie, but that's only been recently) or The Jungle Cruise or Space Mountain... You get the idea.

:stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
However, at the Mr. Magorium film, many kids knew and enthusiastically responded to Kermit. I didn't expect that reaction. Maybe the cheapy Disney DVD releases (that many fans felt could have been better) were a good thing and fueled that reaction? :confused:
Wow, that's great! Take note Disney, hehe, there is still a demand! And perhaps you don't have to change a thing. :wink:

comics101

Reaction score
It was announced this morning that Disney is pouring $1.1 Billion dollars into remaking California Adventure (Yes, that "billion" with a "b"! More than they spent building the park in the first place.)

Only Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Soarin' Over California are safe. Everything else is fair game for replacement.

My guess, and I know that the other thread was closed for speculation, but this is breaking news, is that this will be the end for Muppetvision.

They have already announced a new "Cars" land and "Toy Story Mania" will replace Paradise Pier.

As much as I hate to say it, Muppetvision is a low occupancy attraction and I think they will use this opportunity to close it.

But, for the time being, at least we'll still have it in Florida.

:stick_out_tongue:
Trust me when I say MV3D isn't going anywhere, and even if it does, as you said we sitll have Disney's Hollywood Studios, where If I've heard correctly, we may be getting a "Muppet Studios" type thing. This is still a RUMOR though, and I'm not sure how credible the source is, but I really hope it's true!:wink: