The Funniest Commercial ever

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
i dunno if any of you guys have seen this but it is soo funny. it is a commercial for the happy meal toys in germany. check out the "actor" they got to play kermit. its so funny. sorry if you guys have seen this before because i found it through toughpigs.com but here it is.
http://www.mcdonalds.de/
follow the happy meal link then the tv spot link

WiGgY

Reaction score
LOL. Obviously Steve couldn't make it to Germany :big_grin:

And people thought the series 2 Gonzo from Palisades looked funny. YIKES!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I died laughing when i saw that ad before! the music is hoot! it's cheep, but yet i think it's cute, espeacaily when kermit make's that face at the end. Kermit grabing each toy and only giving out kermit one's...;-) he's probaly doing it because he think's all the other's are ugly and scary toy'sand doesn't want people to see them,

the kermit MC D's toy is "kermit junk" but yet there is a lot of kermit junk out their and i'm sure a lot of us have some of it, it's cheepy made kermit stuff but it still looks like kermit.

Zack)Rowlf the, where i live the MD'S toy's are in bags;-)Dog.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I think it's especially hilarious that they made the puppet Kermit for the commercial to look like the c***tacular Kermit toys! My friend actually brought me one of the Kermits back from Germany, I sort of like it more than the Palisades one, and have thus replaced the Kermit in my Palisades display.

Ben Greene may not be held responsible for lack of understanding of badly used sarcasm or over-usage of word "of" in disclaimer

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Foreign,

That IS a toy Kermit.

Henson wouldnt let them use Kermit, So they used a toy Kermit with EMTV's Permission.

see ya

electricmayhem

Reaction score
That was cute, I liked it. Are those toys gonna be in US McDonalds?

beaker

Reaction score
Holy Abomination Batman!

Originally posted by *Warrick*

Henson wouldnt let them use Kermit, So they used a toy Kermit with EMTV's Permission.
Um, I dont want to say my respect for JHC's business decisions are going down hill...but um...they wouldnt let them use Kermit, BUT they'll let Kermit be represented by a freaking store bought puppet? Dont they know idiots over there will think *that is* Kermit?

From the country that brought you fascism and David Hasslehoff cult worship comes the biggest abomination to the Muppets since that ill fated back stabbing by Nascar.

I dont even know what to say...JHC would not only let a toy puppet be used to represent Kermit, but would allow the biggest grotesque freakishly Dhali-esqe representation of the Muppets be produced???!?!?!??!?!?!

WHY in the H*** would the UK and elsewhere get the good looking ones, and Germany get the horrific abomination ones?
I mean I know theyre like the only country to dub over every American tv and movie, but whats up with this?

first EM.TV, now this...Im not too sure about any future JHC relations with German related things.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
and one more funny thing is that the real kermit performed by steve did Mcd's add's for the UK muppet plushes.

Zack

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Holy Abomination Batman!

Originally posted by beaker
Um, I dont want to say my respect for JHC's business decisions are going down hill...but um...they wouldnt let them use Kermit, BUT they'll let Kermit be represented by a freaking store bought puppet?
No they didn't let them use it. EMTV let them use it. Big difference. If you remember correctly, Secret Squirrel said that everyone at JHC is just as upset as we are over this commerical.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Radionate is right here... sorry Beaker. Emtv let them use it, and JHC was furious... but what could they do?

To my recallection, the story whent: JHC gets a call from McDonalds Germany. They want to know if they can use Kermit. JHC said that it will cost such and such to fly over Steve and the Puppet of Kermit to Germany (and I am guessing there would need to be rehearsal time to get Steve to Parrot german Kermit for the ad). They wanted JHC to send over JUST the Puppet. Henson declined. A little later they agreed to send it over on a few conditions (can't remember what) but by then they whent over Henson's head and asked EMTV if it was okay to use an imposter Kermit for the add, which was a hollowed out Kermit the frog Plush doll. Okay......